Krdshrk

MLK Day - OBRPC Meet?

I'll bring my thrower in the morning. It's a Trius Pedal Trap, the safest one there is on the planet! You can even launch birds by yourself! Wait till you guys see it working!

I might be able to borrow a second one (a Lincoln) from a friend of mine.

Cylinder bore (open choke) with a hallway gun (18.5" tube) doesn't work too well with clay birds, as they tend to fly right through the open pattern. The 870's & 1100's will do the job well. I'll bring my S&H Greenstamps special that I use and it will do fine!

Be glad to help-out!

Dave

• Like 1

Harry, gimme a holler sometime. I can show you how to setup and use my thrower so you can bring it over to the range with you. Not sure what time I will get there but you guys can have fun using it. You know how far I live from you. ;)

I'm in. I would really like to meet some of you guys. I would also like to shoot an 870, i've been looking at the express at Dicks

but haven't made the move yet. I'll bring some shells and clays. Also, I have some paper IPSC targets and some home made

stands I'll bring. I also have a timer and just picked up a chrono if anyone is interested in testing their hand loads.

KMill - are you a member? Just trying to hash out who's members and how many guests we can take.

Hi guys,

I am new to the NJGF and I was wondering if there was room for a guest to participate. I only have a hand gun but I would like to see what types of rifles you guys use to help me decide which one to buy/build.

-Dino

It looks like we have enough members to guest you in. C'mon down.

Sounds like its gonna be a packed day. I think mike mentioned that at the last old bridge meeting they said they are expecting huge crowds on mlk day if the weather is decent, So maybe it'd be a good idea for a few guys to get there a bit earlier ( around 9am ) to ' claim ' some spots for us to use... Maybe a lane or two at the shotgun range, and a table @ the 50 yard range.

Fixed, my mistake - was editing things. Plus I coulda sworn you said you weren't going to make it - maybe my post-NJ2AS/FL CCW addled brain :)

nope, i'll be @ sunday steel and mlk day.

I wont be able to make the stuff yer face dinner thing tonight though

KMill - are you a member? Just trying to hash out who's members and how many guests we can take.

It looks like we have enough members to guest you in. C'mon down.

Hey NJ ZED,

Can one buy ammo and targets at the range or should I bring own? I have never been their before. Is anyone going to stop for breakfast in the morning before the range. I am definitely up for the earlier the better.

-Dino

Hey NJ ZED,

Can one buy ammo and targets at the range or should I bring own? I have never been their before. Is anyone going to stop for breakfast in the morning before the range. I am definitely up for the earlier the better.

-Dino

This is an outdoor range, no ammo or anything else sold here , hell... there isnt even electricity.

you can stop for breakfast before hand, there is a bagle store right near the light where you turn...

Bring lunch, ammo, warm clothes, guns, and plenty to drink.( targets would be good, most of us are bringing steel though )

This is an outdoor range, no ammo or anything else sold here , hell... there isnt even electricity.

you can stop for breakfast before hand, there is a bagle store right near the light where you turn...

Bring lunch, ammo, warm clothes, guns, and plenty to drink.( targets would be good, most of us are bringing steel though )

Sorry if this is a noob question but what type of steel do you bring? Do you use it as a traget?

Sorry if this is a noob question but what type of steel do you bring? Do you use it as a traget?

It's 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick AR500. But don't worry about bringing any steel. We have plenty for you to shoot at. Just bring ammo... LOT'S!

I'll probably get there about 8:30. I'll save us a spot on the 50 yard range, the pit just to the left of 50 yd range (That's a good pit to set up some mock IPSC stages)

and a spot or 2 at the shotgun area.

Dino71 if you want to shoot a bunch, I'd bring more than 100 rounds. You can shoot 100 rounds in under 10 minutes if you try.

I'll bring my thrower in the morning. It's a Trius Pedal Trap, the safest one there is on the planet! You can even launch birds by yourself! Wait till you guys see it working!

I might be able to borrow a second one (a Lincoln) from a friend of mine.

Cylinder bore (open choke) with a hallway gun (18.5" tube) doesn't work too well with clay birds, as they tend to fly right through the open pattern. The 870's & 1100's will do the job well. I'll bring my S&H Greenstamps special that I use and it will do fine!

Be glad to help-out!

Dave

Appreciate that Dave, Thank you sir, see you Monday morning..

Harry, gimme a holler sometime. I can show you how to setup and use my thrower so you can bring it over to the range with you. Not sure what time I will get there but you guys can have fun using it. You know how far I live from you. ;)

Mike, if your going to SYF tonight and you were not planning on using it I can grab it from you then, if not I can always swing by your place Monday morning before I hit the range if you will be there, figure between 0845 and 0900.

Sounds like its gonna be a packed day. I think mike mentioned that at the last old bridge meeting they said they are expecting huge crowds on mlk day if the weather is decent, So maybe it'd be a good idea for a few guys to get there a bit earlier ( around 9am ) to ' claim ' some spots for us to use... Maybe a lane or two at the shotgun range, and a table @ the 50 yard range.

Well being we can't take over the range and it's for all of our use I don't see a problem with us filtering in, yes I'll be there a little early but the colder temp might keep a few people away, or at least wait to a little later in the afternoon when it warms up.

I'll have round plates, 5 of each, 12", 8", 6" and 4", stands for them to set up similar to Static steel, if you don't know what that is, we will show you, just be prepared to start a new hobby. :o

I'll have round plates, 5 of each, 12", 8", 6" and 4", stands for them to set up similar to Static steel, if you don't know what that is, we will show you, just be prepared to start a new hobby. :o

Can't wait for that. I have a feeling you might start a new addiction for me

Mike, if your going to SYF tonight and you were not planning on using it I can grab it from you then, if not I can always swing by your place Monday morning before I hit the range if you will be there, figure between 0845 and 0900.

I plan on going tonight BUT the thower is too big to put inside a car and there is no way I will leave it in the back of my truck in New Brunswick (you know what I mean).

As mentioned before I only have a hand gun...is 100 rounds enough? Perhaps I should buy another box? :nyam:

Bring as much as you would like to shoot, 100 rounds is good if you want to shoot 100, 500 or a 1000 is good if you want to shoot that much or anywhere in between. Come out have fun. Remember eyes and ears and if you are new to any of it, we will walk you though it like a safety brief at a match and run each thing we do with the same safety rules we use in matches, just without the pressure of a match..

I plan on going tonight BUT the thower is too big to put inside a car and there is no way I will leave it in the back of my truck in New Brunswick (you know what I mean).

Got-cha, no big deal, Dave said he will come on by with some support supplies, will see you when you get there then..Call ahead for a lunch and coffee order we might need it ... :icon_mrgreen: