Sign in to follow this  
BobC

Need Help Getting My New Saiga 922r Compliant

7.62x39 I like the idea of bipod supported shooting. Never had a rifle like that so I want to set up the saiga with a bipod. No real reason just want to try and see. A rail would give me quick detach. I'll look into the ultimak, thanks.

Converting, I don't want to f up the rifle. Never done anything like it, have little patience and equally bad with tools and directions. Not a good combo which leads to me buggering stuff up.

you will quickly find that the AK platform rifle especially chambered in 7.62x39 excels in run and gun center mass type shooting.. it is not an ideal platform for precision shooting.. it will hit center mass type shots all day long.. rapidly.. this performance will be increased ten fold with the conversion.. IMO a bipod is kind of lost on this platform especially in that caliber...but good luck with the gun. if I can help you with anything just yell..

Texas Weapon Systems has the dogleg rail that replaces the dustcover. It's gotten good reviews and is another option to mounting an optic.

Personally I don't mind the side rail but just make sure you get a decent mount. Kalinka optics sells the good ones. I did not have any luck with a utg mount on the rifle so I use it on my saiga 12 instead.

you will quickly find that the AK platform rifle especially chambered in 7.62x39 excels in run and gun center mass type shooting.. it is not an ideal platform for precision shooting.. it will hit center mass type shots all day long.. rapidly.. this performance will be increased ten fold with the conversion.. IMO a bipod is kind of lost on this platform especially in that caliber...but good luck with the gun. if I can help you with anything just yell..

Great, thanks.

Texas Weapon Systems has the dogleg rail that replaces the dustcover. It's gotten good reviews and is another option to mounting an optic.

Personally I don't mind the side rail but just make sure you get a decent mount. Kalinka optics sells the good ones. I did not have any luck with a utg mount on the rifle so I use it on my saiga 12 instead.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Anyone have any problem with the bolt hold open spring ? I've completed the conversion however the spring does not stay put on the little arm on the bolt hold open lever. It has dislodged twice already. It's a pain in the a** trying to get the spring into place in the first place.

you have to be doing it wrong.. once it is set in correctly... it should not move..