mda507

NJM ance

Hello all,

Quick question that I figured I could get a quicker answer about here.

Does anyone here have NJM for homeowner's insurance? If so, do they jack up rates if there are firearms in your home? Thanks for the help.

Have NJM for both Home & Auto, for the Home I have 500K in case of needing to rebuild the house and 250K for everything inside and no separate policy for firearms. I would if I had collectibles, but all my guns could be replace easily and maybe only 1 that stores don't really stock, but it's easy enough to get in short order.

Also the standard policy covers up to 1500 buck, and there is an option to increase that up to a max of 6500 bucks, not sure what that would cost, so if anyone had NJM and they have high value guns they want to cover I would look at alternative insurance coverage, one more in line with firearms as a standard if you feel the need. Also keep in mind, most people that have high dollar firearms probably have them in a safe thats good for an hour or more, so you have to weigh the cost vs. probability of something happening, and if so, would they survive a fire.

NJM offers a rider for firearms above what is normally covered. I need to look into the total amount they are willing to offer, but it's not expensive at all, and they don't want a list of what you have either.