Tosser

Why do you own Guns?

I bought my first handguns because I could, and why not? Wanted to get into the sport.

I shoot now because I am a gamer. (gun games)

I have as many guns as I do because I believe in a diversified portfolio amongst various asset classes.

I've had a fascination with them since I was young, but just only recently actually got into them.

They're just amazing machines to me. Lot's of fun to use.

I'm mainly a gamer. Self defense is more secondary for myself, but I believe it is a very good

and legitimate reason to own them.

I'll go along with "..because I can", at least until the People's Republic of NJ decides to ban 'em altogether.

Started a lifetime ago because I worked with a guy who was into varmint hunting, which led me to my first purchase: a Winchester .22 LR. Then, due to a ruckus in the house I rented in, I decided a handgun may be in order for self-defense. That was back in '86, and I was pretty dormant on the firearms scene until a couple of years ago, when I went shooting at the BH with some friends. Since then I've acquired two Mosins, an XDm .40, a Ruger 10/22 for my new shooting buddy (my nephew) and a Taurus 1911. So while a couple of the handguns are primarily for home defense, I enjoy going to the ranges here and in PA and shooting for the sake of improving accuracy, and for the plain fun of it.

Started out for self defense and because it's better to have and not need than to need and not have... but it's also a fun hobby which has resulted in me meeting some very cool people. I don't hunt and not into the gun games yet. Zombies.. well, I do own a zombie AR lower :)

My serious response to this is for multiple reasons. They are fun, I can hunt with them, I can defend my family and property with them and most importantly I can use them as the founding father intended. I was born Canadian, but I am %100 American now and proud of it. This great nation is founded on principles that the People are to be the most powerful not the government.

• Like 2

Well, I was always interested in them when I was little. My grandpa used to always watch all those old westerns and he was heavy into cowboy stuff, which is probably the explanation for my revolver fetish. :lol:

Besides that, BECAUSE I F***ING CAN!

Funny how most people are gamers or hunters first and self/home defense second. Interesting

Haha member that time you called me to go shooting and i told you i was in a match you were like where i was like on my ps3 playing socom 4 lol!! WINNING!