reloaderguy

National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act Scheduled for House Floor Vote on Tuesday-HR822

Every time I see that I think it's some skit of a comedy show, I really have no idea how he responded with first not laughing his a** off, but I keep expecting a question back like, Did you really just ask me if the island will tip over??

Oh Nick, you better watch out, where you work, it's an island, you think you could call out scared that you saw too many people getting on the train one day and you were worried?:icon_mrgreen:

he's dumber than wood and he has the power, it's mind boggling

Dude, that was in my head as I was typing. I am still singing it.

Next we will have Dan puting in conjunction junction...

It's amazing how well those Schoolhouse rock stuck. I too hear that little tune whenever I think about the legislative process.

Anyone who was a kid in the mid 70s saw "I'm just a bill" at least once a weekend on the Saturday morning cartoons.

Now, if I turn on cartoons anytime, it just seems like everyone is always screaming for some reason. "Oh no, we're out of ketchup" "AAAAAHHHH", our favorite program is delayed 30 seconds "AAAAAAHHHHH". ETC. It no wonder millenials are all screwed up, cartoons have taught them that every slight, every minor inconvenience is worthy of screaming your head off.

After a bill passes the House it goes to the Senate. I am surprised people do not know this.

well I neither grew up here nor lived here until 2001. I'm one of those rare LEGAL immigrants.

Thanks for the info. I understand perfectly.

G

well I neither grew up here nor lived here until 2001. I'm one of those rare LEGAL immigrants.

G

well we can't have that now. Go back and try it again. How dare you follow the law.

Sadly though, we do have Natural Born Citizens who do not know the process.

I wrote my congressman, in this case Chris Smith, urging him to support H.R. 822. He voted "yes". I sent a follow up letter thanking him for his support. I think the follow up is just as important as the request. Congress is flooded with requests. Thank yous are rare and most appreciated. No matter how your congressman voted let them know how you feel about it.

• Like 2

I wrote my congressman, in this case Chris Smith, urging him to support H.R. 822. He voted "yes". I sent a follow up letter thanking him for his support. I think the follow up is just as important as the request. Congress is flooded with requests. Thank yous are rare and most appreciated. No matter how your congressman voted let them know how you feel about it.

Now ask him to also support HR 2900

Here is a GOA Action Alert, something Everyone on this forum should be signed up for.

HR 2900

Although this legislation won't really help us much in NJ, it gives me great joy to watch Lautenberg, McCarthy, Schumer, etc. squirm in their seats. If this passes the Senate and survives an Obama veto it will also provide many hours of entertainment as 2/3 of the NJ legislature starts foaming at the mouth and has a massive collective stroke. It will also be quite interesting to see what stance, if any, our porcine governor and his new AG take on this. Will there really be an effort to repeal CCW in NJ altogether and deny retired LEOs the privilege they've come to enjoy? If not that, I most definitely could see the AG's office issuing a directive to state and local law enforcement to the effect that anyone found with an out of state CCW permit must be taken in and detained until such time as the validity of that permit can be determined. I understand that only 12 states or so participate in a program whereby an LEO can check a computerized database to confirm the validity of a CCW permit. I have no doubt that law enforcement in NJ will give anyone with an out of state CCW who comes into this state a very, very hard time notwithstanding the new law.

Although this legislation won't really help us much in NJ, it gives me great joy to watch Lautenberg, McCarthy, Schumer, etc. squirm in their seats. If this passes the Senate and survives an Obama veto it will also provide many hours of entertainment as 2/3 of the NJ legislature starts foaming at the mouth and has a massive collective stroke. It will also be quite interesting to see what stance, if any, our porcine governor and his new AG take on this. Will there really be an effort to repeal CCW in NJ altogether and deny retired LEOs the privilege they've come to enjoy? If not that, I most definitely could see the AG's office issuing a directive to state and local law enforcement to the effect that anyone found with an out of state CCW permit must be taken in and detained until such time as the validity of that permit can be determined. I understand that only 12 states or so participate in a program whereby an LEO can check a computerized database to confirm the validity of a CCW permit. I have no doubt that law enforcement in NJ will give anyone with an out of state CCW who comes into this state a very, very hard time notwithstanding the new law.

OK....But, if HR822 becomes law, I agree NJSP will not be happy....and at first they may try strong arm tactics. But that will cause more and more national attention....you can't arrest every pot smoker at a concert. New Jersey already looks bad and harassing people over the long term won't help the image. I don't think the legislature can go to "non-issue" in today's national picture....that also will look very bad. What happens when out of state carry reality causes a drop in crime across the state?

Part of text from HR822: "Conduct a study of the ability of State and local law enforcement authorities to verify the validity of licenses or permits, issued by other States, to carry a concealed firearm."

Wait, I thought it was illegal to do this to "illegal aliens"!!!!????? But they can do this to law abiding citizens? Am I reading this wrong?

Thanks, Wildbob, I just did the same...

OK....But, if HR822 becomes law, I agree NJSP will not be happy....and at first they may try strong arm tactics. But that will cause more and more national attention....you can't arrest every pot smoker at a concert. New Jersey already looks bad and harassing people over the long term won't help the image. I don't think the legislature can go to "non-issue" in today's national picture....that also will look very bad. What happens when out of state carry reality causes a drop in crime across the state?

Don’t underestimate the stupidity and pandering of Politicians. If they think they could get mileage out of it they will go "non-issue”. I have a slightly different view on this, the state is broke and they could make a ton of money on this if they revamped the law and went to “shall issue” but the Gov (the closet liberal) and the Dems will probably never let it happen...

Hang on - don't be so quick jump on the NJSP being at-issue. I've found quite the opposite outlook having had to deal with them for difficulties with my local PD for permits and several multiple transfer exemptions. I also RSO at 3 ranges where NJSP officers frequent and have engaged the topic of our purchase system and concealed carry and always find them to be PRO for doing away with the current purchase system and follow with majority of States and offering a realistically obtainable CCW with proper training. Now the local LEOs and State government, well...

I agree that the problem isn't NJSP and probably not local law enforcement either, for the most part. The tone comes from the top -- the AG's office directly, and indirectly the governor. Even with a Democratic lock on the legislature, Christie, via his AG, could do a lot more to make life easier for law abiding gun owners in NJ. Don't forget that Alabama is also technically a "may issue" state, but in that state permits are almost always granted to law abiding citizens. For example, our AG could issue a directive and/or build into the administrative code guidance that "justifiable need" includes self defense without having to show an actual and immediate threat. Many local police chiefs would likely follow such a directive and the state police almost certainly would. Granted, you'd still have to get approved by a judge, but I'm guessing that with clear guidance from the AG and a stamp of approval from Trenton, or maybe with a bit of pressure from Trenton, many judges would feel compelled to start granting more CCW permits. Seems to me that although our legislature is a lost cause, trying to make progress at the state executive level could help us IF (and that's a big if) the big boy in the state house would cooperate.

They'll make sure it is NOT reported on the MSM and their outlets.

After a bill passes the House it goes to the Senate. I am surprised people do not know this.

CIVICS 101............................ :icon_rolleyes:

So did I.

It's not the guns they will be looking for, it's the HP's and the mags over 15 rounds.