Kazaam

Looking for a good gun shop that has good prices

I looked through this section before looking for a good place to buy my first Fire arm... I looked into glocks, but one of my army buddies talked me into the berreta px4 storm. The only place I found in North Jersey was Ramsey outdoor and out the door it was going to run me close to a $900- $1000 and I was wondering if that was a little high, and if there was another place I could look into buying that gun.

Any help would be appreciated

900+ for a Px4? That's insane.

First, try the price request form on this forum:

http://www.njgunforums.com/index.php?option=com_ckforms&view=ckforms&id=1&Itemid=11

There aren't that many north Jersey vendors on it, but depending on the price quotes you get, it may be worth traveling a bit south to save some money.

Other than that, I use Action Shooter Supply in Haledon.

267 Haledon Ave, Haledon, NJ 07508

(973) 942-6464

Jim, the owner, is a good guy, and has always given me very good prices.

Back on a pc.

that price is rediculously high. You have great forum vendors here, and while they are entitlted to a reasonable profit, they are not as nuts as a $900 Beretta PX4 WOW.

Hackettstown Guns & Ammo

Jet Agent

Mastadon Ammo & Cammo

All are vendors here and will provide terrific service.

RTSP when they open will be yet another choice.

I bought my px4 for 525 plus tax and nics from a local shop by me about a year ago,and they are a vendor here. I will not say who just out of fairness to all vendors, I suggest strongly using price request, you will get a good idea as to who wants your business and what a good price is.

www.BudsGunShop.com They have good prices, check your local FFL's for transfer fees and do the math: is it cheaper to buy from your local or buy online and do the transfer? You can also TRY to haggle with the dealer, can't hurt.

www.BudsGunShop.com They have good prices, check your local FFL's for transfer fees and do the math: is it cheaper to buy from your local or buy online and do the transfer? You can also TRY to haggle with the dealer, can't hurt.

Honestly, F/Screw Buds Gun Shop. They are whats wrong with in the gun community.

What most don't know, Buds Gun Shop does not even take possession of the guns, they just charge you, then drop ship from the distributor. They just want the $5 they make on the gun and never deal with you again.

:icon_mrgreen:

• Like 1

Honestly, F/Screw Buds Gun Shop. They are whats wrong with in the gun community.

What most don't know, Buds Gun Shop does not even take possession of the guns, they just charge you, then drop ship from the distributor. They just want the $5 they make on the gun and never deal with you again.

pretty big statement but assured i assume? i have bought 85% of my weapons from budsgunshop prices are unbeatable by most dealers.. but i do find that lucianos sport shop in lodi has pretty damn great prices and they treat you very very well from the time you walk in to the time you walk out and you can almost barter prices with them.. i used to buy from caso's and i knew they were overpriced but also have nice people but when i spent 1700.00 and still had to pay for a overpriced gun sock i knew they werent for me anymore.

• Like 1

I've never had anything but GOOD experiences with Buds. My only complaint is that they wait a few days to ship.

There was a notice from the factory less than a year ago about them lowering prices on the Storm. You should be able to get a standard one for less than $500 (before NICS and transfer).

There is one Beretta Storm Px4 that is around $1000. That is the Special Duty. Is it possible that is what you were looking at?

http://www.berettausa.com/products/px4-f45acpspecial-duty-1-9rd-and-2-10rd-mag/

JXF45SD.jpg

I've never had anything but GOOD experiences with Buds. My only complaint is that they wait a few days to ship.

Chris, Buds is not a stocking dealer for most items. Buds takes your money then has a distributor send the gun to your dealer.

Thanks for all the help guys, I guess I should have been a little more clear, after all the taxes and fees the gun was going to cost be around $900 to $1000... After I did the quick calculation in my head I felt that was way over priced so I have not been back since.

I am going to put in for the price request, and I will let you guys know how happy I am with a new gun when I get it.

Thanks again

Personally, I don't care if they take posession or drop ship, I care about service and price. If my local shops dont have something in stock and are going to charge me significantly more then buds, I go to buds. I also check gunbroker and call around to the other gun shops near by to see if they have what I'm looking for.

I have spent much more then I should have by not looking around and have saved hundreds by shopping around.

JMHO.

Maks.

I understand the logistics of dealers like Bud's and CTD, but the availability,price and in some cases,service is better there than some local dealers. I am in the process of sourcing a gun that is very popular now and have contacted my FFL, gun shop and used the gun finder on this forum to little or no avail, but was able to find the very same firearm for a very reasonable price,in stock for immediate and free delivery. I sympathize with the small dealers .gun shops and their profit margins but in this economic climate.. every dollar counts.

I feel I must preface that statement with the sentiment that I go out of my way to patronize small businesses as a I am in that category myself, but the bottom line remains as such.

Thanks for all the help guys, I guess I should have been a little more clear, after all the taxes and fees the gun was going to cost be around $900 to $1000... After I did the quick calculation in my head I felt that was way over priced so I have not been back since.

I am going to put in for the price request, and I will let you guys know how happy I am with a new gun when I get it.

Thanks again

Stop in to the shop or call...BEFORE YOU BUY ANYWHERE give us the last look....you *may* be surprised.....

Thanks

Nick

I looked through this section before looking for a good place to buy my first Fire arm... I looked into glocks, but one of my army buddies talked me into the berreta px4 storm. The only place I found in North Jersey was Ramsey outdoor and out the door it was going to run me close to a $900- $1000 and I was wondering if that was a little high, and if there was another place I could look into buying that gun.

Stop by or call us at Mastodon. We will give you the best available pricing.

It is beneficial to keep our local shops in business. But I have to tell you, when you know what you want, the ones I have dealt with really don't seem that interested in getting something in for me when they don't have it in stock. And, if they do, they will make you pay for it. In many cases, it seems that it actually would be better to buy online and have it shipped because of this. When I spend a lot of money in a local shop and I find something I want that is not in stock and the guy doesn't seem to be that interested in getting it for me (perhaps he would not make that much on the deal? Maybe he things its not worth his time, etc.? ), he is sadly mistaken, because I am less likely to go back there and support him. Additionally, when he cannot get it, but would PREFER I bought something in stock, and when I find it and have it sent, I don't want to be gouged. Just recently, a dealer couldn't get it or didn't want to bother and when I asked about having one I found shipped, he wanted $40and NICS and tax on top of that. I know there are others cheaper, locally, that would do it for me. But that is not the point. I have already contributed to his bottom line on a number of occasions and he should accomodate me. The item is already with tax and shipping and NICs going to be $100 above its price.