Cemeterys Gun Blob

Bryan Miller nervous of National CCW

Looks like anti gunner Bryan Miller of CeasefireNJ is getting his knickers in a twist;

My understanding is that our side is two votes short of enough votes to keep that from happening

So what's he and his cohorts gonna do? Well;

I’m one of those who is working as hard as I can to get [PA] Sen. [Robert] Casey to vote the right way. In fact, later today, I’ll be with a group that’s meeting with his staff, with a letter signed by 100 faith leaders from the Philadelphia area urging him to oppose the bill

So Miller is resorting to attempted Lobbying.

http://www.nj.com/times-opinion/index.ssf/2011/11/amick_gun_laws_in_the_garden_s.html

Anyway, if anybody wishes to contact Sen Bob Casey, and ask him to support HR 822, just as a way to make Bryan Miller cry, you can contact Sen Casey here;

http://casey.senate.gov/contact/

And in the event, that anybody doesn't know who Bryan Miller and CeasefireNJ is, he is the one man band that has the NJ Government wrapped around his finger with regards to anti gun laws.

Here's the message I just sent to him. No idea if it's any good, wrote it in a jiffy:

Dear Senator,

I am a resident of the state of New Jersey, and I have recently come to know that Bryam Miller of CeasefireNJ if attempting to urge you into opposing HR 822. I do not agree with this man's intentions, and I urge you not to be swayed by his emotional game.

Simply put, there is nothing inherently dangerous about this bill. Allowing law abiding citizens to protect themselves wherever they may go is something that should never have to have been written into law in the first place. Just because these CCW holders are in another state does not mean that they will become cold blooded murderers and start shoot outs in the streets once they cross state lines, or have the FBI statistics about CCW holders from the past few years been complete fabrications?

There is also the matter of "states' rights" that Mr. Miller may choose to come to you with. I may just be a citizen, but from my base understanding of the law, the constitution applies to the states as well as the federal government, which means that the states may not pick and choose which parts of it they wish to follow. This has never been a matter of states' rights; the individual rights of the citizens has always been the core of the issue. So please, Senator Casey, do not listen to this man and his vocal minority. There is no danger in this law; the only danger lies within listening to the fear-mongering this man has to offer and allowing ourselves and our legislature to be ruled by it.

Sincerely,

Marcus Ramirez