Darkmagik

Trainning ammunition (dummy rounds)

I was looking on google and I was looking for trainning ammunition also called dummy ammunition. What I want is a dummy round that can be loaded into magazines to help simulate a malfunction. This is something that has been used by me before, but that was a while ago and now I wanted to purchase some of these trainning rounds to practice more with rifles, but with a very unsuccessful internet seach I was hoping someone here can point me in the right direction of a website that sells them economically. Hopefully less than what is listed in the sight bellow. I want it to be entirely once color to show it is clearly inert. Thanks in advanced everyone.

http://www.stactionpro.com/223-cal-556mm-action-trainer-dummy-rounds-p-6.html

Check out the azoom snap caps. They have a soft insert in the primer cup that allows you to drop the hammer and not hurt your firing pin. Many use them for dry fire practice.

The orange plastic type seem to deform and get stuck in the chamber when the "rim" tears.

I have some azooms that seem to be holding up well.

That being said I find myself using the orange ones at the range and trashing them when they start to get deformed, and the azooms at home when dry firing.

The orange plastic type seem to deform and get stuck in the chamber when the "rim" tears.

I have some azooms that seem to be holding up well.

That being said I find myself using the orange ones at the range and trashing them when they start to get deformed, and the azooms at home when dry firing.

Agreed. The orange ones are a LOT more fragile. But, I don't mind losing them as much as I mind losing the azooms

The dummy rounds the OP posted are my favorites, as they hold up well to long term use. I have had to pry too many of the all plastic ones out of guns when the plastic rims get ripped off by the extractor.

Come to think of it yes the ones originally posted may be the best option, but does anyone know of a possible better price than 0.90 a round? I only want to buy a set thats for AR, AK, 9mm, and 45 acp, but I want 30 for AR, 30 for AK, 15 for 9mm, and 15 for .45 ACP. Anyone know where? Thank you everyone for the information.

You could try making your own from spent brass. I took some fired steel cases and drilled the primer out, then stuck a pulled bullet from a dud round in the front and filled the case with silicone sealant. Supposedly they could get stuck in the chamber of firearms other than the one the case was fired from, but I haven't tried. They fit my needs. I did this after my crappy orange plastic snap caps fell apart.

My buddy made me some with old brass and new bullets filled with sand to make them the same weight kept the old primer in so it had something for the firing pin to hit. We painted them neon pink easy to find, I mix them in with my mags on my hand gun when I shoot so I can practice malfunctions and see if I'm jolting or lifting the firearm

Haha I never like letting anyone load my mags but me. I usually place a training round randomly and play (insert number of magazines) pick up and loose count of what is where then I place them in my pouches then use accordingly. I found that on a 15 round magazine its good to simulate the 5th round, the 9th round, or the 11th round as good failure to feed senarios. The number round would be a fresh magazine so the number will vary depending on the magazine used.