magic7

RTSP Firearms

Once again RTSP gets a thumbs up from me. Arrived there at 2:30 this afternoon, bought an hour of range time and exited the range around 4:20. Apparently as long as there isn't a line of people waiting to use the range then no one is watching the clock. No unpleasant attitudes from either the person working the counter or the R.O.

Really? I went last week and bought an hour of range time. Exactly 60 minutes later they announced my time was up and even started tapping on the glass as I finished off the last mag that I had already loaded. I don't mind having to leave when my time is up but I think tapping on the glass literally 30 seconds after you announced my time was up was a bit much. When I walked outside I expect to see a line of people waiting and no one at all was waiting for a port.

I've never been there but was planning to go in the next couple weeks.

As I was looking at the website I came across the range forms. Am I the only one that raised an eyebrow over some of the questions? I mean ocupation, title, employer., are you a dope, alky, crazy???..I'm not applying for a FID, P2P or even to look to rent their pistols, for god's sake.

Yes, it's their place and they every right to run it as they see fit. I'm not arguying that.

I just found that strange. But then again, I don't get out much :)

I've never been there but was planning to go in the next couple weeks.

As I was looking at the website I came across the range forms. Am I the only one that raised an eyebrow over some of the questions? I mean ocupation, title, employer., are you a dope, alky, crazy???..I'm not applying for a FID, P2P or even to look to rent their pistols, for god's sake.

Yes, it's their place and they every right to run it as they see fit. I'm not arguying that.

I just found that strange. But then again, I don't get out much :)

I believe the form as well as their little safety video thingy are requirements of the insurance company. So, thank the lawyers, and sue happy society.

I've been there several times. Nice facility with state of the art ventilation and range equipment. Have to say that when I had questions on different guns it was as if they were doing me a favor. "Got a FID, leave it on the counter". Price of ammo is very expensive and the prices on the guns not competitive. Shoot there when I don't feel like driving to my home range.

Was thinking about going up there tomorrow with the wife (I've been once). They charge $25 for a Rifle port (ill be brining the AR, and a few hand guns), so is that $25 for the rifle port and can shoot handguns as well or are they going to charge $25 for the rifle and another $20 for the handguns?

Since ammo is hard to find these days (.223) I'm only going to bring a bit for the rifle so dont want to get stuck paying $45 for an hour on the port, and I have no intentions of buying it there as the last time i was there they were severely overpriced on ammo.

Thanks.

You pay 25 for the port and don't pay extra to shoot handgun it's exactly thesame port idk why they charge more....I believe it's $10 extra for each person you bring

They charge more because rifle ammo (.223 and above) tends to cause increased wear and tear on the backstop system.

are they price gouging or keeping things reasonable during our time of crisis?

They did their best to keep things reasonable. But then again, their entire stock was cleared out in about 3 days. Saturday/Sunday after the shooting, people just went in and bought or put deposits on stuff.

Just joined RTSP I went by this last Wednesday 12/25/12 at one in the afternoon and was told there is an hour wait. I'm hoping this is just because a lot of people had off from work! Does anyone know what "Priority on Range Time" means? Was planing on stoping there this afternoon. Do they take phoned reservations?

Ed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No they don't first come first serve on range time .

Thanks, going to try this afternoon, I'm not really interested in waiting around for an hour though. Will definitely have to reconsider whether its worth it at renewal time.

Ed

I was there today and waited about 45 mins.

Also, they had no long guns in stock except .22s.

I went about 3:30 and was told 2 hour wait. Think I just waisted 350 bucks.

Ed