Goal 1: Become more physically fit. (Passing score on APFT) Back when I was Army Strong I would run miles and PT like a stud. Now I'm out of shape.

For my Age group that would be:

40 pushups in 2 min (Doable now)

50 sit ups in 2 min (Doable now)

2 mile run in 16:32 (not doable now)

Weight for my height would be 205#. I need to shed 20#

Goal 2: Learn to effectively use a revolver. (from concealment to include reloads)

Goal 3: Do some more combatives/MMA training. This is the MOST practical form of self defense, not everyone can be/needs to be shot.

• Like 1

focus more on PT, and cardio. Ever since I moved office to Princeton, have not had a gym where I can really do my mile swims. As a result.... some stuff started forming around my midsection, and went up to sized 34 pants. The truth moment..... yesterday, borrowed Jon's belt to shoot a stage at Shongum, could not get it around my waist.

May go back on P90X, but really have to go to PT to get my knee issues worked out.

so plans for this year... change gyms to a place with a 25' pool, more yoga, do p90x again.

all of this should translate into better gun game performance.

• Like 1

Goal 1: Become more physically fit. (Passing score on APFT) Back when I was Army Strong I would run miles and PT like a stud. Now I'm out of shape.

Goal 2: Learn to effectively use a revolver. (from concealment to include reloads)

Goal 3: Do some more combatives/MMA training. This is the MOST practical form of self defense, not everyone can be/needs to be shot.

Good! I really like that. Seriously.

• Like 1

yesterday, borrowed Jon's belt to shoot a stage at Shongum, could not get it around my waist.

:sarcastichand:

"I hope it doesn't fall off!"

As for me, I want to up my endurance and strength. My goal is to place 1st in any physical LE test.

• Like 1

Focus on cardio and endurance training. Im fine weight wise, 6'0 160lbs, but I need to get in a little better shape. If I could put on a couple pounds of muscle I wouldn't be opposed to it.

• Like 1

Regarding firearms, I want to really focus on pistols this year. I have always been a rifle-first fighter, but I really want to broaden my skillsets. I need to research this more before I make any specific goals though.

Physically, I want to maintain and improve upon what I've been doing for the past half year. Already dropped over 60 pounds since last June, but I want to lose another 15-20. I am able to run 5-6 miles on a decent 6-7 minute pace (I've never been a runner), but I want to strengthen back up.

I've always been a swimmer, and even when I was in the military I never really lifted-- so lifting is not really my thing. Instead I want to continue hitting the heavy bag and maintaining my obsessive core workouts; but get more serious about doing push-ups and utilizing my pull up bar. (Yea, if you couldn't tell, I hate gyms.)

I also need to remember to continue eating right, and not filling myself with garbage.

• Like 1

• Get back down to 72kg weight, 16% body fat and being fit. (For anyone looking to get fit, lose weight I can thoroughly recommend Power 90 and P90X DVD training series)
  • Shoot consistent 3" groups at 15 yards
  • Compete in at least 10 competitions

will leave it at that for now

TheWombat

• Like 1

Tosser, what are the APFT standards for a 6'3" 42 year old?

If you find somewhere close by I would love to start doing some MMA or Jiu-Jitsu too.

Tosser, what are the APFT standards for a 6'3" 42 year old?

If you find somewhere close by I would love to start doing some MMA or Jiu-Jitsu too.

Weight: 220lbs

Push Ups: 30

Sit Ups: 32

2 Mile run: 18:42