jcerillo70

Saiga 7.62x39

I have the ace block, that came with the ace stock when i made my order for css. but the screws are to long to sit flush against the flat metal.it looks like it needs to be drilled and tapped for it to work

the ace block does not use side screws.. it uses the screw in the top.. and then the PG nut goes through it.. you drill in the side a little and then just use nylon plugs to fill the holes if you are not going to weld it.. I personally have used the ones from Dinzag..

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-149/Saiga-FCG-hole-plugs/Detail

http://www.dinzagarms.com/misc_parts/aknyhp.html

the ace block does not use side screws.. it uses the screw in the top.. and then the PG nut goes through it.. you drill in the side a little and then just use nylon plugs to fill the holes if you are not going to weld it.. I personally have used the ones from Dinzag..

http://store.carolin...le-plugs/Detail

http://www.dinzagarm...rts/aknyhp.html

I have the nylon plugs still, you wouldnt happen to know what size drill bit to use would you?

For now ill do that, but still i am going to order the CSS internal block receiver with the holes in it

I have the nylon plugs still, you wouldnt happen to know what size drill bit to use would you?

For now ill do that, but still i am going to order the CSS internal block receiver with the holes in it

not sure but I made the holes intentionally small and forced the plugs in.. 3+ years later they have not moved..

that is weird, who did you get the block from?

it is suppused to look like this:

here is mine:

there are multiple manufactures.. the ACE blocks do not have holes..

there are two types of blocks.. there is that one.. but then there are also the Ace blocks..

where is your block from?

the ace block works just as well.. but it just functions differently..

What’s the difference or what is the preferred block? You may remember about 2 months ago I did my 308 & 223 but I used the standard Tapco stocks on both. I liked the 223 so much I picked up another 223 about 3 weeks ago. I would like to do my second 223 a little different (once I have the funds) with the Ace stock as the OP here. I asked on my post (#48) about the blocks but I was probably unclear. Thanks in advance

the ace block with the no side holes is ideal if you are welding the holes and refinishing the gun..

if you are not doing that..

I have no preference both work well..

I see now, thanks. I will not know what I'm buying until I sit down and order the parts. who knows, may do the same as the previous configuration because it was fairly cheap and quick and easy to do, then again I really like the woody look as well. This should be my biggest problem making this decision, LOL

First test fire...FTF... First 2 shots were good, then i manually cycled every shot with the bolt,ejecting rounds with no primer strikes, though you could hear the hammer dropping. I'll have to do some investigating and research on this.

Can I ask where did you get the 15/20 round mags?

I just picked a 7.62 so this is next on my list. As far as your not firing issue I’ll defer to the experts as to the actual cause. What I do know when I did my 308 & 223 I had to grind a fair amount off the hammers. I did it in a way that kept the hammer on center instead of taking too much off either side causing the hammer to move laterally in one direction or the other. For the 308 that even required few swipes with the grinder on the vertical.

Its from a place called mountain armory . http://mtnarmory.com...e=index&cPath=2

If you call they have the 15/20's too

list EVERYTHING you did to the gun.. top to bottom..

also is the gun failing to fire or failing to eject? when you manually cycle the gun is it ejecting a live round or empty case?

list EVERYTHING you did to the gun.. top to bottom..

also is the gun failing to fire or failing to eject? when you manually cycle the gun is it ejecting a live round or empty case?

Gun is falling to fire, but not leaving any primer strikes on the primer. manually cycling the bolt ejects a live round.

Following the Carolina shooters supply video's

• drill out rivets
  • remove trigger group and replace with g2 trigger
  • install BHO (Bending the edge of the spring arm *Via CSS instructions*)
  • drill and tap bullet guide for correct trunion, file down mag release.
  • install buttstock.
  • etc.

I didn't touch any gas tubes. i will wipe parts, re-lube every part and try again Sunday or Monday. Possibly a mag issue, i need to try it with a different one monday too and hopefully its only that

to start the hammer spring leg is off of the trigger.. the left side is correct.. the right side is not.. (looking at the picture)

you are not alone.. this is a common first conversion issue..

put the spring leg back on the trigger.. give it a little bend if need be..

this may not be the problem.. but it is definitely wrong..

fix it..

then

report back your results..

and I will help you more..

A little bit of a necro post but oh well.

I am in the market for an ak platform. After reading several of the arguments on the non saigas vs saigas. I decided to go the saiga route. is there a shop in NJ that sells pre converted ak style saigas? I know many of you are going to say that its easy enough to convert it, but, I'd rather not. Just looking to pick one up with the leg work already done. Also if I was going to use the price request function on this forum, what would I type in as the description?

• Like 1

A little bit of a necro post but oh well.

I am in the market for an ak platform. After reading several of the arguments on the non saigas vs saigas. I decided to go the saiga route. is there a shop in NJ that sells pre converted ak style saigas? I know many of you are going to say that its easy enough to convert it, but, I'd rather not. Just looking to pick one up with the leg work already done. Also if I was going to use the price request function on this forum, what would I type in as the description?

nope don't know of any already converted ones.. I can help walk you through converting it..

you are looking at..

a drill.. dremel.. hammer.. and like a screwdriver.. lol