Parker

Okla. Woman Shoots, Kills Intruder: 911 Operators Say It's Okay to Shoot

The operator didn't say it was ok to shoot.

The operator said "Do what you need to do to protect the baby". While it amounted to the same thing, it's too bad 911 can't aprise a person of their right to self protection by any means. "If this intruder enters your home, you may use deadly force to protect yourself.

I don't think she'd end up in jail. She is cornered in a room with her child so she cannot flee. She is on the phone with 911. Not only did they break in the house but the made it a point to kick down the door to the room she was hiding in and were armed with a knife. Even in nj I would think that's a clean kill.

I don't think she'd end up in jail. She is cornered in a room with her child so she cannot flee. She is on the phone with 911. Not only did they break in the house but the made it a point to kick down the door to the room she was hiding in and were armed with a knife. Even in nj I would think that's a clean kill.

There isn't a prosecutor in any state that would pursue charges against such a sympathetic person as this. A mom with a young child vs two armed adult male intruders. That's a guaranteed way to lose your prosecutor's gig and to torpedo your career.

There isn't a prosecutor in any state that would pursue charges against such a sympathetic person as this. A mom with a young child vs two armed adult male intruders. That's a guaranteed way to lose your prosecutor's gig and to torpedo your career.

I agree,it was also reported that her husband had died on Christmas from cancer. No one in their right mind would pursue this case.

Most women are crazy as is, but a mother protecting her baby? that guy didn't stand a chance! good for her! sucks about the recent issues she's had tho..

Here's another home invasion, this time it was a 14yr old boy protecting his sister..

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t3#/video/crime/2012/01/03/dnt-teen-calls-911.wral

Yea, in nj she would be screwed

Criminally, in NJ, she would have been immune to prosecution under our castle laws, but yeah, in civil court, she's fair game. I still believe that in any state, no jury would award damages to the family.

in Oklahoma she's in the clear. Their castle doctrine protects you in civil court too.

Here's an exerpt.

E. A person who unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter the dwelling, residence, occupied vehicle of another person, or a place of business is presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence.

F. A person who uses force, as permitted pursuant to the provisions of subsections B and D of this section, is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force.

Criminally, in NJ, she would have been immune to prosecution under our castle laws, but yeah, in civil court, she's fair game. I still believe that in any state, no jury would award damages to the family.

in Oklahoma she's in the clear. Their castle doctrine protects you in civil court too.

Here's an exerpt.

Good looking buddy q

My biggest concern after reading that article is....I sure hope the babys hearing wasn't damaged from the shotgun.

I hope it wasn't but I'm sure that hunting knife would have done more. The way these guys acted they were looking to harm her. If they were just robbing her they would have snatched and ran or left when they were noticed. She was on the phone with 911 so if they were just after items they would have ran.

I hope it wasn't but I'm sure that hunting knife would have done more. The way these guys acted they were looking to harm her. If they were just robbing her they would have snatched and ran or left when they were noticed. She was on the phone with 911 so if they were just after items they would have ran.

Oh I completely agree with you. Going deaf is better than going dead. Fortunately nobody innocent was hurt. Any guilty getting hurt? I couldn't care less.

She's going to be fine. Oklahoma has a well-written castle doctrine and she couldn't have done any better. She lives in a very rural area, and even though police were immediately dispatched, they couldn't get to her before the BG gained entry. She was on with 911 the entire time, the BG was fully in her home, and she fired one lethal shotgun blast. BG#2 hauled his fata$$ outta there after he heard the blast and later turned himself in. That is one cool-under-pressure young lady, especially being that young, with child, and losing her husband to cancer just days before. The police had to confiscate her shotgun until their investigation is over, but our fellow gun enthusiasts have provided her with a replacement. A local bank is taking donations, gifts, etc. for her. I very happily contributed this morning to that young lady and her baby boy.

There isn't a prosecutor in any state outside of The People's Republic of New Jersey that would pursue charges against such a sympathetic person as this. A mom with a young child vs two armed adult male intruders. That's a guaranteed way to lose your prosecutor's gig and to torpedo your career.

Fixed!

I was about to post this. According to this article, she was told to wait until he was in the house to shoot too.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/04/9948522-911-to-teen-mom-who-killed-intruder-protect-your-baby

She's pretty, considering her alone state they were probably going to rape her. They also killed two of her dogs previously.

Not to be a jerk.. I wonder how old her husband was to have a kid and die of cancer with a wife of 18.

I was about to post this. According to this article, she was told to wait until he was in the house to shoot too.

http://usnews.msnbc....otect-your-baby

She's pretty, considering her alone state they were probably going to rape her. They also killed two of her dogs previously.

Not to be a jerk.. I wonder how old her husband was to have a kid and die of cancer with a wife of 18.

Holy sh*t, don't make the mistake to read the comments... there are so many of the type "good for her, but i hope her guns are registered" or BS like that....

Holy sh*t, don't make the mistake to read the comments... there are so many of the type "good for her, but i hope her guns are registered" or BS like that....

Im almost 100% certain that the law enforcement agency investigating the case has already checked her weapons. Im sure if they werent registered; she wouldnt be on the news showing the shotgun she used to get rid of the intruder.