djg0770

Just wondering how much you pay...

121 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you pay in real estate taxes in NJ?

• I rent so I don't know
    • 2000-3000
    • 3001-4000
    • 4001-5000
    • 5001-6000
    • 6001-7000
    • 7001-8000
    • 8001-9000
    • 9001-10,000
    • 10,001-12,000
    • 12,001-14,000
    • Over 14k

So, in another post winki I think mentioned how high his taxes are in NJ. Some of our NJGF members may still live at home, furthermore, some may rent and not realize how much of their rent is actually property tax that the Apartment Complex owner pays. Care to share with the group in an anonymous poll how much you pay in property tax?

I am now just a little over 6000.00. The kicker is we have lost a lot of town services, no garbage pickup, no sewers, the town does not maintain our roads or plow them, so we really aren't sure what our money goes towards other that schools and the rest of the town road needs.

I wanna know who that guy is that's paying between $2,000-$3,000 :icon_evil:

I am one. South River is pretty reasonable for us cheap guys with the 100+ year old houses and no land! :icon_mrgreen:

My parents in Millstone Twp where I grew-up, well, that is a whole 'nother story............. I couldn't afford to live there, that is why I left and came here.

Just for the record:

Taxes are over 11k.

Garbage is picked up twice a week and is "included".

I have brush and grass pickup once a week from mid March through first week in January (to collect Christmas Trees)

Water and Sewer are NOT included.

Fire and EMS are volunteer.

Virtually none of our kids in town are bussed to school.

Just for the record:

Taxes are over 11k.

Garbage is picked up twice a week and is "included".

I have brush and grass pickup once a week from mid March through first week in January (to collect Christmas Trees)

Water and Sewer are NOT included.

Fire and EMS are volunteer.

Virtually none of our kids in town are bussed to school.

Almost identical to me cept I'm just shy of 12k & fire isn't volunteer (altho they have volunteers). Taxes were just over 9k when I moved here about 3.5 years ago. And the value of our house (according to Zillow, so take that for what it's worth) has dropped about $50k since we bought it. Bleh.

That guy paying 2000-3000 is me, Retirement home!!! They see me walking in and out with weapons. So nobody asks me to help them!!! I had to wait until I turned 55. Silver ridge in bayville. LIFE IS GREAT!!!!

My last house on 2.5 acres , 2700 sq ft in the woods of Bamber Lake , Forked River. 6400 with barely a PD. 1.5 hours response for shots fired!!!

$3200.....

Condo.... 950 sqft

Dont own a stick of grass....

No kids in schools...

Volunteer FD and EMS...

Sewer not included..... and a sewer assessment on top of that each year...

Another $2800/yr in Maintainence Fees from Condo complex to pay for Garbage, Plowing, and of course other things...

What pisses me off is I pay for a school that I don't use. I send to private. My police can't even call me back about a gun permit. And here is the kicker. They needed to raise taxes but they are building a brand new theater for the high school with surplus money.

Oh and in public school you don't qualify for any tudoring or after school help if you aren't on welfare. You can't even pay extra you just get a no.

I am about 12k. Plus another 400 and sewer to the county. I do have full time lelo and fire ems. I will also say the schools in cherry hill are excellent. That being said my last house in atlantthe na with the schools were just as good my taxes for 1500 dollars a year. Yes I am still bitter