n4p226r

Any Watch Fans? What Do You Own? What Do You Like

So I currently only own a marathon tsar mechanical but am a big watch fan in general. They are a little expensive though.

My 5 favorites.

Pam 329

Rolex submariner/seadweller

Patek 5070r $$$$$$$

Bell and Ross br-01 series

Rolex Daytona

I'm also really liking the new bell and Ross ww1 watches but the band is kinda slim

I've had a pile of mechanical watches over the last few years, but, like with guns, I tend to buy and sell them after about a year. Right now I have a large hand wind Victorinox pilot's watch. Of all the watches I've sold, I probably miss my Ball Engineer Master II Diver. Bright green bezel and glowing tritium tubes were pretty unique.

I have many favorites but I like Panerai the most.

One of my favorites is the Pam177. The titanium case makes it light and easy to wear. Also, I kinda liked the daily winding in the morning.

I also like the Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine Diver. Classic dive watch.

Hey also forgot to mention the PAM243. The last of the tritium dials was awesome. The dial get's a patina on it and really looks cool.

I am wearing a Seiko 6309 on a Maratc diver lately and it's really nice. I kinda like things that aren't what everyone likes, hence the fact that my Seiko is from the late 80's.

I have had all the version's of the SAR family except the CSAR. I liked the JSAR the best. The TSAR I thought had a cluttered dial, same for the GSAR since it's only difference is the ETA mov't. The original SAR I have had 3 times and sold them all. I just got used to a bigger dial.

Truth is, I like them all, from Gshock's to A Lange and Sohn. I will always wear a watch.

I am not a watch baller although I love Pateks. =)

My daily watch is a Raymond Weil black leather strap. For beater watch, Invicta submariner copy/design.

No more Movado's for me.. bad luck with them, and costs almost as much to repair as to replace.

Pateks are nice but they always look dressy. I like watches that can be worn when dressed down and look good when dressed up. Also, Hublot's are sweet.

Check out the bell&ross ww1. Fits that role to a T. Just checked out the hublot store. A little bulky for me but great quality. Like a tank

I have a Movado, and I agree more jewelry than a watch to me, problem is I gave up wearing watches 20 years ago, between having a pager with a time on it then and now a cell phone, I don't need one to tell time, plus I only have more than 50 screens at work that tell me the time.

I don't have anything special, just a Seiko 5 automatic mechanical and a russian made "orion" brand mechanical that is a skeleton watch where you can see the innards. I also have a 70's Bulova accutron watch that uses a tuning fork to keep time. You can hear it hum if you listen closely. My dad gave it to me, said they were all the rage in the 70's as electronic watches were rapidl yreplacing mechanicals. Now mechanicals are back in style. (and LED digitals) Go figure.......

I like Tags and Tissots.

Tag Black Coral 1000 that I got in 1985 and have had rebuilt 3 times. Now Tag says it's too old and they don't carry parts and o rings any longer.

Tag stainless and gold 2000 with blue face I bought in Hong Kong on my honey moon in 1997.

Tag Monaco stainless I bought second hand in Seattle, sexy and with a history.

Tissot PRC 2000 stainless black face chronometer, my everyday watch I got at duty free in Singapore.

Tissot Couturier white face with leather band, my suit watch.

Except for the Monaco,none are particularly expensive but I tend to fall in love with workmanship and well engineered things. next on the wish list is a IWC Portuguese Crono.

Had a Tag Links series for years and was a dependable and versatile watch.

Now I have a Rolex GMT Master II which I find pretty useful when traveling to a different time zone.

Panerai looks pretty cool. wouldn't mind eventually getting one of those.

I used to be a huge watch fan, up until a few years ago. Wearing them on my wrist, they'd always get caught on my long-sleeve work shirts. Then it hit me that I always had my cell phone with me, so what the hell did I need my watch for. Ever since then, all my watches are collecting dust.

I'm a big fan of watches too. Too bad it can be one of the most expensive hobbies out there short of collecting planes and boats. Watches ARE jewelry though. If you want accurate time keeping buy a cheap digital or use your phone.

One of my favorites is the Patek Philippe Sky Moon Tourbillon. I think Ulysse Nardin makes some beautiful pieces; the Tellurium J Kepler in particular. AP has some pieces I like too. Obviously these are pieces most of us will never dream of owning but they are fun to look at.

I like the aviation line from Bell & Ross. Lum-tec has some neat pieces. Not a huge Rolex fan although I like some of them. Hamilton makes great "budget" pieces. I like Tissot. I like Omega Seamaster Planet Oceans.

I had am Omega Planet Ocean for a while. Got a great deal on it and it was nice. I sold it when I got bared of it. I also had a Sinn U2 that was a coool watch. Sold that to get a Panerai. Watch prices have certainly gone up with the dollar declining.

I had am Omega Planet Ocean for a while. Got a great deal on it and it was nice. I sold it when I got bared of it. I also had a Sinn U2 that was a coool watch. Sold that to get a Panerai. Watch prices have certainly gone up with the dollar declining.

I've always loved the orange bezel Planet Ocean but I feel like it's the "gateway drug" of the higher end watch world :lol: . Seems like one of the more popular first "expensive" pieces in this hobby.

Alright I’ll show my age...I prefer pocket watches the older the better

One of my favorite watch brands just came out with one. The pp1 bell & Ross. I want to try to find the original Rolex pocket watch that was transformed into the panerai. Don't want to know what that would cost though