Ray Ray

Lehigh Valley clay shoot meet-up

For you guys that gotta call-out of work, DO IT! I can hear you coughing from here............ ;)

I went there last Friday, holy-cow was IT PACKED! I never had to wait there, ever. We had a 2 hour wait to get onto the course. Of course, it was worth it. Shot both courses with my buddy. It was his first time, it won't be his last, he loved it! Got done with the last two stands just before 5, it was getting dark and cold fast.

I have heard weekends get busy there, I have always been there during the week. I'm good to go just about any day you guys wanna do it.

Ha, how many targets you want to shoot at? Last two times I went I used just about 500 shells............... ;)

If you shoot one course (A or B) it is 100 shots. I let my wife and newbies "cheat" and take two extra shots per station. We are allowed two free birds to "look at" so we now where they are coming-from. There is nothing to stop you from shooting at them. So, with that being said, you can take a possible 134 shots per course.

Now, there are certain stations that are really fun to do simultaneous shots, so I will do some extra practice at those stands.

There are some stands that are incredibly tough, so I will take extra shots at those stands to try and figure-out how much lead they need. There are some I still can not hit darn it!

Then there is a stand on the easy course (B) that has a rabbit and my wife will take a lot of extra shots there just because it is fun.

So, bring at least 150 and you will be set. One hundred is the minimum you will need though.

You don't want to run out and can always take the extra ammo home. They charge .35 a target over the 134 (if you are by yourself) or 100 if shooting in a group. I go to have fun. I have no problem taking 300+ shots a day with my gun. :)