djg0770

Just wondering how much you pay...

121 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you pay in real estate taxes in NJ?

• I rent so I don't know
    • 2000-3000
    • 3001-4000
    • 4001-5000
    • 5001-6000
    • 6001-7000
    • 7001-8000
    • 8001-9000
    • 9001-10,000
    • 10,001-12,000
    • 12,001-14,000
    • Over 14k

My taxes right now are about $6800. My taxes were just over $8100 until I had them assessed again last year.

I pay for my own garbage and recycling. I have a well, so I don't pay for water or sewer.

The entire township's kids are bussed to school.

Fire/ ems are volunteer

I don't have grass or leaf p/u at all. There is a section where you can recycle trees up to 4 inches I think.

The town is primarily republican and is pretty good on P2P and FID's.

My taxes right now are about $6800. My taxes were just over $8100 until I had them assessed again last year.

I pay for my own garbage and recycling. I have a well, so I don't pay for water or sewer.

The entire township's kids are bussed to school.

Fire/ ems are volunteer

I don't have grass or leaf p/u at all. There is a section where you can recycle trees up to 4 inches I think.

The town is primarily republican and is pretty good on P2P and FID's.

Too bad you're kinda in the middle of nowhere :)

$1500 a year and that was with a $300 surcharge for supporting Grady Hospital in south Atlanta a year.

Granted I paid $30 for trash a month.... and I had to bag my leaves. And I got less then stellar snow plowing...

This is why people will eventually move out of NJ and the surrounding areas permanently. I really don't need a town library on top of a county library, a county sheriff (ahem - really the Paterson Auxiliary Police IMO) etc. There is an inordinate amount of duplication of services in this state - of which the only reason seems to be to either make work or line some politicians pockets.

We have two high schools in town, they're about 5 miles apart - of course we must have principals, vice principals, counselors, nurses, teachers etc double for the whole shooting match... :facepalm:

This crap needs to end and will be the impetus for the next revolution whether the state government wants to acknowledge it or not. Christie made a claim in the media (I'm no fan of his) that the Abbott districts get 70% of the money the state gives to schools - he was off by a little according to a report in one of the mainstream media state papers - they get 60%. There are 31 Abbott districts in the state. FYI, there are 590 "operating" school districts in NJ (source http://www.nj.gov/education/data/fact.htm) 5.25% of the school districts are receiving 60% of the money. We've dumped enough money down these rabbit holes and the only thing we keep getting is more rabbits. This shyt has to stop. 50 to 60% of your tax bill is JUST for education.

Under $3,000, 1310 sq ft, 2br, 2 b, gar, 55x110 lot. Does not include Water & Sewers. HOF of $29.00mo. included driveway plowing, grass cutting, pool, tennis, billiards, etc.

Left Somerset County (SBB) 5 years ago, was over $5,000 for 900 sq ft, 2br, 1b, no gar, 70x120 lot including garbage & sewer.

About 1,700 sq ft. on a 50 X 105 lot in Hawthorne. Just crested $7K this year... up about $800 since I bought the place in Nov 2010. Not really too bad for the border of Bergen Cty/Glen Rock.

Garbage/recycling/leaves included once a week. (They don't do leaves from like Feb to March or something but I only have 2 small tress, so I don't pay attention.) Got some nice town amenities (town pool, park, dog run). But... I'll save my commentary on efficiency for when I get my FID (50+ days right now).

Update: Got my FID and 1 P2P today. 52 days. Pretty efficient. I expected much closer to year end, if not next year.