Underdog

New Ruger SR22

Have you looked a the GSG 1911-22, I have one and it's a great gun. I did some work on it before I ever shot it, not sure if it was needed but it made me feel better. I changed the front sight to a DP Fiber Optic and the guide rod to a stainless steel one. I have a DP rear adjustable sight on order and will put that on next, I'll have to do a little fitting, but I think I will be done with the the work on the gun after that. Great feel, fit, and trigger for a factory trigger. Just putting an option out there for you to look at.

I was thinking about that but ended up buying M&P15-22 so that covered me for the 22lr. so I opted for the RIA 1911 Tactical in 9mm. I will have to take a look at the 22lr. 1911's again. Definitely want to see and play with an SR22 and M&P22. We should have a 22lr. night at shore shot! Everyone can bring whatever they have in 22lr. and a bunch of ammo each and we can all pass around and have some fun.

-Scott

Just picked one up yesterday. It's lots of fun to shoot. Put almost 200 rounds of Federal bulk ammo through it right out of the box, and it was flawless.

awesome! i love that it works great with bulk ammo. all the reports i read from the p22 are that it is picky with ammo. much like alot of the .22lr guns. i hate spending 10 bucks or more on 100rds of .22lr. kinda defeats the purpose

awesome! i love that it works great with bulk ammo. all the reports i read from the p22 are that it is picky with ammo. much like alot of the .22lr guns. i hate spending 10 bucks or more on 100rds of .22lr. kinda defeats the purpose

I can tell you the p22 I rent will run ok on golden bullets, though on the last round it doesn't always strip the round from the mag. I don't know if this is bad ammo, bad mag, dirty gun, or all 3 though.

I am trying to decide between the Sr22 and m&p 22 for my first 22 though.

Well - I looked at the SR22 and the various reviews. Thought this would be a nice example of a modern day 22 pistol to add to my small pistol collection. After holding it, I decided that it was just too small for my liiking and I opted for a S&W M&P22. One of these days I Will find a Ruger that is comfortable in my hand, but so far it's not been the case. I seem to enjoy holding the S&Ws more.......

I finally got to feel one of these tonight. It is small, same size as a Walther P22, but I knew that. The feel, safety, and slide lock felt so much better than the P22 however, and the sights were 1000x better. Going to get my hands on a m&p 22 tomorrow and see how that feels.

I finally got to feel one of these tonight. It is small, same size as a Walther P22, but I knew that. The feel, safety, and slide lock felt so much better than the P22 however, and the sights were 1000x better. Going to get my hands on a m&p 22 tomorrow and see how that feels.

feels damn good

I tried the Ruger SR22 this past weekend (borrowed from the stranger in the port next to mine) I only shot 10 rounds, but my impressions were very favorable. The gun seems very small and feels very light (total opposite of my GSG 1911-22) but I loved it too.

(I removed magazine disconnect on the gsg, but not sure if easy/possible to do the same on the ruger)

Please forgive my ignorance. I am just getting neck deep into this stuff. I just got mt FID and looking for my first gun which will be a .22lr pistol. I know the Mark III is a great gun from all I have read. I just can't get past the looks. It's just not appealing to me. Even though it's reliable I still want it to appeal to my eyes. I have watched several video on the SR22P and the reviews are very good. The other pieces I'm considering are the M&p 22, sig P225 Classic 22, Sig Mosquito.

As a novice can someone explain to me in more detail why all the hub bub over the magazine disconnect and safety? I would think not having a working trigger when the gun is idle would be a pretty good dsafety feature. I apologize for the ignorance. On the OP topic, so far this gun is the front runner for me. I'm going to head to Shore Shot today in the hopes they have it in their rental arsenal

Please forgive my ignorance. I am just getting neck deep into this stuff. I just got mt FID and looking for my first gun which will be a .22lr pistol. I know the Mark III is a great gun from all I have read. I just can't get past the looks. It's just not appealing to me. Even though it's reliable I still want it to appeal to my eyes. I have watched several video on the SR22P and the reviews are very good. The other pieces I'm considering are the M&p 22, sig P225 Classic 22, Sig Mosquito.

As a novice can someone explain to me in more detail why all the hub bub over the magazine disconnect and safety? I would think not having a working trigger when the gun is idle would be a pretty good dsafety feature. I apologize for the ignorance. On the OP topic, so far this gun is the front runner for me. I'm going to head to Shore Shot today in the hopes they have it in their rental arsenal

I'm assuming you applied and recieved at least one pistol/handgun permit as well? That's outside of the FID process and procedure.

Good deal. As far as the mag disconnect safeties, many folks have an issue or concern with not being able to fire a gun without a mag in-place, as well as the inability for the mag to just fly-out as it will with the disconnect removed. I've never had a concern and prefer the adding safety.

Good deal. As far as the mag disconnect safeties, many folks have an issue or concern with not being able to fire a gun without a mag in-place, as well as the inability for the mag to just fly-out as it will with the disconnect removed. I've never had a concern and prefer the adding safety.

Thanks for the info Ray! Much appreciated!

Have you looked a the GSG 1911-22, I have one and it's a great gun. I did some work on it before I ever shot it, not sure if it was needed but it made me feel better. I changed the front sight to a DP Fiber Optic and the guide rod to a stainless steel one. I have a DP rear adjustable sight on order and will put that on next, I'll have to do a little fitting, but I think I will be done with the the work on the gun after that. Great feel, fit, and trigger for a factory trigger. Just putting an option out there for you to look at.

I went to Shore Shot today. They didn't have much in the way of 22's but they did have the GSG so I grabbed that. I really liked the way it felt other than the FTF's I had. That was nerve wracking for me because I never dealt with them. The range master seemed annoyed. After the forth, I just took the chance of clearing myself. I had 6 out of 100 rounds.

I asked about the SR22P and they told me they have 20 on back order already

I went to Shore Shot today. They didn't have much in the way of 22's but they did have the GSG so I grabbed that. I really liked the way it felt other than the FTF's I had. That was nerve wracking for me because I never dealt with them. The range master seemed annoyed. After the forth, I just took the chance of clearing myself. I had 6 out of 100 rounds.

I was their two months ago and they had the colt .22 1911

If he was that friggin' annoyed, he should have offered to take the gun from you and have it cleaned. It would have taken less that 10-minutes for a quick clean and lube and would have allowed for your day to be a better experience as well as his. Six out of 100 mishaps is a disgrace and they should have been embarrassed the gun had failed that often.