Maksim

Daily humor thread

8 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Or today, in Great Britain. Fun fact: in GB and most of Europe less than 1% of buildings have A/C.

Temp at my house right now. We’ve been 100°+ every day for about a month now. 

I read a hospital in the UK that opened their doors and windows because it was so hot, and they didn’t have AC. 
Now, there are an assload of seagulls inside the hospital. 

0DA24D88-C776-40CE-A256-1F473CDE06EF.jpeg

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

I have former neighbors / friends that relocated down your way.  The wife was bitching about how hot it was and I asked her if it was too hot to swim in her new pool and she said yes.  :facepalm:

When we visited our friends in AZ south of Tucson and it was 100+ it was comfortable outside, as long as you were not in the sun. Of course that was with humidity below 15%

Curiously, after we'd get out of the pool we'd freeze, so we'd stay in the sun until we dried off. Then back in the shade!

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

When we visited our friends in AZ south of Tucson and it was 100+ it was comfortable outside, as long as you were not in the sun. Of course that was with humidity below 15%

Curiously, after we'd get out of the pool we'd freeze, so we'd stay in the sun until we dried off. Then back in the shade!

My point really was, and I didn't engage her on this, that most people don't have a pool, let along a brand new house with central air.  She just doesn't have a clue.

44 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

My point really was, and I didn't engage her on this, that most people don't have a pool, let along a brand new house with central air.  She just doesn't have a clue.

Right. I was just speaking to the power of low humidity.

Hey @Displaced Texan: your thermometer says 105° and 77% RH.

That equates to a 180° heat index! Good god!

Heat Index (weather.gov)

2 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Right. I was just speaking to the power of low humidity.

Hey @Displaced Texan: your thermometer says 105° and 77% RH.

That equates to a 180° heat index! Good god!

Heat Index (weather.gov)

Our humidity around here is about 40%. I don’t think that was reading correctly. 

A $50 Lesson:

Recently, while I was working in the flower beds in my front yard, my neighbors stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog.

During our friendly conversation, I asked their little girl what she wanted to be when she grew up. She said she wanted to be President someday.

Both of her parents, Democratic Party members, were standing there so I asked her, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?" She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people."

Her parents beamed with pride!
"Wow...what a worthy goal! I said "But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that!"
"What do you mean?" she replied.

So, I told her, "You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you $50.  Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house."

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and said, "It doesn't seem fair that I do all the work and give him the money.  Why doesn't the homeless guy just come over and do the work, and you can pay him the $50?"

I said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

Her parents aren't speaking to me anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4