acaixguard

Is this weld spot worth fixing?

Hello, I recently got an upper from an out of state vendor who permanently pinned a Battlecomp 1.0 for me, in place of the flash hider that comes with it. This is what it looks like...

Screenshot2011-10-25at93826PM.png

Not sure if this turned out to be a hack job, and it's not as bad in person as the picture looks, but I'm wondering if it's worth having someone else re-weld the hole. If so, is there anyone in northern NJ (near Morris county) that can do this? Thanks in advance!

If it's just cosmetic and not functional it's up to you if it worth the cost to fix, not sure how much someone would charge you but I'd bet they will be along letting you know, but it sure can be fixed where you wouldn't even know there was ever a problem with it.

and if it's just cosmetic and you don't care, come up with good ol big fish story and just go with that..:icon_mrgreen: .

Thanks! It's on the bottom. Just cosmetic so far, but also want to make sure the weld material that is there stays put.

I probably should've posted this in the Gunsmith forum. I'll repost there. Mods, please feel free to close this one.

Hello, I recently got an upper from an out of state vendor who permanently pinned a Battlecomp 1.0 for me, in place of the flash hider that comes with it. This is what it looks like...

Screenshot2011-10-25at93826PM.png

Not sure if this turned out to be a hack job, and it's not as bad in person as the picture looks, but I'm wondering if it's worth having someone else re-weld the hole. If so, is there anyone in northern NJ (near Morris county) that can do this? Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty sure I can fix that cosmetically. I've un-f#%*ed worse.

Joe, Mastodon Ammo & Camo 973-764-9550

WOW...what a hack job. Even tho I never welded, Im sure I couldnt f**k it up any worse.

throw some JB Weld in there and touch up the paint. u should be good to go.

just PM me the name of the place so I can avoid them on my 14.5 build.

Yeah, it was a new comp. Shot it over the weekend after picking it up from JetAgent, and after cleaning, only a very slight bit of the black paint came off. Most of that spot is still black. In the end, I"m very happy with the fix :)