I am a little confused over the out of state CCW and hearing quite a few different stories abou it.

If I live in NJ and get a Flordia CCW can I carry in PA . Heard they might still want my home state licence .

Any help with this , thanks .

PA's reciprocity agreements can be found on the PA Attorney Generals website http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184

If you read PA's reciprocity agreement with Florida it basically says, any valid Florida CCW holder can legally carry concealed in the state of Pa. (I'm also a NJ resident and have CCW's from FL and Utah.)

(As I understand your question, When you say "they" you mean PA not FL.)

I am a little confused over the out of state CCW and hearing quite a few different stories abou it.

If I live in NJ and get a Flordia CCW can I carry in PA . Heard they might still want my home state licence .

Take a look at my Signature line, click on th FL in the CCW section, will bring you to the site with all the information you are looking for.

What is the cost to get the UT, VA and AZ ccw permits?

I ask because I don't feel like it's necessarily a good idea to spend more $$ just to get rights in states I may or may not go to. For me FL is a no brainer because I frequent FL.

I ask because I don't feel like it's necessarily a good idea to spend more $$ just to get rights in states I may or may not go to. For me FL is a no brainer because I frequent FL.

I completed my Utah at GunForHire (http://www.gunforhire.com/gun-classes-ccw.html) obviously other places also will do Utah. For Utah you need to attend a 3-4 hour classroom based training.

At GFH they do everything for you - i.e. run the course (you have to attend!), take your prints, photos, notary the form, send it to Utah with correct payment etc. The cost if getting your Utah through GFH is $200.

MrsWombat and I both received our Utah within about 6 weeks from applying. We also applied for our Florida at the same time. The reason we have both is that they expire at different times (Utah is 5 years, Florida is 7 years IIRC) so you should always be covered by one or other for the majority of states. The coverage is a little different between the two.

Can't comment on VA and AZ however these are on my to-do list (just fairly low down in the priorities!)

hth

TheWombat

Can't remember off the top of my head, but both VA and AZ were cheaper than FL, but I like having all three, it does cover me for more states, plus if by chance I let one laps by accident they all renew at different times so I would have a better chance of being covered. Plus I do travel and visit a lot of states on my bike, so I can use the extra coverage anyway.

I just seen on Fox news a couple of weeks ago that the city of Philadelphia will not honor Florida ccw, they pass a law two months ago. And now they are upset with national ccw and said they would be ready to fight it if it passes congress. If the state of Pennsylvania has agreement with Florida how can the city of Philadelphia pass a law saying they with not honor it.

... If the state of Pennsylvania has agreement with Florida how can the city of Philadelphia pass a law saying they with not honor it.

Mayor Nutjob and his Corrupt Council of Fools can do anything they want.

Ultimately, it will be up to the PA Supreme Court (headed by former Phila DA Ron Castille) to slap them down.

Who wants to be the test case??

I just seen on Fox news a couple of weeks ago that the city of Philadelphia will not honor Florida ccw, they pass a law two months ago. And now they are upset with national ccw and said they would be ready to fight it if it passes congress. If the state of Pennsylvania has agreement with Florida how can the city of Philadelphia pass a law saying they with not honor it.

I tried looking for that news topic but couldn't find it through a Google search. The only thing I could find was a statement made Friday, February 18, 2011 which said that Philadelphia will not recognize out-of-state carry licenses held by Pennsylvania residents, unless the individual also holds a Pennsylvania concealed carry license. (source: forum discussion at defensivehandguns.com)

(Supposedly Philly is concerned about PA residents whom they deny CCW permits to and then gain access to carry by appropriating a permit from Florida.)

Philadelphia is crazy if they think they can win this one. By law the PA Attorney General is the only entity that can make or break reciprocity agreements in the state of PA.

-Nutter is more than a name, it's a frame of mind. :8P:

Edited by johnott

Really? In Ortiz v. Commonwealth they said

This argument is plainly without merit. 18 Pa.C.S. section

6120, the act limiting municipal regulation of firearms and

ammunition, applies in every county including Philadelphia.

Here is the actual reciprocity agreement with Florida

http://www.attorneyg...20Agreement.pdf

Philadelphia has multiple times tried to say that various different PA statutes and regulations somehow don't apply to them. The court has ruled every time that this argument is without merit, as they apply to ALL places within the Commonwealth of PA INCLUDING Philadelphia.

Can't remember off the top of my head, but both VA and AZ were cheaper than FL, but I like having all three, it does cover me for more states, plus if by chance I let one laps by accident they all renew at different times so I would have a better chance of being covered. Plus I do travel and visit a lot of states on my bike, so I can use the extra coverage anyway.

AZ = $60 initial/$43 renewal

VA = $100 initial and renewal

You folks in NJ have to get the more expensive FL permit if you want to carry in FL. FL is one of those states that only recognize Resident permits.

I tried looking for that news topic but couldn't find it through a Google search. The only thing I could find was a statement made Friday, February 18, 2011 which said that Philadelphia will not recognize out-of-state carry licenses held by Pennsylvania residents, unless the individual also holds a Pennsylvania concealed carry license. (source: forum discussion at defensivehandguns.com)

(Supposedly Philly is concerned about PA residents whom they deny CCW permits to who then gain access to carry by appropriating a permit from Florida.)

Philadelphia is crazy if they think they can win this one. By law the PA Attorney General is the only entity that can make or break reciprocity agreements in the state of PA.

-Nutter is more than a name, it's a frame of mind. :8P:

Here is the Ordinance in question:

http://legislation.phila.gov/attachments/11105.pdf

It is completely illegal and unenforceable. Philly makes up their own issuing criteria and have been known to deny a LTCF to people with parking tickets. So rather than having to deal with the Philly corruption folks apply to more reasonable states.

"You folks in NJ have to get the more expensive FL permit if you want to carry in FL. FL is one of those states that only recognize Resident permits."

Where'd u get that !

the only non-resident permits FL accepts are the non-resident permits they issue. In other words, if you are a New Jersey resident and get an AZ or UT non resident permit, you still can't carry in FL.

the only non-resident permits FL accepts are the non-resident permits they issue. In other words, if you are a New Jersey resident and get an AZ or UT non resident permit, you still can't carry in FL.

Sorry, misunderstood! Yeh, $65 + $42 for fingerprint processing.