MarkWVU02

North Jersey meet-up

Not trying to step on any toes but a north jersey meet up sounds like a great idea. Let's get some ideas rolling. I'm up for anything.

Someone mentioned Rutt's Hut...I'd be down with this. It's casual, cheap, delicious, and they serve beer. We wouldn't need reservations and could just pick a night and meet up (people could trickle in whenever). I live about 5 minutes away so I could check with them to see if there are any bad nights.

Let's float around some ideas and see what nights are good for everyone.

My buddy owns a bar in North Arlington called The Copper Mine Pub that we could also meet at. They don't serve food but we could order pizzas or whatever (he has menus for every place around him). He has 20 taps of microbrews that are always rotating. He gets some of the rarest beers around.

Another friend of mine owns a bar/restaurant in Wallington named Stingers that would also be a good spot. They would reserve us a table and wouldn't get mad if some people didn't show.

Well the ball is now rolling. Let's here some other ideas.

-Mark

Let me know your ideas guys. Like I said I'm game for whatever.

The CopperMine would be a great spot. The owner is a really great guy, I'm glad that business is going well for him, the Dogfishhead event last night was packed.

I've been good friends with Vito for quite some time now (used to work with him at the Rutherford Wine Shoppe). I go there a lot. Couldn't get there last night. If you go there often then we probably know each other. I think it would be a great spot for a casual meet up. It's great he's doing good...he's currently the number one beer bar in Jersey according to Beer Advocate. We could easily do a Wednesday night meet up and would have plenty of room.

I had suggested something on Rte 23 between 80 and 287, just so it's closer and centralized to the people coming from Sussex and Morris and Passaic county. People from Bergen Co can also jump on 80 or 287 to get there. People from Hudson (and parts of Essex) can take Rte 3 to 46 to 23.

I had suggested something on Rte 23 between 80 and 287, just so it's closer and centralized to the people coming from Sussex and Morris and Passaic county. People from Bergen Co can also jump on 80 or 287 to get there. People from Hudson (and parts of Essex) can take Rte 3 to 46 to 23.

Like I said I'm open for suggestions. Any places in mind?

We can also do more than one meet-up. Nothing wrong with getting together more than once.

How about the applebees in Butler/kinnelon on 23 North...also a chilis etc.....frank you can ride with me.....but please trim the stache.....

The Copper Mine is on the corner of Ridge Rd and Crystal St in North Arlington (right across the street from the entrance to the cemetery. The bar and Rutt's are both close to Belleville.

What's up with the NJ2AS meeting? I don't know much about it. Do I have to be a member or can I just check it out? I'd like to see what it's all about

The Copper Mine is on the corner of Ridge Rd and Crystal St in North Arlington (right across the street from the entrance to the cemetery. The bar and Rutt's are both close to Belleville.

What's up with the NJ2AS meeting? I don't know much about it. Do I have to be a member or can I just check it out? I'd like to see what it's all about

You don't have to be a member. I'm not a member and I'm just going to check it out. I'm good for Rutts and/or the Mine after the meeting.

Dinner at Rutt's doesn't take long. They get your food out real quick. It's deep fried hot dogs...they don't take long. If we go to the bar we could order pizzas when we leave the meeting and they'll prob get there right after we do. Either way works for me.