sasha45acp

Where to Shoot in South Jersey?

Cherry Hill / Atco Area  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Best South Jersey Range

• Police Association of South Jersey (PASJ)
    • South Jersey Shooting Club (SJSC)
    • Telco Sportsmen's Club
    • Square Circle Sportsman Club

SJSC..... Square Circle Sportsmen Club in Gibbsboro.... Telco in Atco.

They all have their issues, but are significantly better then hagues.

I've heard Square Circle is nice, but they're a real pain in the a** to get into. My brother in law tried asking a member about joining, but they refused to even give any information about it. From what I've heard they're very hard to get into, which is a shame, because they're one of the closest ranges to me.

I like Hagues as one can use high power rifles there, clean and people are pretty darn helpful However, I just noticed this on their site:

"Hague's welcomes Department of Homeland Security (ICE) to our membership rolls. Let's all welcome these fine officers to our great facility."

Should this be of concern?

What would be the concern?

The only concern with Hagues is their prices. For a 25 yard range its a bit on the expensive side, but the facility is well maintained, they do have a shop there if you need anything, and you can't take your brass home(only a porblem if your reload your own ammo or save it for scrap). I believe they charge 400? a year for use of their range a discount to their store and you can bring your own ammo to shoot. USANA is cheaper then that and offers a lot more.

I like Hagues as one can use high power rifles there, clean and people are pretty darn helpful However, I just noticed this on their site:

"Hague's welcomes Department of Homeland Security (ICE) to our membership rolls. Let's all welcome these fine officers to our great facility."

Should this be of concern?

The only concern with Hagues is their prices. For a 25 yard range its a bit on the expensive side, but the facility is well maintained, they do have a shop there if you need anything, and you can't take your brass home(only a porblem if your reload your own ammo or save it for scrap). I believe they charge 400? a year for use of their range a discount to their store and you can bring your own ammo to shoot. USANA is cheaper then that and offers a lot more.

I fully understand this. I was responding to the person asking if he should be concerned now that the Depatment of Homeland Security is a member of Hague's. Not sure I understand why he's asking if this should be a concern.

I won't go anywhere near hauges. Their prices are redicilous. I shoot at the Salem county sportsman's club but it's hard to get in. Also quinton Sportsman's club. As far as a range that sells ammo bobs little sports shop is a good one.

Where are you south jersey guys from? I live in Carneys point

I belong to Delran Jr Marksman. I also live in Marlton. 15 minutes to get there and very reasonable. One drawback open Sat, and Sunday only year round and Wed nights April thru Oct. But I rarely go to range more than once a week. up to 25 yd pistol, 50 and 100 yd rifle, trap and skeet, Archery and more. All outdoor but all covered stations. Great membership and growing under $100/yr.

Salem county sportsman's club

Rifle up to 100 yards

Pistol up to 20 yards

Trap 5 point with thrower with lights

Trap tower

Air rifle range

Archery with raised platform

Archery walk through

Campsites free to member. With bathrooms, water and precut firewood

Lake #1 sand bottom man made (great bass fishing)

Beach with life guard, snack stand and bathrooms

Paddle boats for members

Creek with boat ramp that leads to Salem canal

Cedar water swamp/lake (pickerel fishing)

Club house

Bar

Game room

Picnic grove

Pavilion with grills

Just bought a lot more land and are adding a 300 yard rifle range.

Salem county sportsman's club

Rifle up to 100 yards

Pistol up to 20 yards

Trap 5 point with thrower with lights

Trap tower

Air rifle range

Archery with raised platform

Archery walk through

Campsites free to member. With bathrooms, water and precut firewood

Lake #1 sand bottom man made (great bass fishing)

Beach with life guard, snack stand and bathrooms

Paddle boats for members

Creek with boat ramp that leads to Salem canal

Cedar water swamp/lake (pickerel fishing)

Club house

Bar

Game room

Picnic grove

Pavilion with grills

Just bought a lot more land and are adding a 300 yard rifle range.

Do they allow trailers (TT) or just tent camping?

If you want shoot shoot trap with out paying dues m&m sporting preserve is a good spot.

As far as the scsc it's between $300 and $400 if I remember correctly. Ill know shortly when i get this years bill. And a 1 time building fee that was like $300-$400. Their was like a 10 year waiting list but with the economy the way it is I can't imagine it's that long anymore.

I fully understand this. I was responding to the person asking if he should be concerned now that the Depatment of Homeland Security is a member of Hague's. Not sure I understand why he's asking if this should be a concern.

I don't know, I really don't trust these huge government agencies. Thought it was kind of odd, that's all. Kind of like the TSA...

DHS is made up of the 8 major organizations listed below. I happen to work for one of them, and if you think you should be more worried about these agencies while at Hagues or because of your membership at Hagues, you need to loosen the tinfoil hat a bit and stop watching youtube videos.

Customs and Border Protection (CBP)

Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)

Transportation Security Administration (TSA)

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

U.S. Coast Guard

U.S. Secret Service

Office of Inspector General

DHS is made up of the 8 major organizations listed below. I happen to work for one of them, and if you think you should be more worried about these agencies while at Hagues or because of your membership at Hagues, you need to loosen the tinfoil hat a bit and stop watching youtube videos.

Customs and Border Protection (CBP)

Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)

Transportation Security Administration (TSA)

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

U.S. Coast Guard

U.S. Secret Service

Office of Inspector General

That's why I asked "should I be concerned"? Enough of the tinfoil hat BS for legitimate concerns, all I asked was a question. Have you seen the news lately? My goodness...

I could see the concern if someone was a terrorist , illegal alien or something along those lines , but other than that what could be the problem ? Just dont see it .

I'm more likely to be glad different law enforcement agencies are there .