magic7

RTSP Firearms

I like shooting inside for the most part. Warm during the winter and cool during the summer. It dosent bother me if someone shoots a AR inside or someother type of firearm that gets pretty loud. I just except that it comes with the territory of shooting inside.

I like shooting inside for the most part. Warm during the winter and cool during the summer. It dosent bother me if someone shoots a AR inside or someother type of firearm that gets pretty loud. I just except that it comes with the territory of shooting inside.

Shooting pistols is easier for me indoors, simply due to the target changes and variable range (without having to call a cease-fire on the line to move targets).

Shooting pistols is easier for me indoors, simply due to the target changes and variable range (without having to call a cease-fire on the line to move targets).

Yeah its great having your own shooting booth to use...no cease fires and waiting for people...walking down range hopeing some idiot isnt loading his gun getting ready to fire it while your changen targets

Congratulations, you just made a lot of noise and learned nothing about how your weapon groups at realistic rifle range distances. So now that we established you're not really here to practice shooting, you should stay home and light m80s in your garage with the door closed.

so, who decides what "realistic rifle range distances" are? the paying customer has every right to shoot whatever is allowed in there. I don't care if he shoots a rifle at point blank range, he paid to be there and supports the range. I'll have issues if he is unsafe, otherwise enjoy shooting.

Made it out to RTSP today with another forum member. It really is a great facility. Nice and bright inside the range and it was nice to actually be able to breathe - they clearly spent a lot of money on the ventilation system. The staff seemed friendly and helpful.

Someone was shooting a rifle (I think it was a bolt action .308) inside and yes, the concussion was pretty bad... but it is what it is :)

Overall, I have to give RTSP two thumbs up. :good: :good: Just wish it wasn't 45 minutes way. :thsmiley_deadhorse:

so, who decides what "realistic rifle range distances" are? the paying customer has every right to shoot whatever is allowed in there. I don't care if he shoots a rifle at point blank range, he paid to be there and supports the range. I'll have issues if he is unsafe, otherwise enjoy shooting.

Shooting a rifle indoors is just downright obnoxious.

Still need to make it out there. Hopefully this weekend.

• Like 1

Shooting a rifle indoors is just downright obnoxious.

oboxious? maybe. wrong? no. I'm sympathetic to these guys because I experienced this first hand. When I first got my rifles and shotgun, I didn't know any of you and I wasn't a member of any ranges. I wanted to try out the stuff I bought and BH was the only option for me. I'm not going to fault the guy who shoots stuff indoors that can cause a concussion because he might be in the same situation I was in.

Went out to RTSP earlier today and it was great! Very clean, roomy and the staff is friendly to. I bought a membership and they even give a discount to fire/ems and pd. Definitely will be there at least twice a week.

Not a favorite of mine when the guy in the port next to me is shooting a 308 bolt gun thats sending down rounds a whopping 25 yards.

He has a right to be there since the range allows it and he paid for it but it is annoying. Just like my neighbor is allowed to have his barking dogs outside all day until 9pm at night. He's allowed to do it but rarely does b/c he knows that he doesnt want to piss off the neighbors. He is being considerate. Thats the word Im looking for...CONSIDERATE! I wish people would be more considerate at the range when they decide to bring their AR10 or M1A or 460S&W to the indoor 25 yd range.

You want to see how that rifle shoots indoors? Take it to Davis Sports in Goshen, NY where they have a 100yd indoor range and the loudness of the big guns is not annoying b/c of their baffle system.

Made it out to RTSP today with another forum member. It really is a great facility. Nice and bright inside the range and it was nice to actually be able to breathe - they clearly spent a lot of money on the ventilation system. The staff seemed friendly and helpful.

Someone was shooting a rifle (I think it was a bolt action .308) inside and yes, the concussion was pretty bad... but it is what it is :)

Overall, I have to give RTSP two thumbs up. :good: :good: Just wish it wasn't 45 minutes way. :thsmiley_deadhorse:

Went out to RTSP earlier today and it was great! Very clean, roomy and the staff is friendly to. I bought a membership and they even give a discount to fire/ems and pd. Definitely will be there at least twice a week.

Does anyone know if the discount is extended to volunteer EMTs also? Is the discount the same as that given to PD?

For fire/ems its 50.00 off the membership. I think it could have been a little more but i'll take anything that makes a dent in the 350.00 fee. They didn't ask for credentials either (i had a job shirt on w/ a patch). Unfortunately the discount is much less than it is for pd (175).

Not a favorite of mine when the guy in the port next to me is shooting a 308 bolt gun thats sending down rounds a whopping 25 yards.

He has a right to be there since the range allows it and he paid for it but it is annoying. Just like my neighbor is allowed to have his barking dogs outside all day until 9pm at night. He's allowed to do it but rarely does b/c he knows that he doesnt want to piss off the neighbors. He is being considerate. Thats the word Im looking for...CONSIDERATE! I wish people would be more considerate at the range when they decide to bring their AR10 or M1A or 460S&W to the indoor 25 yd range.

You want to see how that rifle shoots indoors? Take it to Davis Sports in Goshen, NY where they have a 100yd indoor range and the loudness of the big guns is not annoying b/c of their baffle system.

So someone should drive an extra distance to try out a rifle/shotgun they just got? It's annoying, but oh wells. Finding good outdoor ranges in NJ is difficult as it is... heck, most new shooters don't even know where to begin...

For fire/ems its 50.00 off the membership. I think it could have been a little more but i'll take anything that makes a dent in the 350.00 fee. They didn't ask for credentials either (i had a job shirt on w/ a patch). Unfortunately the discount is much less than it is for pd (175).

Wow, police who get paid for doing what they do get 1/2 off....volunteer EMS and firefighters get 50 bucks....talk about inequities! And yet they expect those unpaid firefighters to put there lives on the line if they had a fire! They should go to the Hall of Heroes at the Bergen Co Fire training center and see how many firefighters and Emts have lost their lives in the Line of Duty. A VERY DISAPPOINTING decision on their part.

Not to get too off topic. But.... EMS is a fledgling field and at least for the foreseeable future will be treated terrible. We are viewed as "Ambulance Drivers" (this is similar to a racial slur to us look up the definition on urbandictionary.com) and just not appreciated enough. Partly because we dont have enough representation in the "paid" field (unionization), partly because of the statement above and the paid vs volunteer comes into play. Luckily a bill passed today making some advancement for our profession but its still a long way off to being "fixed".

Gotta make a comment about shooting high powered rifles there. I guess I was one of "those guys", cause when I visited RTSP, I shot my M4 the entire time.

Yes, it's only 25 yards. But you know what? I wanted to sight in my irons AND red dot. I don't currently have easy access to a 100 yard outdoor range, so the 25 yard indoor range will have to do for now. And you know what? It accomplished my goals for the day. A lot of people use 25 yards as a starting point, then just fine tune out to 100+.

Like others said, you are at a GUN range. There are plenty of ranges that don't allow high powered rifles, and if you won't pistol calibers only, then those are the ranges for you. Also, even before I got started shooting rifles indoors, it never bothered me if others were shooting them. The reason is that I come prepared with proper hearing protection.

• Like 1

I think it should not matter if your paid, volunteer, if your serving the community it shouldn't matter if your a LEO, Support service for LE, Fireman, Medic, you are serving the public, and if you are in need of one of these services, that will be the most important one to you at the time. They all have a different job, and they all are needed.

• Like 1

I think it should not matter if your paid, volunteer, if your serving the community it shouldn't matter if your a LEO, Support service for LE, Fireman, Medic, you are serving the public, and if you are in need of one of these services, that will be the most important one to you at the time. They all have a different job, and they all are needed.

I agree totally with you public service is public service..... to give retired leo's a $175 discount and active firefighters/EMT's a $50 discount is a slap in the face to the Firefighters/EMTs.

• Like 1

The cops are getting a pro-deal and the ems are getting a discount. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Cops might be able to get a discount on ems supplies but the ems get a much better pro-deal rate because that is their profession.

Look at range time discounts as well as firearm discounts as a pro-deal for the cops.

Also on the topic of the waiver just note that you can never ever ever waive negligence and the basis of a suit in this case should be negligence. Even if they write in the contract that you waive their negligence and you sign it, it doesn't mean anything because you can't waive negligence.

As far as rifles in the 25 yard indoor range, I don't see anything wrong with that either. 25 yards is a normal starting sight-in distance. Also it might be your only place to practice off hand even if it's just for form. Davis in Goshen doesn't allow you to fire rifle standing.

Could of taken advantage of the before the opening deal at $250 for the year.

Could they be giving leo's a discount because it may be a less of a "liability"? Just an idea. I really think the discount should just be extended universally to all "public safety". It is what it is though and im happy with the 50.00 (better than nothing).

I've said this for years and will continue to mention it until the day I die.

VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET

If you don't like the rules/regulation/policies/experience of a product or service, don't do business at that establishment. I use this same argument at least 3 or 4 times each year about pro-sports. People don't like the parking and ticket prices, don't like that a hot dog costs $6 or whatever it is. STOP GOING, STOP GIVING THEM MONEY. Imagine the message that could be sent if just for 1-home game, no one attended an Eagles or Giants or Jets (I think I covered them all) game in protest.

I agree, if you don't like a place or what they are doing, don't give them your business, however in the case with this range, they have taken a lot in input from the forum members here and have made changes where they could. This may be something that stays in place for now, however how accommodating they have been up to this point, I'd like to see what they do for next year. Hey they just opened, learning the game, and have so far hit the ball out of the park.

For the record, I feel all people serving the public show get a discount, not sure if one should be lower than the other, however if I was running the business and if the business could support the same real nice discount that LEO's get, I sure would do it. Remember one thing though, as a business owner you are there to make money, so if this is something that just doesn't work out on paper and they did it, they would have to make the money up someplace.

I agree, if you don't like a place or what they are doing, don't give them your business, however in the case with this range, they have taken a lot in input from the forum members here and have made changes where they could. This may be something that stays in place for now, however how accommodating they have been up to this point, I'd like to see what they do for next year. Hey they just opened, learning the game, and have so far hit the ball out of the park.

For the record, I feel all people serving the public show get a discount, not sure if one should be lower than the other, however if I was running the business and if the business could support the same real nice discount that LEO's get, I sure would do it. Remember one thing though, as a business owner you are there to make money, so if this is something that just doesn't work out on paper and they did it, they would have to make the money up someplace.

I agree this was a business decision, albeit a bad one. It just irks me when I see good people (volunteer Firefighters and EMTs) being treated like second class citizens. I find it particularly interesting that Randolph's fire and rescue squads are totally volunteer. They feel the paid police deserve or need the discount more than the volunteers who they expect to run into their burning building to save it do. I guess when you run anything fireams related in NJ you do whatever's necessary to stay on the cops good side.