hd2000fxdl

OBRPC Action Steel Saturday 11/12

Not 100% sure it is JJ, but close to it. I was going by the gun, pretty sure that is his "Razorcat".

Plus, for the last 3 yeas or so, he has often gotten squadded with the group of guys I usually go to the comps with. The stance, mechanical-like movement, reloads, and pre-shooting "ritual" just scream JJ to me. I may be wrong but whatever. Whoever it is is a hell of a shooter.

Just download that to you smart-phone and at the match this weekend as Leo who that was, he was RO'ing him.

This may be a tough question, how early should we be there. USPSA usually fills all the parking and goes into the Skeet Range. Is anyone expecting a Giant Turnout? I'm still trying to to get all this info straight. We do or do not need to pre-register like is prefered in OBCATS USPSA matches. We can shoot several different firearms as long as we pay for each class. Do they break up into squads or just go from Rack to rack? Any actual knowledge will help. Thanks.

Not sure what the turnout will be like but it does look like there are a few people from here that are going so add that to the normal count, and I would add some more people being it looks like nice weather, also add in a few more people being I think this is the last Action steel match of the year at OB.

I'll be there at least an hour early myself.

Does anyone know if you can shoot this match with a 22 pistol perhaps for no score? My GF loves to shoot static steel with me and shoots 22 pistol class quite well but isn't familiar or proficient with centerfire pistol or any of the other official categories as of yet. I think she'd really enjoy this match as a change over static steel but don't know how lenient they are with the classes or if 22 pistol is even sufficient for plate knockdown. Anyone have any idea?

Jon, wait till the new year and the next round of OBRAMS matches. It's USPSA with .22lr pistols/rifles. Great way to introduce her to the sport without the fear of recoil.

I'll second what Jon said, OBRAMS and Static Steel, just about the most fun you can have with a 22 Pistol. Also keep an eye out here there will be an OBRAMS introduction or something similar being talked about for the start OBRAMS in early Spring.

Also don't forget keep an eye on this sight for updates about steel matches over the winter.

Ok who is shooting what? I'm def shooting my shotgun. Possibly shooting the 9mm.

At this time I plan on shooting my CZ 75-TS .40S&W only at this time, but you never know that may change or depending on how many people show I might have a 9mm to shoot also.

Picked up my ammo at dicks. 4.98 a box of Rem gun club. 25 to a box.

IMG_20111110_174841.jpg

That's just a little bit more than I take with me when I go to Lehigh Valley.......

I usually have about 10 full cases of 12g #7 1/2 ready to go and 4 cases of 20g for my little gun........

My wife and I do a LOT of Trap and Sporting Clays shooting. :icon_mrgreen:

I haven't decided what handgun I will use Saturday, but the Saiga-12 will be with me for sure!

Maybe we can make a NJGF squad.........

Maybe we can make a NJGF squad.........

If your talking about this Saturday, that's the plan.

I'll be there early and I will be on a Grey 2006 Toyota Matrix or 2011 Red Mustang Convertible, or 2011 Grey Escape but I will be parked at the 50 yard range on the right side and I'll have my Black NJGF with of with probably some sort of flamed or biker broads on my long sleeved shirt on underneath.

Or one of the unfortunate folks from here who have meet me will point me out. :icon_mrgreen:

I will drive one of my little white S-10's. Those meets can get so crowded, my full-size truck is a hassle to manuever around there. I'll have some sort of racing stuff on (Drag Racing!)

Mike we figured you would zip on by with something like that on.

I sill like my:

Gas is for Cleaning Parts

Alcohol is for Drinking

Nitro is for Racing

Shirt, that or one of the AHDRA shirts someplace in the closet..