mpl1108

Looking for a new 9mm

So I am going to be purchasing another pistol soon and want a 9mm this time. Not very many requirements other than I would like DA or DA/SA, full size, around $500-$750, that isnt a Glock. Open to other suggestions but so far I'm looking at a Smith M&P, Springer XDM, FN FNX, SIG 226 or one of the HKs. The FN and the Springer are better priced but the SIG and the HK are really nice looking. Any advice?

What mark said.

From best to worst...

Hk P30L

Sig P226/229

CZ-75/Clones

M&P 9L/Pro

For competition, reverse the order.

Rugers are blah in my opinion, horrid triggers.

If you want classic... Browning High Power.

If you are open to SA... get a 1911.

• Like 1

If you are open to SA... get a 1911.

Already have a 1911 and wouldn't want one in 9mm. I've shot the 226 and really enjoyed it but haven't shot the others. Definitely not looking for competition gun, just range use/ possible HD. Any thoughts on the other HKs? The USP and the P2000 look nice but I don't know much about them.

92FS

Why would you prefer the 92FS over the 92A1? I would love to have a 92A1 with TFO sights.

I am not sure where Englishtown is but I am going to the Bullethole tomorrow with my v3 P30 (9mm) to pop off 300-400 rounds if you wanna come. I normally go around noon. Feel free to PM me (this offer stands for all forum members) if you want to try it out. So far I have 1498 rounds through it without a single FTE/FTF or malfunction of any kind. Mainly WWB and Magtech shot through it.

+1 on the Beretta 92A1! I own and LOVE this pistol... It's a great range gun, very accurate, looks and shoots great and just a pleasure to own. Only modifications I've made are changing out the D spring to reduce the DA pull by a couple of pounds and a hogue wraparound grip with finger grooves.

I am not sure where Englishtown is but I am going to the Bullethole tomorrow with my v3 P30 (9mm) to pop off 300-400 rounds if you wanna come. I normally go around noon. Feel free to PM me (or anybody else for that matter) if you want to try it out. So far I have 1498 rounds through it without a single FTE/FTF or malfunction of any kind. Mainly WWB and Magtech shot through it.

Work is gonna get in the way tomorrow but once I handle one I may take you up on that offer. Seems like most of you are for either the P30 or the 92(insert variant here). Anyone have the FNP or FNX? I read that it's basically a no frills sig.

Work is gonna get in the way tomorrow but once I handle one I may take you up on that offer. Seems like most of you are for either the P30 or the 92(insert variant here). Anyone have the FNP or FNX? I read that it's basically a no frills sig.

Fondling a P30 is a religious experience. The ergonomics (for me) are absolutely fantastic and being a lefty I really like the fully ambidextrous controls. I have never shot the FNP but have held one at my LGS. The controls are very slim which I liked but that is about all I can say about it without putting some rounds down range. The offer stands on the P30 if you ever decide you would like to give it a try. =D

I'm the odd man out here but I love my Springfield XD9. I have over 2000 rounds through it with zero malfunctions. I've shot cheap ammo to +p rated ammo and the thing keeps firing. It has a lifetime warranty and Springfield is known to have some of the best customer service in the industry. I shot an xdm at the BH one day and found it to be a very nice handgun as well. XDs can be found in the $400 range too (Palmetto State Armory had them for $350 for a while). I paid $500 for mine and I still think it was worth every penny. I'd give the XD another look. It fits my hand much better than a glock as well.

If you're looking at plastic guns then also look at the Walther PPQ. I believe it meets your requirements in the original post, can be had for around $515, is not a glock, and is a great firearm. See my previous post on the PPQ. I would rate it above the Glock and H&K P30.

TheWombat

Why would you prefer the 92FS over the 92A1? I would love to have a 92A1 with TFO sights.

I like the original version. Don't need the rail or different sights or whatever other "upgrades" they have done to it.