Pistol Packing Mommy

9mm for small hands (thin grip)

Looking for a 9mm with thin grips. Possibly a single stack. My husband has PX4, 92FS Vertec and CZ 75BD (which I love). All but the CZ are to large a grip for me. I have a Buckmark .22 and Bersa Thunder .380. Would love to jump on the 9mm band wagon but having trouble finding my comfort level with the handling and grip of husband's 9mms. Looked into Springfield 1911 (too much money). Found some favorable reviews on the RIA 1911 9mm. HELP!

here is a few, if you could find them in store to feel grip. need to check mag capacity on models.. these should not break the bank and fit smaller hands.

I would lean towards the ruger sr9 and see how that feels in your hands..

taurus 909b and pt111

fn herstal fnp9

sig 239

walther p99

ruger sr9

ok, now that I am in front of the computer.

The slimmest guns I have shot/run across, are the Browning high power, and a 1911 in 9mm (STI Spartan, Springfield, Smith Wesson Pro Series, etc)

of lesser quality, Taurus 709, etc.

On a side note, wifey, of fairly small stature, prefers the grip of the baby eagle 45, and other CZ based guns.

+1 for the SIG with the E^2 grip. My lady recently tried one and she also has small hands and it fit very well. She also likes my S&W M&P9 with the small grip insert so take a look at those as well. You can have any shot that sells the M&P change the grip to the small one included in the box to try it out.

Walther PPS 9mm

Sigman has one and everyone loves the damn thing except me, go figure.

Yes - I have a PPS 9mm and it's one of my favorite 9mm's. It has a thin grip and comes with different backstraps to adjust the grip. It has been rock solid with 1500 rounds through it, no jams, easy to take down and clean, and makes an excellent CCW piece. Accuracy is excellent for a sub-compact. It's on the more expensive side, so that may keep it from getting much play. I think they're in the $625 ballpark, but it was worth it to me.

I second this.

Also Sig makes a single stack 9mm (P226 I think) which SHOULD have a smaller grip.

The Browning Hi Power is a good choice although a double stack. Has great ergonomics and is good for small hands expecially with grips like the VZ Slims.

There is/was no single stack P226. It has always been double stack and the grip is not for small hands IMHO. There was a German P220 9mm but it has not been made in a long time.

Thw Sig P239 is a single stack 9mm and a good choice. Same for the p228, p225, P6 although these are no longer made.

In 45 ACP the Sig P245 works but can be hard to find.

All are all metal pistols.

My choice would be the HP. Very, very reliable.

OK, thanks. That's (2) people who found the need to correct me. Let's get the 3rd out of the way now, so the OP can get back on track getting the info he/she wanted.

It sounds like the info was not received in the humorous spirit it was offered. Lighten up Francis.