jcerillo70

Saiga 7.62x39

Classic arms has these for $299.99. so i'm about to go order one. But as always im going to check in with the experts first. This one is not converted yet, but thankfully we have Vlad ad his tutorials ;)

So what do you think? Its the best price ive seen yet?

Any other one you would suggest ?

I like 7.62x39 but this is my take on the other available calibers...

7.62x39 for shooting through things.. for an aggressive mid range battle caliber.. a round that will go through light cover..

5.45x39 for a lighter recoil.. somewhat cheaper shooting experience.. possibly slightly more accurate.. the recoil of this round is basically nonexistent..

223 if you are an AR nut and already have a ton of AR ammo and magazines... you can get an AR mag adapter..

308 seems lost to me.. once you get into a round that big I prefer to have it in something more precision.. my AR in 308 has been very accurate.. I don't think a 308 Saiga would keep up..

He's saying: the price is so good, you might as well order two. However, since AK's don't fail, you'll never need a backup. I personally don't see a reason to NOT buy one if you don't have one already.

correct... if the AK platform ever broke... I would be an extra unconverted one.. and bury it in the yard... but since the gun will likely outlast me.. I will stick with one..

sure.. mine does.. but I am in PA.. 30 rounds in a free state is fine.. 30 rounds in NJ.. not so good..

all you need is to lightly file the mag release.. and install a bullet guide..

saiga762finalvlad.JPG

Thanks. I keep my 30 round mags on the family farm in pa, can't wait to move there.

Im looking into getting one of these also, but they have available a saiga already converted for $449.00 Wouldnt that work out to be about the same price after you buy all the parts and spend the time converting yourself?

Yes. But are you getting the exact rifle you want? Is it the same stock, pistol grip, FCG, and handguard that you want? If not, then you'll end up spending MORE money than just building yourself.

Im looking into getting one of these also, but they have available a saiga already converted for $449.00 Wouldnt that work out to be about the same price after you buy all the parts and spend the time converting yourself?

that rifle is very poorly converted with tons of cut corners.. I would NOT go that route..

Thanks guys, it's a real fun shooter

as to the guy asking about the converted one, listen to vlad ! I went that route, while I am happy where its at now, i bassically had to replace ( almost ) every part to get her up to snuff

read this thread, it does alot of explaining with the parts having to be replaced

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29275-saiga-762-project/

Ordered at 4:30 pm today! Lets see if i get it to my FFL by Saturday night...So i can pickup on Sunday

Im on Carolina Shooters Supply site now, looking at which conversion kit im going to go with. Im so excited!!!

Just to clarify, They say on CSS

"Conversion Kit includes everything for your basic conversion and to be 922r compliant for all Saiga 223, 7.62, 308, 5.45 Rifles and 410 & 20 Gauge Shotguns:

So just double checking... If i ordered the conversion kit they offer, my gun will be 922 compliant once fully assembled with the conversion kit?

Secondly, Do i have to get the muzzle pinned and welded like my AR or is this a different beast with no muzzle break?

Thanks guys! I can't wait!!!

Ordered at 4:30 pm today! Lets see if i get it to my FFL by Saturday night...So i can pickup on Sunday

Im on Carolina Shooters Supply site now, looking at which conversion kit im going to go with. Im so excited!!!

Just to clarify, They say on CSS

So just double checking... If i ordered the conversion kit they offer, my gun will be 922 compliant once fully assembled with the conversion kit?

Secondly, Do i have to get the muzzle pinned and welded like my AR or is this a different beast with no muzzle break?

Thanks guys! I can't wait!!!

gun will likely not come with barrel threaded..

if barrel threads are there gun MUST have a brake pinned and welded..

depends on what conversion kit you are looking at.. some kids give you Tapco wood. but then you might need other parts for front half of gun..

I'm between these 2 . They both look like they're fixed Stocks. The Red Jacket stock looks interesting too, but i know ill get made fun of lol

1. http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-678/Saiga-Rifle-Conversion-Kit/Detail

2. http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-888/Saiga-rifle-conversion-kit/Detail

I'm between these 2 . They both look like they're fixed Stocks. The Red Jacket stock looks interesting too, but i know ill get made fun of lol

1. http://store.carolin...sion-Kit/Detail

2. http://store.carolin...sion-kit/Detail

i dislike the RJ stock.. but hey whatever you like is what matters...

either of those kits should net a 922 compliant gun providing the DPH stock is US made which I think it is..