302w

Buying .45 Acp

Im in Morris County and I have been calling around. RTSP, Dover Sport Shop, and Ramsey Outdoor are all overpriced. I am on hold with Dicks Sporting Goods, but they are like HK Customer Service, and don't pick up their phones. I might drive to Stroudsburg Walmart for $17 Federal .45

I am not buying a whole lot, and I dont want to order online. Just buying a few boxes for Christmas. Suggestions?

Aguilar, wish I saw that before I left. I had a fun experience at Dicks sporting goods buying ammo.

I go to the desk, wait 20 minutes, and someone finally shows up. Conversation goes like this:

Him:Hi, what do you need?

Me: I need two boxes of your cheapest .45, and Id like to see the Henry .22 if you dont have it.

Him: Got FID?

Me: Yes (hand over)

Him: Got license?

Him: (checking license and FID thoroughly) I cant sell you the firearm, it says Apt. B on your FID and not on your license.

Me: Fine. Ill take the .45

Him: its $60 for 250 (if I heard him right)

Me: I want two boxes please.

Him: what are you shooting?

Me: Targets

Him: What are you shooting? (again)

Me: Targets at the range in randolph

Him: From what

Me: a 1911?

Him: Sorry, cant sell it to you. Should have said pistol caliber carbine since you're 20.

So I drove to PA. Guy was wearing a stupid blackhawks jersey anyway

Aguilar, wish I saw that before I left. I had a fun experience at Dicks sporting goods buying ammo.

I go to the desk, wait 20 minutes, and someone finally shows up. Conversation goes like this:

Me: I need two boxes of your cheapest .45, and Id like to see the Henry .22 if you dont have it.

Him: (checking license and FID thoroughly) I cant sell you the firearm, it says Apt. B on your FID and not on your license.

Him: Sorry, cant sell it to you. Should have said pistol caliber carbine since you're 20.

uhh..

:huh:

Well at least he was right about the 21 yrs old part. FYI usually only a Manager has a pink card, and can sell at a Dick's. He was probably the only manger on as well. I heard that they had problems in the past with employees really screwing up paperwork ,so only a Manger can sell a gun there.

As far as lack of service, this is what happens when we don't support the small guys...they go away, and this is what you have left to deal with.

Eff Dick's. I've only heard crappy stories about them. I wouldn't even waste my time.

I'll go there to buy shotgun shells, but only because that's just about the easiest gun purchase you can make. Although some Dick's stores require FID for shotgun shells too, even though the law doesn't.

But based on what I've heard and read, buying handgun ammo or a gun there is a nightmare. No thanks. I'll stick to a real gun shop.

I have bought handgun ammo at dicks in cherry hill twice so far. Both times it was very easy; handed over FID and license he wrote in log book and was out in under 10 mins. Guess it depends on the store and manager.

I just recently purchased a 1911. I am looking for some .45 ACP ammo also and I hear that dicks sporting goods does have a good amount. One specific I was told over the phone was a box of Remington 230 grain for $20 at 50 rounds.

Great price.

Scig

I know you said you don't want to buy in bulk or online... but those are some of the best deals. My buddy and I just split a case of 1,000 230gr Federal Champion... for $325. (Can't beat $0.33 /rd.)

cheaperthandirt.com has 250 rd Remington UMC 230gr FMJ for $86... which is $0.34 per round which is pretty good too.

I know you said you don't want to buy in bulk or online... but those are some of the best deals. My buddy and I just split a case of 1,000 230gr Federal Champion... for $325. (Can't beat $0.33 /rd.)

cheaperthandirt.com has 250 rd Remington UMC 230gr FMJ for $86... which is $0.34 per round which is pretty good too.

+1. OP: check online anyway. Prices are way better than stores/LGS and shipping can be surprisingly cheap and fast. You may be able to get a few boxes delivered to your door with less cost and much less hassle than fighting holiday crowds and standing at the gun counter at Dicks.

Try sgammo.com. I just bought 1,000 rounds of Remington UMC .40 for $274 delivered to my door, including shipping. That's less than $14 per box, way better than Stroudsburg Walmart prices.

I would have told him to shut the f**k up & give me the ammo b4 he asked questions.

NO need for the extra lip service for the salesmen.

Sears on Elizabeth ave in NEWARK had a large firearms dept. UNTIL the riots of the 60s. store was broken into and closed for good. all guns GONE!!!!