glenhunter

conceled carry permit

I own a handgun bought legally in Florida many years ago. Since then I moved back to N.J. and recently started firing the handgun at my range. What would be the process for getting a conceled carry permit. I already possess a FID card and am a hunter. Thanks in advance.

gh

What they all said. NJ says it is "may issue" for CCW, but it took one guy getting kidnapped twice and having the living crap beaten out of him to get one, and even then, they only gave it to him to get him out of a lawsuit he was in against the state of NJ for its CCW laws.

What they all said. NJ says it is "may issue" for CCW, but it took one guy getting kidnapped twice and having the living crap beaten out of him to get one, and even then, they only gave it to him to get him out of a lawsuit he was in against the state of NJ for its CCW laws.

It's funny when I read that for some reason. I think it's so preposterous that it would never seem real in a million years, yet it's the doggone truth.

I own a handgun bought legally in Florida many years ago. Since then I moved back to N.J. and recently started firing the handgun at my range. What would be the process for getting a conceled carry permit. I already possess a FID card and am a hunter. Thanks in advance.

gh

I'm sure you meet every other requirements in the statutes, however, You just have to find a "justifable need" as stated in the statutes...and NO, "self-defense" is not justifiable. "I fear for my life" is also not valid, unless there's a specific threat against you. Even then, it might not be good enough depending on which judge hears the case and what he considers justifiable.It's easier for you to move to another state and hope HR822 passes to be able to carry here in New Jersey. Better yet, try to become a police officer in this state or any other state. you'll have free reign in the whole country.

Become a cop, other then that your out of luck in NJ for CCW.

gh

Become a cop, other then that your out of luck in NJ for CCW.

Or a politician, political appointee, Democratic fundraiser, friend with someone who is. Otherwise - fuggedaboutit!

What they all said. NJ says it is "may not issue" for CCW, but it took one guy getting kidnapped twice and having the living crap beaten out of him to get one, and even then, they only gave it to him to get him out of a lawsuit he was in against the state of NJ for its CCW laws.

Fixed that for you!

What they all said. NJ says it is "WILL not issue" for CCW, but it took one guy getting kidnapped twice and having the living crap beaten out of him to get one, and even then, they only gave it to him to get him out of a lawsuit he was in against the state of NJ for its CCW laws.

Fixed that for you!

Fixed it for you!

step 3. open the box??????

HAHAHAHA. I see what you did there!

To the OP... Seriously, if you moved to Jersey for work, consider living in PA and commuting, if that's an option. Its a personal choice and just a matter of how important CCW is to you.

HAHAHAHA. I see what you did there!

To the OP... Seriously, if you moved to Jersey for work, consider living in PA and commuting, if that's an option. Its a personal choice and just a matter of how important CCW is to you.

A Florida non-resident lets you CCW in PA if you live in NJ. You can't CCW in NJ regardless where you live.

A Florida non-resident lets you CCW in PA if you live in NJ. You can't CCW in NJ regardless where you live.

True, but if HR822 passes and he lives in PA and has a PA License to carry he would be able to carry in NJ, that's if NJ doesn't change anything and HR822 passes..

You can if you are a Constable.

I wouldn't expect NJ Cops to honor or understand it, but I also wouldn't expect them to find out about it. NJ Cops don't have "gun detectors." They find guns because you open your mouth or you use the gun. Or you get into a freak accident. In those cases, a Constable would be found in the right in the end.

Everybody on this board could carry a gun in NJ for the rest of their lives and only one or two would be caught if they were discrete (but please don't do it).

When it comes to shitty, confrontational places, restrict yourself no further than the law requires, but be discrete.

Will getting denied a carry permit negatively affect the chances of getting pistol permits/fid as well?

I'd imagine you'd have to have your FID prior to even applying for a CCW, but that is just my assumption, anybody actually seen the paperwork?

I'd imagine you'd have to have your FID prior to even applying for a CCW, but that is just my assumption, anybody actually seen the paperwork?

it's not too bad. The one thing that I saw which made me reconsider was the "employer's letter of justification" or something to that effect. It might be one of those town requirements as opposed to what's actually written in the law books.

it's not too bad. The one thing that I saw which made me reconsider was the "employer's letter of justification" or something to that effect. It might be one of those town requirements as opposed to what's actually written in the law books.

That's only there because that is the only way you can get one. If your employer requires you to carry on the job (armored guard) you will be approved. Otherwise, denied.

Similar to an Auxiliary Police Officer - the "position" is pretty much defunct when the establishment figured out that people wanted to be Constables just so they could CCW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constable

Any internet courses around to become a LEO or Constable? Maybe the University of Phoenix.

Similar to an Auxiliary Police Officer - the "position" is pretty much defunct when the establishment figured out that people wanted to be Constables just so they could CCW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constable

PA still has constables...they are officers of the courts. Serve papers and such. Does that count towards your idea? Or is it just NJ Constables?

Box 15 asks for the FID #...IF you have one.

http://www.nj.gov/nj...arms/sp-642.pdf

Will getting denied a carry permit negatively affect the chances of getting pistol permits/fid as well?

However, every time you apply for a CCW in another state a NICS check or what ever, you'll have to list it on your your form WHY you were denied a permit and you'll have to explain why, as well. This could delay getting out of state CCW's, back ground checks, etc for the rest of your life.