Maksim

Daily humor thread

4 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

Totally fake. They didn't even bother to get a full uniform. I bet they got it at a cheap costume rental.

That was staged. They did a series of similar videos. Still love it. I'm pretty sure the real ones would lay you out no sweat.

For those that think standing guard is a BS assignment, try standing completely still for 20 minutes. Seriously, completely still. Without shuffling your feet. The guards switch posts every 20 minutes for a reason. The blood in your legs relies on a pump in the sole of your foot to pump the blood back up your leg  to recirculate. Stand completely still for too long and you will fall down. Add the uniform and rifle, you will fall sooner.

These guys are not messing around.

8 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

For those that think standing guard is a BS assignment, try standing completely still for 20 minutes. Seriously, completely still. Without shuffling your feet. The guards switch posts every 20 minutes for a reason. The blood in your legs relies on a pump in the sole of your foot to pump the blood back up your leg  to recirculate. Stand completely still for too long and you will fall down. Add the uniform and rifle, you will fall sooner.

These guys are not messing around.

No kidding...that is a tough job.  They can't even scratch an itch.  Reminds me a bit about this one time I had to go to Luxembourg for work.  A coworker and I spent a while over a weekend just wandering  around the old section of town.  He is Israeli but looks like an arab (swarthy, lets say). We take a turn down an alley into what turned out to be a gov't facility of some sort.  I couldn't read the small sign because it was written in German or Belgian or some such, but for all I knew, it could have said "trespassers will be shot dead"

One of those motionless guards in formal uniform was standing post outside the door.  I noticed his eye shift ever so slightly in our direction, and then his rifle slowly moved in our general direction.  I said to my friend "I think we should get the hell out of here...like now".  Not a guard to be played around with...and we were just walking around minding our own business.