jcerillo70

Saiga 7.62x39

Wow, I have Saiga in 308 but now I want one in 7.62x32 or .223. I was going to hold off until recover financially somewhat from the Holidays but for $299 I'll charge it ... I called this morning and tried to order one but they were sold out. If anyone knows any other sources with a similar price please advise.

Last time I checked, http://centerfiresystems.com/ still had them for $299

Last time I checked, http://centerfiresystems.com/ still had them for $299

Thank you for the info, they also seem to be out of the 7.62x39 but they appear to have the .223 in stock. they list their .223 shipping with (1) 5rd Mag, all the other vendors look like they ship the 223 with a 10 round mag, something else to look into.....

EDIT: Thanks again, ordered the .223 however no ETA yet....

Still waiting on the actual firearm...Every time i call its the same 2-3 week wait b.s.

Ill spend the extra money to get one, but in the mean time i guess ill just finish ordering all the parts.

But i did just find my next pistol for Sunday Steel so that 1 out of 2 permits left-

RUGER HUNTER KMKIII678H 22LR 6 7/8"

Plus im joining CJR&P on the 25th. So i need to sell some more cars lol

Still waiting on the actual firearm...Every time i call its the same 2-3 week wait b.s. Ill spend the extra money to get one, but in the mean time i guess ill just finish ordering all the parts. But i did just find my next pistol for Sunday Steel so that 1 out of 2 permits left-

RUGER HUNTER KMKIII678H 22LR 6 7/8"

Plus im joining CJR&P on the 25th. So i need to sell some more cars lol

As per alowerlevel went with CenterFireSystms, I should have it by Friday at the very latest., for me it was $338 shipped. I noticed in the current issue of ShotGunNews (paid subscription) that came last week J&G Sales has the same deal $299.95 for one, two or more for $289 but according to the website they seem to be out too.

OT but funny, I'm a Saiga newbie but these seem to be as popular as Mosins. BudGunshop sent an email blast a few months ago and the Mosin was their best seller for 2011 . I just get a kick out of the Mosins, they are closest thing I have as far as an antique. In my case you have a 54 year shooting a 80 year old rifle, I get a big kick out of that…now in my modest collection I have more Russian hardware than US long guns, I'll have to work on that.. :) I wish NJ didn't restrict the C&R otherwise I'd have 10 of them by now.

Perhaps give J&G a call and seen what their status is for their back orders. Not taking anything away from Classic, I used them once for my last Mosin purchase and it was a nice smooth transaction. I just think it is what it is, vendor hit or miss and now the waiting game. Hang in there, you get it...

As per alowerlevel went with CenterFireSystms, I should have it by Friday at the very latest., for me it was $338 shipped. I noticed in the current issue of ShotGunNews (paid subscription) that came last week J&G Sales has the same deal $299.95 for one, two or more for $289 but according to the website they seem to be out too.

OT but funny, I'm a Saiga newbie but these seem to be as popular as Mosins. BudGunshop sent an email blast a few months ago and the Mosin was their best seller for 2011 . I just get a kick out of the Mosins, they are closest thing I have as far as an antique. In my case you have a 54 year shooting a 80 year old rifle, I get a big kick out of that…now in my modest collection I have more Russian hardware than US long guns, I'll have to work on that.. :) I wish NJ didn't restrict the C&R otherwise I'd have 10 of them by now.

Perhaps give J&G a call and seen what their status is for their back orders. Not taking anything away from Classic, I used them once for my last Mosin purchase and it was a nice smooth transaction. I just think it is what it is, vendor hit or miss and now the waiting game. Hang in there, you get it...

Thats funny lol your right about the mosins. i dont have one, but i guess you cant beat it for the price. i just wish not so many of them were made so they'd be worth something one day or become an heirloom.

Thats funny lol your right about the mosins. i dont have one, but i guess you cant beat it for the price. i just wish not so many of them were made so they'd be worth something one day or become an heirloom.

you could alway use them for tomato stakes... LOL

Do i need a bullet guide for these mags?

http://mtnarmory.com...&products_id=11

Also... Im not going to order the expensive stock. Im just going to get the basic nato stock.

I am absolutely - positively moving to PA very soon, So when i do im getting a folding stock on this, So ill save my money until then stock wise

So all i need to order now is...

• UPGRADE CONVERSION KIT GRIP TO HOGUE (BLACK)

• 3/16 COBALT DRILL BIT

• CONVERSION KIT #6-CSS all Saiga 223, 7.62, 308, 5.45 Rifles and 410 & 20 Gauge Shotguns (NATO-10.5")

• HANDGUARD RETAINING LOWER BRACKET SAIGA 223, 5.45, 7.62 RIFLES

• KVAR SAIGA/AK47 HANDGUARD BLACK

Do you guys know of a recommended alternative dealer for this part since Carolina Shooter's Supply is out of stock ?

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-152/Ultimak-ak-dsh-47-Saiga-gas/Detail

Order from Ultimak directly I never had issue ordering directly from them... But with CSS you can enter CSS as coupon code and get %5 off..

a.jpg

I have to order another trigger guard and get a long alen wrench. i stripped the hole trying to get the pistol grip on. Kicking myself for halfassing it.

Now the stock seems very strange the way it mounts. i dont think i did it right. the directions were bad for the stock

b.jpg

c.jpg

But it looks cool ;)

As i read more into it...it seems i must grind off the rear tang to fit the stock.

As for the stripping of the pistol grip hole. maybe i can just re tap it and save the $40. i added a few washers for now and have 1/4'' of screw in there but i want to do it right

Any idea what size the pistol grip screw is so i can buy a tap in the morning?

I finished converting my .223 saiga from classic arms yesterday.

It was very very easy.

my price list boils down as follows

saiga from classic arms - $300

tapco G2 - $30

Battlefield Pickup stock set - $25 shipped

MD arms molot pistol grip - $12

disconnect spring - $1.00

AK retaining plate - $5.00

Grip nut/bolt - $6.00

Black spraypaint - $5.00

AK gas tube - $30 (unnecessary but looks nice)

All in all just under $415 and the gun is setup perfectly for me and I love it.

rear tang gets grinded off.. yes..

Grinded and shined up rear tang installed the internal receiver and buttstock.

BUT....The 4 holes that are to be held in with the small screws are not threaded, and the screws wont go in.

(The 2 above the grip)

d.jpg

so it seems i need to drill 2 holes on each side to attach the set screws to hold in the sides of the internal block receiver.

Grinded and shined up rear tang installed the internal receiver and buttstock.

BUT....The 4 holes that are to be held in with the small screws are not threaded, and the screws wont go in.

(The 2 above the grip)

d.jpg

so it seems i need to drill 2 holes on each side to attach the set screws to hold in the sides of the internal block receiver.

that is strange can you take a picture of the block? slide it out of the gun and snap a picture..