Krdshrk

MLK Day - OBRPC Meet?

hey im working on it. has anyone shot any of the group buy steel with an ar?

I haven't but other have, not sure what distances and what calibers but the steel I have I want to keep for Pistol and rimfire calibers. Pretty much the same stuff we would allow during a WCS match.

Bring as much as you would like to shoot, 100 rounds is good if you want to shoot 100, 500 or a 1000 is good if you want to shoot that much or anywhere in between. Come out have fun. Remember eyes and ears and if you are new to any of it, we will walk you though it like a safety brief at a match and run each thing we do with the same safety rules we use in matches, just without the pressure of a match..

Thanks hd2000fxdl, I see you are from Sayreville....I grew up their for a little while before I finished college and my parents still live in the same house. In my youth in I was in the US Navy (SeeBees) and it seemed we were shooting all the time, so much that I got sick of it (1911's, AR's/A203's that make really big booms and some 9mm. Can I get the address from the Old Bridge Rifle Club website? If you maybe wanted to meet at the McDonalds or the Bridgeway diner before then let me know.

I only get that when I do simunitions training. Grown men screeching like little bitches never gets old

Yup, sound just like a few other Friends of mine who are in LE when I have said, yea steel is fun, something nice about your target making noise when you hit it, their response, yea I know, I like it when they scream. Just kidding, aahhhhh I hope.... :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks hd2000fxdl, I see you are from Sayreville....I grew up their for a little while before I finished college and my parents still live in the same house. In my youth in I was in the US Navy (SeeBees) and it seemed we were shooting all the time, so much that I got sick of it (1911's, AR's/A203's that make really big booms and some 9mm. Can I get the address from the Old Bridge Rifle Club website? If you maybe wanted to meet at the McDonalds or the Bridgeway diner before then let me know.

Yup to check out the website, just click on the OBRPC link in my sig.. As far as meeting up, probably better at the club gate at the outdoor range. I'll PM you my number so if you don't hook up with one of the other club members we can bring you in.

I'd like to meet up with you guys would need to be guested in as well. I'll know a little closer to Monday if I'll be able to make. I can bring my AR, 590, and xd9 to shoot. And of course some ammo, will have to buy some since I'm low. Where do you guys usually buy your ammo in Jersey. I know it's cheaper to order buys definitely don't have the time to have it delivered.

Folks, remember this is not a club event, this is just a bunch of OBRPC members and some forum members who are meeting up for a day of fun, the main gate should not and will not be left open, remember rested the lock to 0-0-0-0 as you would normally.

Just wanted to remind all of us OBRPC members, this is our club and we need to treat it as our club as we would during a match or not.

• Like 1

I'd like to meet up with you guys would need to be guested in as well. I'll know a little closer to Monday if I'll be able to make. I can bring my AR, 590, and xd9 to shoot. And of course some ammo, will have to buy some since I'm low. Where do you guys usually buy your ammo in Jersey. I know it's cheaper to order buys definitely don't have the time to have it delivered.

Check out Dicks Sporting Goods, I think they might be running some specials and we do have a bunch of OBRPC members and we should have plenty of people who can guest you in even though we are only allowed 2 guest per member, we are good on guesting people in for a day of fun and to check out the club. Hopefully some of the guests Monday will like the place and decide it's time to just join, because sooner or later if your in the area, you will be. :icon_mrgreen:

Folks, remember this is not a club event, this is just a bunch of OBRPC members and some forum members who are meeting up for a day of fun, the main gate should not and will not be left open, remember rested the lock to 0-0-0-0 as you would normally.

Just wanted to remind all of us OBRPC members, this is our club and we need to treat it as our club as we would during a match or not.

Harry,

+1 for being such a Mench!

And members should wear their ID Cards or have them available. Harry--I changed the lock on the gate back to the "old style", making it easier once more to work the lock. SAME COMBO!

Our members are proud of THEIR Range, and this thread shows it! If any of you have any questions about what's O-K or what isn't, please refer to our one page of Range Rules, and if you think something that somebody wants to do sounds stupid, chances are that it is. Let common sense & SAFETY prevail & have FUN! After-all, it is OUR RANGE!

Dave

+1 been thinking about this place or cherry ridge.

Once you shoot here with our crew, you won't want to go anywhere else! Also, our Membership Committee does a great job bringing-in new members every second Sunday, at the Indoor Range starting at 9:00 am SHARP! Last Sunday approx. 20 folks signed-up. Commaraderie is rampant and encouraged. We've even had members drive to a Match forgetting everything at home and wind-up being able to stay & shoot thanks to the generosity of fellow members with loaned equipment & ammo. You can't beat that with a stick!

Dave

I've shot the steel already - futool's plates. Not mine yet but I'll be bringing it (hopefully).

Dick's doesn't have anything on sale right now but if you need some in a pinch, just list what you need.

I've got 9mm, .223/5.56, 7.62x54R, and 7.62x39. I need some 12ga birdshot.

Will be bringing my AR, PSL, SKS, 11-87, M500, Px4 and probably my 10/22.

I've shot the steel already - futool's plates. Not mine yet but I'll be bringing it (hopefully).

Dick's doesn't have anything on sale right now but if you need some in a pinch, just list what you need.

I've got 9mm, .223/5.56, 7.62x54R, and 7.62x39. I need some 12ga birdshot.

Will be bringing my AR, PSL, SKS, 11-87, M500, Px4 and probably my 10/22.

I need pretty much everything (9, .233, and 12). I'll pop by Dick's on Saturday and pick up some stuff.

Hopefully someone can help me get the AR sighted in properly.

I need pretty much everything (9, .233, and 12). I'll pop by Dick's on Saturday and pick up some stuff.

Hopefully someone can help me get the AR sighted in properly.

Might want to wait 'till sunday - may be on sale again (dunno - Henry - do you know? :D).

If you don't mind shooting steel cased .223, I can let you use some of my brown bear - just give me some cash for it.

I'll bring my spotting scope too. Do you know how you want it sighted in? regular 25/300 meter sight or improved combat (50/200)?

Might want to wait 'till sunday - may be on sale again (dunno - Henry - do you know? :D).

If you don't mind shooting steel cased .223, I can let you use some of my brown bear - just give me some cash for it.

I'll bring my spotting scope too. Do you know how you want it sighted in? regular 25/300 meter sight or improved combat (50/200)?

Never shot steel cased ammo through it. I'll see what I can pick up and I'll throw you some cash to shoot some to try it out.

I have no idea what the different sighting in methods are. You'll have to school me on that one. I guess whichever is better.

If you guys hear about a potential sale at Dicks this Sunday then spread the word!

Alright I'm definitely in...this sounds like too much fun to miss out on. Never shot clays or steel before so this will be new to me. Looking forward to learning more. The Dick's up this way isn't open on Sundays but I'll hit Dick's and Ramsey outdoor on Saturday and see what they have.

I'm confirmed. I'm in. I have a buddy guest and a female guest that would like to try shooting.

I have a box of clay, clay holder stand for "tactical shooting" and some resetting steel targets.

Nick, if you still need shells let me know. I have plenty!