imperialfish

House Approves Concealed Firearm Permit Bill

This may have been addressed before, but if they pass a national reciprocity agreement will states like Florida stop issuing nonresident permits? Because I guess they wouldn't really need them any more except for the unreasonable states?

I doubt it.. people travel to and from FL all the time.. that is the actual intention of your FL permit.. FL acknowledges your right to defend yourself.. so they issue people permits who do not live there so that they can carry while there.. reciprocity is just a bonus..

Being my schedule next year I will be taking the 16th till the end of the month next year, I can officially move to the house in AZ and commute to work, I would more than satisfy the number of days living out there when I include an additional 6 weeks of vacation on top of my days off, Weather would be nicer year round, could maintain a tan, could get to ride my bike in warmer weather in the winter rather than just freezing my butt off in the winter here, and I would be able to carry when I am visiting NJ for work for the remaining 155 days a year I would be here. :icon_mrgreen:

No NY carry with a FL CWL. NY does not recognize FL or any other state's permits.

Lots of good info here: http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that the point of this whole bill? Under this bill you would be able to carry everywhere but Illinois or Washington DC

• Like 1

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that the point of this whole bill? Under this bill you would be able to carry everywhere but Illinois or Washington DC

This is the impression I am under. Since NY issues a permit, the only places that dont being Illinois and D.C., it would have to honor out of state permits as well. It would be up to the gun owner to comply with the specific NY laws in terms of magazine capacity, just like they would in visiting another state.

Yes. I know Donald Trump and Howard Stern both have them. But then again, their lives are much more valuable than yours. At least that is what local goverment seems to believe.....

Well, i'm sure they both have surmounting evidence of hate mail and death threats.

No NY carry with a FL CWL. NY does not recognize FL or any other state's permits.

Lots of good info here: http://www.usacarry....ocity_maps.html

The comment was made if HR 822 passes, so you as NJ resident with a FL CCW would be able to carry in NY, hence the name of the thread..

Does NYC grant CCW permits?

NYC is not NO issue so you have to assume they are a MAY issue and for that matter, when did NYC become a state, they may have some different rules in the city vs the state but NY is NY and unless they do something like Cook county in IL, it won't matter.

I still have my updated ccw card from virginia from when i was in the military; my mother lives there so every 5 years i just go visit and update my card im guessing that will work for me?

Yes it will.. Nice

Yes it will.. Nice

Maybe not..

People who are unable to get a permit in their home state would not be able to carry a concealed weapon in their home state by getting a permit in another state. A state's ban on carrying concealed weapons in places such as bars, sporting events or state parks would apply to nonresidents as well as residents.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/11/16/house-to-vote-on-concealed-firearm-permit-bill/?test=latestnews#ixzz1e4bqTqnn

Idk have to wait and see.. what happens..