diamondd817

Tommy Gun -- NJ Legal?

Yes it's legal. I had one in my hand at Meltzer's in Garfield over the summer. The one I held had a stick mag not the drum.

BTW that sucker is heavy at about 12 pounds. Good luck its a fun gun.

Yeah, if anything its just about bragging rights. Yes, I have a "Tommy Gun".

I never saw one in person. I wonder if Meltzer's still has it.

it has the cool factor !!

The drum sucks,, you need a tool to remove it from the gun I think its called a 3rd hand.

My 1st time out with it, my massive 10 round drum popped all the spot welds after 8 rounds .

The chicks dig it out off all my guns the Tommy has been in the most pictures at the range.

For the price it should have gotten my laid :)

I guess we found the price for nostalgia. A crappy carbine/rifle for $1200.

I played with one a year or so ago and it did not seem all that bad, yet not all that refined. It had the drum welded to 15 rounds. How much are the 10 round mags?

RE: Meltzer's. Hell that thing was gone in a week. Maybe they could order one for you. They are great down there. Or better yet, check with the dealers on the forum and see if anyone could get you a deal on one. I got to play with it and it's worth the money just for the cool factor. Hey, at least it's not TACTICAL!

Wow thats pricey. I think I got my M1 model for $700 new like 6 years ago off Gunbroker. They are pretty decent but you have to make sure the mags are fitted to the notch correctly,stick mags have extra powered springs,and mine would only work relaibly with wolf steel cased ammo. I did have a problem of my barrel coming loose on mine(warrantied and repaired) and the rear sight screws needed red loctitie.

Rays used to sell them during the AWB. The one thing you need that might not be there, and wasn't potentially ambiguous form sellers back then, is the comp needs to be permanently attached. 

FYI, Rays back then had stick 10 rounders and drum 10 rounders. They were just blocked off weirdly inside and mostly dead space. 

http://www.auto-ordnance.com/long-gun-magazines/thompson-t12bkt-10-round-drum-magazine-qtmt12bkt.asp