Ray Ray

Red Ryder, say it ain't so

Well, my pops gave me and my daughter a gag gift this year. A Red Ryder BB gun. He had forgotten about the one I have from when I was a kid but It was a cool gift. After giving it a once over, I noticed a few things. First, it's not as nice as my original one. Second, it's made in China. Yes, China. Yup, CHINA! My original is made in the good ole US of A.

It's kind of sad that the BB gun that started most kids gun handling habits and skills has now moved on to being exported. It stared in the greatest Christmas movie of all time, and is now made over seas. It's a sad sad day for me.

Sorry, meant to put this in the "Made in USA" section. Mods please move.

My poppop, a huge fan of the movie, "A Christmas Story" actually had a Red Ryder from when he was a kid in the 1930s. And I will say this, the thing has held up beautifully. I've never shot it, but other than the darkening of the wood, there isn't a spot of rust on it, and it looks fantastic. I'll be interested to see how long this Red Ryder from China lasts.

I bought one for my kid too, it was only $30 at Dicks. I would have gladly paid double that if it were made in the USA.

Me and my old man said the same thing.

Jared, it's on boy!

Crossman is now made in China as well. It's all very sad to see all the great American Icon's moving their factories overseas. 80% off all Penn reels are now made in China. I wonder if we will ever see any of these companies return manufacturing to the US?

I would think not! Sad to say, but I think many American workers have priced themselves out of the global market.

Hard to compete when kids are the labor and making pennies a day.