satrnfreak

Gun show purchase....

How old, My little girl has a Marlin 795 (22LR), it's around a 100 dollar gun with the rebate Marlin is having till the end of the year, and she loves it. She is 12 now but I should have started her when she was a lot younger.

My daughter is 7, was thinking about picking up 795 anyway. Cant beat that with a stick for $100. Hopefully when she hits 10 i can start bringing her to Cherry Ridge.....

There is one thing I still don't understand......why can't I buy a stripped lower at a pa gun show?

It's considered a pistol in Pennsylvania. And therefore it must go from FFL to FFL.

I believe Paul discussed this before... about the difference of Incomplete firearms, parts, etc... and that is why we cant buy it in PA.

PA no longer treats stripped lowers as Pistols, however... it is still not considered a long gun by the ATF.

There is one thing I still don't understand......why can't I buy a stripped lower at a pa gun show?

because a Stripped Lower is an "Other" as far as ATF is concerned. Because it can be built up into a Rifle OR a Pistol, it falls under the handgun provisions. End-user intent doesnt matter.

because a Stripped Lower is an "Other" as far as ATF is concerned. Because it can be built up into a Rifle OR a Pistol, it falls under the handgun provisions. End-user intent doesnt matter.

Thank you very much, Eric "I don't know nothin' about guns goin' to Mexico" Holder

Paul would be the one to ask..but i BELIEVE this may predate the current administration.

Beginning of 2008 or 2009 I believe was when the ATF decided to "reinterpret" the law on stripped lowers and pistol grip shotguns, classifying them as "other" rather than "long guns".

augenreib.gifheadslap.gifbanghead.gifthmdown.gif

And that friends is the difference between someone who is law abiding at heart and someone who is criminal at heart. cringe.gif

It's not about being caught - it's about doing the right thing and following the law regardless of whether you can or will be caught or not.

By your logic - I should carry concealed - since it's concealed, I wouldn't be caught. headscratch.gif

Not for nothing but this is a public forum and can be visited by non-members, not that the membership process is that stringent but to post something like this, advocating breaking the law with the attitude of "who will know" paints all of us legitimate and law abiding gun owners in a bad light.

ETA - by the way, I didn't snip your original quote - you came back and edited it to make yourself "look better".

Not necessarily. There are two kinds of laws, just, and unjust. Do not defend nor follow unjust and unconstitutional laws, for they are null and void.

• Like 1