BCeagle

Weapon lights that wont break the bank

anybody seen/used this: http://www.amazon.co..._pr_product_top

this will be my first light for my soon to be new baby: Walther PPQ. If not this then i'll probably just roll with everyone else and get the TLR-1...but I thought I'd throw this in the mix to see if anybody had even heard of it

That same light is sold under a host of different names. Seriously I doubt it's light output is as advertised too. I'd be cautious of going "too cheap" on a light lest it be all plastic junk. Does it say it's aluminum? Also check out the next section down for a light thats on sale.

not very scientific, but actual test of how 3 lights (nebo hp190, streamlight tlr-1 and insight somethinerother) compare. I'm just trying to justify the tlr-1 being 3x the price....yeah it's a whole hell of a lot brighter in the test though

I just ordered a Glock light TL-10 (no laser) for my G23. I think 60 lumens should be enough for inside this small home. I had a similar alarm situation at 3am about 7 months ago and shame on me for not ordering sooner. I did have a flashlight next to safe but it is awkward. I am not a good shot so clearly I need two hands on the weapon.

I just ordered a Glock light TL-10 (no laser) for my G23. I think 60 lumens should be enough for inside this small home. I had a similar alarm situation at 3am about 7 months ago and shame on me for not ordering sooner. I did have a flashlight next to safe but it is awkward. I am not a good shot so clearly I need two hands on the weapon.

You don't know? Best to turn off all the lights to simulate a real power outage and try it out on the gun. Better a dry run then in a real emergency when your LIFE might depend on it. (ahhh, you just ordered it, I over looked that, sorry, my bad!.)

60 Lumens should be sufficient to light up a room unless you live in a giant mansion. However, another point of having a flashlight is to potentially blind/disorient an intruder/assailant. 60 lumens may not be up to the task.

That being said, I have an older Streamlight TLR-1 that's 80 Lumens - it's plenty bright/disorienting, but my TLR-1S @ 130 lumens is much more so.

It's always good to have one of each anyway, so you don't need to "point" the gun without knowing of a potential target (or until it's needed) and both my lights (gun mounted and hand held) have a selectable strobe feature built in. My S&W Gun mount "Micro 90" is 90 lumens and my handheld is 120 lumens.

the glock light is great.. I have had ZERO issues with mine...

here is a short video I shot for a friend who wanted to see the switch function..

yes my fingers are on the trigger.. we were discussing how the light could be activated with support OR trigger hand...

the light is plenty bright enough.. have no issues with battery life or anything..

I have a TLR-1S mounted onto my P30 and it has seen over 1500 rounds and works fine. Has not even wobbled slightly loose in all that time. While a cheaper/dimmer weapon light might get the job done I really like the track reacord that Streamlight has and the strobe/160 lumens are sure to grab anyones attention.

Tblant: I've been following along. Curious if your lite came in and your thoughts on its brightness. Also, if you don't mind me asking, where did you end up ordering from? I've been debating perfect fit and lightbulb vs led and a more generic fit. So far, leaning toward the GL 10, too. Thanx.

Tblant: I've been following along. Curious if your lite came in and your thoughts on its brightness. Also, if you don't mind me asking, where did you end up ordering from? I've been debating perfect fit and lightbulb vs led and a more generic fit. So far, leaning toward the GL 10, too. Thanx.

It was just delivered. I will try to post my first video/picture later when dark. I really like it. Very snug fit, very easy switch manipulation...great location and minimal effort to flip switch or depress and hold. Also, I don't even notice it is on the gun in terms of weight. On the downside I wish the light was more intense. It is sufficient, but I prefer brighter. if the TLR1 is a nice fit like Glock light and same ease of use for switch then I would choose TLR1. I just was not sure at the time. Am I happy with Glock? Yes

I ordred from Glock website. It came yesterday via Fedex but we were not home to sign.

Yep, TLR1S (rating wise) is much brighter light and also gives me some flexibilty in mounting on a couple of brands I have. Just not a "perfect" fit on the Glock in that it extends a bit byond the barrel and doesn't curve along the trigger guard. My wife keeps trying to remind me it's not a fashion show 'cause if it was, the Glock light wins hands down. Standing by for the nighttime update- Thanks!

Two more pics to follow. It is 20 feet to the green curtains on the right from where I stood. Took flash off when taking the pics with Glock Light on. Another reply will follow with two more pics. Hope this works. Not sure if it helps you.