woodentoe

Lake island question

I'm a man in waiting for my ppp and NJFID. My first purchases are going to be a semi auto .22 pistol (mk I-iii, or a mosquito)

does anyone happento know what the hours of access are at Lake island? I'm drawn towards obpr or cj because they are 24/7 access indoors and I work inconvenient hours and have small kids

The price is certainly right, but I'd like to know that I can actually get some time on a lane.

Thanks

Is the neighborhood a little sketchy over there? The fact it is residential may explain why I haven't found it driving around. Lol

It's a nice neighborhood, and it's towards the end of Maple on the left side, if you pass Jon Street or get to the park turn around and it will be the first place you can pull into after you pass Jon street again but this time on the right. :icon_mrgreen:

Just some other info about it.

It's a 25 yard ONLY range.

No more than 5 bullets in a magazine at a time

you need to pass a " accuracy " test to join, i think it was something like 25 consecutive shots on a target paper @ 25yrds

PM " John Fox " for more info, he is one of the board members there.

back then you could guest them in w/o any fees. just sign in log book, and it was the honor system.not sure if policy changed. PM John Fox from here to inquire. you could also go to the website. http://www.lakeis.org

btw, i made that website years ago. I see they haven't changed much.

True that the five shot limit is...limiting. But, I'm a new shooter, need a lOt of Practice, and $60 a year for 24 hour access ten minutes from my house sounds awfully appealing. Any idea on the guest policy?(spouses, kids, friends)?

Your right, for 60 bucks it's a fine deal especially it's proximity to your home, but I know I would outgrow a range like that very quickly. I will say about this time last year I never even heard of USPSA, World Class Steel, OBRAMS, IDPA etc,. Eve for a the first 2 month of last year I just shot shooting at a piece of paper at Shore Shot, yes it was fun, but the drive started to get to me with their hours and when I had to be home for my daughter getting out of school so I spent about an hour, maybe 2 per week there.

I at first didn't look at OBRPC due to the initial cost of joining, well that lasted until March, I joined, got out to the USPSA match at the end of March, well that was an eye opener, first time rapid fire, first time shooting on the move, man that was lots of fun coming from what I had done before. Then I found OBRAMS, USPSA style but with 22LR's. Now that about the most fun you can have with a 22. Then Steel, very cool, both static with 5 targets, and knockdown with many targets, and they make noise when you hit them, add in more fun for that.

Now I am shooting as many matches I can make it to, I even started rolling my own ammo, all within a year of starting this sport and it would not have happened if I didn't join a club like OB or CJ, then add in the forum here, many of us meet for the matches and shoot together, so it does become a very friendly thing to do and did I say a lot of fun.

So with that being said and you know I offered to bring you to OB when our schedules work out, I will say, I would seriously consider a club like OB over a simple range any day of the week. Yea it's some coin the first year, but it is worth it, very much worth it.

Thanks for reminding me about your offer. I'm very keen to take you up on it. I was holding off until I got my NJFID and ppp so I could come with my own pistol. I want to keep my options open with regards to joining right now. I'm very excited to come to OB and observe a match or two.

Your right, for 60 bucks it's a fine deal especially it's proximity to your home, but I know I would outgrow a range like that very quickly. I will say about this time last year I never even heard of USPSA, World Class Steel, OBRAMS, IDPA etc,. Eve for a the first 2 month of last year I just shot shooting at a piece of paper at Shore Shot, yes it was fun, but the drive started to get to me with their hours and when I had to be home for my daughter getting out of school so I spent about an hour, maybe 2 per week there.

I at first didn't look at OBRPC due to the initial cost of joining, well that lasted until March, I joined, got out to the USPSA match at the end of March, well that was an eye opener, first time rapid fire, first time shooting on the move, man that was lots of fun coming from what I had done before. Then I found OBRAMS, USPSA style but with 22LR's. Now that about the most fun you can have with a 22. Then Steel, very cool, both static with 5 targets, and knockdown with many targets, and they make noise when you hit them, add in more fun for that.

Now I am shooting as many matches I can make it to, I even started rolling my own ammo, all within a year of starting this sport and it would not have happened if I didn't join a club like OB or CJ, then add in the forum here, many of us meet for the matches and shoot together, so it does become a very friendly thing to do and did I say a lot of fun.

So with that being said and you know I offered to bring you to OB when our schedules work out, I will say, I would seriously consider a club like OB over a simple range any day of the week. Yea it's some coin the first year, but it is worth it, very much worth it.

Thanks for reminding me about your offer. I'm very keen to take you up on it. I was holding off until I got my NJFID and ppp so I could come with my own pistol. I want to keep my options open with regards to joining right now. I'm very excited to come to OB and observe a match or two.

Check out the Steel and USPSA matches they have thins month at the OD range as well as any of the others that might interest you. During matches you can come take a look, just bring eye and ear protection and also keep a look out for threads on member of the forum meeting up so you can meet some of us in person and get the nickle tour. The events are posted in the monthly newsletter/calender in the OBRPC link in my signature.

True that the five shot limit is...limiting. But, I'm a new shooter, need a lOt of Practice, and $60 a year for 24 hour access ten minutes from my house sounds awfully appealing. Any idea on the guest policy?(spouses, kids, friends)?

Considering that the club/range is in the residential area, I find it difficult to believe about the 24hr range access - would anyone be able to confirm this?

Thanks