(732)Shootremington

Remington 1911 Issue

Hey guys I am new to the forum but I know someone can help me here. I recently purchased a Remington 19crouton an online dealer and haven't fired it yet. There is a scratch that is developing just from manually shifting the slide forwards and backwards. It is forming on the front of the slide. I field stripped it and noticed that on the dust cover the metal wasn't buffed out and there is a line which is creating the scratch on my slide. Are there any warranty repair service areas for Remington near by? I am located in central jersey. If not I will be sending it back to be repaired. Thanks.

Hey guys I am new to the forum but I know someone can help me here. I recently purchased a Remington 19crouton an online dealer and haven't fired it yet. There is a scratch that is developing just from manually shifting the slide forwards and backwards. It is forming on the front of the slide. I field stripped it and noticed that on the dust cover the metal wasn't buffed out and there is a line which is creating the scratch on my slide. Are there any warranty repair service areas for Remington near by? I am located in central jersey. If not I will be sending it back to be repaired. Thanks.

What? :huh:

Okay, after reading it slowly, I came up with this.

It sounds as though the frame (dust cover area) is digging into the slide on the front part of the slide (rail area). Sounds like the rails are breaking in and there may be a burr that is wearing into the finish of the slide