Pizza Bob

USPSA - Shongum 01/07

I know that it's a long way off and much could change between now and then, but the extended forecast currently is calling for mostly sunny and temps in the 40's. If they have it, I'm going. I intend to "blood" my Steyr M9-A1. And AS350driver is in, also. Anybody else going?

Adios,

PIzza Bob

If the weather holds and it's not too windy for Ron, I'll be there. I'd like to check out that Steyr M9-A1. It's a nice pistol but doesn't fit my needs right now.

Mike:

You are welcome to, but you seemed to do real good with your HK at the ......shhhhhhhh.....idpa match...last month.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

From what I hear, there will be no match on Jan 7th in Shongum. Is there a match or no?

Thanks for the info.

Ryan

I don't know where you heard there would not be a match. It is scheduled and we have shot January and February matches in the past. It all depends on the weather and field conditions. Right now the long-range forecast (guess) is favorable with no snow predicted and mild temps for 1/7. Ron will send the email on Sunday night and make the final decision by Friday evening. If you are planning to attend, please post here. It could affect Ron's decision to have the match if people are going to attend despite chilly temps.

Damn, I am covering for someone that day. But I hear this talk about two matches in one weekend so, depending on the sunday steel match that I am guessing is OB, I am hoping to make that instead.

Sat is uspsa shongum. Sun is uspsa cjrpc.

Sat is uspsa shongum. Sun is uspsa cjrpc.

Don't forget the normal match at OB on the 1st was moved to the 7th, so there is a Steel match at OB that weekend also. Gives an additional event for that weekend, just remember the OB matches for the winter months at least for the 1st Sunday normally (Static Steel and second Saturday are at the indoor range and not the outdoor range. Also it's frangible ammo only and they will have 9mm .40 and .45 for sale at cost.

One last not for the steel people, the 3rd Sunday of the month match at OB is at the outdoor range weather permitting. It's only the first 2 WCS matched that move to the indoor range.

The January Match is Saturday, January 7th. Pistol match is 100 rounds. Registration is 9:30am. Help with setting up and packing up is always needed and appreciated.

There will be a shotgun side stage after the pistol match of 14 rounds birdshot 71/2 or smaller.

NOTES:

1. If you plan to attend, reply to Ron Gumann at [email protected] and let him know by Thursday, January 5th, 8AM.
  2. If you are new and need the safety briefing be there by 9am and let Karen know at registration.
  3. If the match is cancelled for weather, Ron will send out an email notification around 5pm on Friday and it will be posted here.

For the shotgun stage, how many rounds can we expect per target array? I assume I will need my 870 to be competitive, but it would be fun to shoot my 3-shot capacity autoloader...

This is more of a fun stage. I shoot an 870 but either of your shotguns will work. There are no arrays, just shoot 'em as you see 'em and reload as needed. Participates use a variety of shotguns from semi-autos set up for competition to stock pumps.

Hi All,

I am coming to meet the Col. to pick up some of the steel targets....I plan on brinign ear protection ... (lol)...any chance to watch some of the competition as a spectator?

thanks

Nick

Hi All,

I am coming to meet the Col. to pick up some of the steel targets....I plan on brinign ear protection ... (lol)...any chance to watch some of the competition as a spectator?

thanks

Nick

I'll see you there. You can watch our squad shoot the match. Hell...I'll let you paste targets.

I'll see you there. You can watch our squad shoot the match. Hell...I'll let you paste targets.

Damn this sounds like work..................................................................... :keeporder:

Hey Nick, why don't you dive right in and shoot the match with us? :)

ohhhhh..........I dunno about that....LOL........

I'm not a jump right in kinda guy without knowing the ropes......you should see me online for a roller coaster.....LOL......

......I dont want to screw someone up, or make a grievous safety and or operational error etc.........

I'll enjoy it more if I can see the lay of the land, as they say and see how it all works...whats needed etc....

I am looking forward to Saturday....I gotta be back in Vernon at aroun 130 +/- ish as I am teaching a class....but hope to see some good stuff earlier...

Tomorrow's forecast is 49 degrees and partly sunny. The morning will be 30 degrees so be ready for that. A day like this in January is a gift. If anyone wants to jump in to USPSA, let me know. I will start the safety briefing early in order to give you a greater degree of comform. As many will tell you, Shongum is a good place for your first match.

Tomorrow's forecast is 49 degrees and partly sunny. The morning will be 30 degrees so be ready for that. A day like this in January is a gift. If anyone wants to jump in to USPSA, let me know. I will start the safety briefing early in order to give you a greater degree of comform. As many will tell you, Shongum is a good place for your first match.

I plan to make the trip out tomorrow morning, I didn't know if I'd be able to so I haven't emailed Ronald. Is that going to be an issue? First time USPSA shooter, but I've been shooting IDPA for a year or so now, Static Steel once or twice.

Can't wait! Finally zeroed the new sights on the Sig. Also chronoed the slightly shorter loads and they're consistently shooting over 1100fps(124gr) so hopefully no more steel dropping problems for me.