aguilar64

H.R. 822 Live on c-span at 12:00 (11/15/2011)

Thank you very much for posting this! I turned on the tv and watched it for a while and it appears like it passed! I am curious though does this concealed weapons bill allow you to cross borders only if I hold a permit in NJ? I have a Utah Concealed weapons permit does this mean I could not carry in NJ since this is this state I live in but when I carry in other states under the Utah permit to cross borders?

Glad I got a PA Resident permit at the ready.. I think you need a home-state permit to carry in other states per this BILL.. but again.. who knows..

I just want to know if I can carry in NJ :sarcastichand: with it..

Apparently the rules are approved.

-------

House approves rule for concealed weapons bill

By Pete Kasperowicz - 11/15/11 03:22 PM ET

The House on Tuesday approved the rule for legislation that would require states to recognize each other's concealed weapons permits.

Members approved the bill in a 271-153 vote in which 35 Democrats voted with every Republican.

The House moved immediately to special order speeches, and will take up debate on the concealed weapons bill, H.R. 822, and various amendments, later in the week.

So can I carry??:8):

Short answer is no,

Glad I got a PA Resident permit at the ready.. I think you need a home-state permit to carry in other states per this BILL.. but again.. who knows..

I just want to know if I can carry in NJ :sarcastichand: with it..

No you cant carry in jersey if you live here most of the year regardless of what permits you have, your home state needs to be a state that will issue you a carry permit.

This law basically gives people that live in the "good" states the right to go through or work in jersey without fear of going to jail for 7 years if they are carrying. However jersey is still tricky because gun zones aren't really set up, no one really gets a carry permit unless its job related here. So going into target department store with your gun is a risk,although you may be allowed to carry in the state you don't know if target has a law against carrying in their stores. Restaurants may be taking up the same no gun rules however they never had to post it in their windows since pretty much no one gets to carry a gun.

Short answer is no,

No you cant carry in jersey if you live here most of the year regardless of what permits you have, your home state needs to be a state that will issue you a carry permit.

This law basically gives people that live in the "good" states the right to go through or work in jersey without fear of going to jail for 7 years if they are carrying. However jersey is still tricky because gun zones aren't really set up, no one really gets a carry permit unless its job related here. So going into target department store with your gun is a risk,although you may be allowed to carry in the state you don't know if target has a law against carrying in their stores. Restaurants may be taking up the same no gun rules however they never had to post it in their windows since pretty much no one gets to carry a gun.

I reside in PA. (Live in PA).