crazyboy

Found English Pointer

Good evening all, I found a female EP this evening at Colliers Mills. She came running up to me near the dog training area/power lines, she drank a full bottle of water and stayed with me. I brought her home and she wolfed down a bowl of food. She is black & white, looks to be roughly 8-10 years old if I had to guess. She had no tags on her, only a green ecollar collar minus the ecollar unit. If this is your dog please contact me.

• Like 1

My suggestion is to make a post on NJHunter - I would bet someone will know the owner!

Never mind - you did already.

Thanks, did that before I came here :D. Figured the more exposure the better. The fact its older and had no tags worries me though. :icon_e_sad:

post a sighn up at colliers mills for the owner..if you want pm me your phone # and i can give it to my brother he can leave it at the office in colliers mills that you found the dog..

Yea, I'm planning on heading back out there. My number is 732-966-5734. Thanks.

I hate to say it but I think she was dumped by a scumb*ag.

I've found dogs, sometimes old and crippled and once a few puppies while surveying in the Garden State.

Sometimes its a skeleton so far off a road that you know they weren't hit by a car but were abandoned pets.

I'm amazed how cruel people can be to an animal.

Sorry for venting, but anyone who lost a hunting dog would have come forward by now.

You don't get back in your truck wondering where your dog went.

I hate to say it but I think she was dumped by a scumb*ag.

I've found dogs, sometimes old and crippled and once a few puppies while surveying in the Garden State.

Sometimes its a skeleton so far off a road that you know they weren't hit by a car but were abandoned pets.

I'm amazed how cruel people can be to an animal.

Sorry for venting, but anyone who lost a hunting dog would have come forward by now.

You don't get back in your truck wondering where your dog went.

i agree, but you try not to think that at first.

by looking at her she appears to have been missing before the start of the season..

Has she put on any weight since you had her in your possesion?

That was one of my ideas, but I also have the idea that she was mistreated and then left on the opener. It was late in the day and I'd like to think someone else would've scooped her up if she had been there all day.

Hey if you pm me the details, I will put something up at the local wawa. Since Colliers is so close to me..may be somebodies dog.

Sorry Bry - I think she was dumped. My shelter pointer was found tied to the shelter fence and was skinnier than the one posted in these photos.

Tony, forgot to mention she appears to have put on weight already visibly. She is also acting much better and happier, shes headed to the vet tomorrow to get checked out. I have spoke to fish and game, pd, and the local shelters and no one had reports of a missing dog. I know that would be the first place I would call if I lost mine. Either way I left all of them my info. I hate to see animals like this. :icon_neutral:

Tony, forgot to mention she appears to have put on weight already visibly. She is also acting much better and happier, shes headed to the vet tomorrow to get checked out. I have spoke to fish and game, pd, and the local shelters and no one had reports of a missing dog. I know that would be the first place I would call if I lost mine. Either way I left all of them my info. I hate to see animals like this. :icon_neutral:

All she needs is a name.

That will teach you to smile at strange dogs at Colliers Mills. ; )

It sounds like you are not going to find an owner to claim her at this point. I think you have a new dog. Good for you on rescuing her. :)

Do you want to keep her or give her away? Do you think she can/will catch and kill cats and skunks? She seems pretty damn old and beat up. The kind of dog that will kick a** as a pet but cost a lot of vet money and then die in a year or two.

All she needs is a name.

That will teach you to smile at strange dogs at Colliers Mills. ; )

Been calling her Molly.

It sounds like you are not going to find an owner to claim her at this point. I think you have a new dog. Good for you on rescuing her. :)

Do you want to keep her or give her away? Do you think she can/will catch and kill cats and skunks? She seems pretty damn old and beat up. The kind of dog that will kick a** as a pet but cost a lot of vet money and then die in a year or two.

Unsure, may have a family member interested in a pet if I don't find anyone. Think I need to let time play it out. I'm afraid of that happening with her being an older dog.

I will never understand how someone can hurt a defenseless animal. They don't deserve to breathe.

My last two cats were both shelter cats. They are were 2+yrs of age one with a bad eye and the other liked to bite. I told the lady while filling out the paperwork how he "bit" me. I told her I was taking him because of that and would train him not to bite. He is a 13 lb big boy and he could bite down on my index finger and not leave a mark. He now rarely bites and is a bigger marshmallow.

• Like 1