ADK1113

H&R PArdner Pump

Hey Guys, It's my first time ont his forum so bear with me.

Does anyone else have a H&R Pardner Pump 12 gauge? Cus I love mine ( yeah, yeah I know it's a remington knock off) It works damn well for the most part and It eats all sorts of ammuition. The reason I ask is because i bought mine used, and everyonce in a while it seems to have trouble ejecting spent shells, When I operate the slide sometimes it clearly throws the shells away a good couple feet, but every once in a while i get a really anemic ejection where the shell barely falls out the receiver or even get a FTE and a double feed ( -_-....) any one hae any idea why this might be the case? thanks

PFC Kim

I shot an Pardner pump with a friend. We went through several box of ammo, different types. Bird shot, buck shot, and slugs. The gun worked great. One spent shell from the slugs did get stuck. IIRC he hit the buttstock againt the ground when he racked it and was able to free the spent shell. It worked fine before and after that one round.

never had problems with mine, great shotgun for the price, just so you know practically all the 870 parts fit her...

th_e80f670f.jpg

I agree. For the price it is a great gun. I think that most 870 parts will fit, but not the barrel.

Check to see if the chamber itself is rough. It is a known issue in 870's that can screw up shell extraction. You may need to get it honed out. I believe Jet Agent does it.

It's not an 870, not even close

It's a chinese knock-off and should be used as such. To knock-off with. I think you should contact the manufacturer on their website if possible.

It's a chinese knock-off and should be used as such. To knock-off with. I think you should contact the manufacturer on their website if possible.

Thats odd ray, Ive had one, in fact had this same issue, and resolved with a little polish. I sell them pretty often without complaint, and have had none come back for warranty work. They are a part to part copy with I believe 3 exceptions, that seem to run just fine. You do know that H&R's are built on Remington tooling, and the company is a sister company to Remington under the freedom group?

What first hand experience do you have with them?

Thats odd ray, Ive had one, in fact had this same issue, and resolved with a little polish. I sell them pretty often without complaint, and have had none come back for warranty work. They are a part to part copy with I believe 3 exceptions, that seem to run just fine. You do know that H&R's are built on Remington tooling, and the company is a sister company to Remington under the freedom group?

What first hand experience do you have with them?

I've seen them, shot them and played with them. It's fine if it's all you can afford. But it's NOT an 870.

Sell it and buy a real 870. I got mine used for a very affordable price.....870's are EVERYWHERE, and they're not expensive. I ran that gun hard, quite a bit too, and never had one issue with it at all. Ray can attest to how hard I ran that gun, hell he's the one that taught me how to run it :p

Sell it and buy a real 870. I got mine used for a very affordable price.....870's are EVERYWHERE, and they're not expensive. I ran that gun hard, quite a bit too, and never had one issue with it at all. Ray can attest to how hard I ran that gun, hell he's the one that taught me how to run it :p

Now I find out you beat the crap out of that 870... :o

Just kidding, heck it's an 870, they are good for it..

Now I find out you beat the crap out of that 870... :o

Just kidding, heck it's an 870, they are good for it..

If you don't want it, I'll gladly buy it back for the same price :D

His idea of hard isn't my idea of hard.

You may run your shotguns harder than I do, but at least I don't do this to my guns.....

1018112058.jpg

I'm sorry, i guess being made from china means it's only use should be to be " used as a chinese knock off".... what does that even mean?

it's a fine HD shotgun for my needs and yeah the chamber was rough, the ran a dremel and it works just fine now, thanks for the tip guys, and considering some of the newer remington 870s have noticable fit and finish issues at least I know what I'm paying for with the H&R.

I've seen them, shot them and played with them. It's fine if it's all you can afford. But it's NOT an 870.

and I'm sure you don't mean to, but MAN does that sound condesending, and no I can afford better and I have an older 870 that runs like greased lightning. I was just asking a question about a specific question about a specific weapon

it's a fine HD shotgun for my needs

So a pump shotgun that may not extract the spent shell before chambering a live round is good enough to you? Why settle for something like that when your life is on the line? That is just foolish.

• Like 1

i guess you didn't read the part where i wrote that it operates fine now that i dremeled out the chamber...

before i had that issue addressed it wasn't doing **** but just being a shooter, but now that it ejects properly i've got two HD shotguns =D

dude i love that muzzlebreak and nice trigger discipline =P

That's not me, that's Ray Ray.

If it works now, great for you. I just have a hard time trusting a gun that's sold for that cheap, and can easily come with reliability issues.

• Like 1

That's not me, that's Ray Ray.

If it works now, great for you. I just have a hard time trusting a gun that's sold for that cheap, and can easily come with reliability issues.

ehh SKS's are dirt cheap and utterly reliable for me too. i don't necessarily thing price is a deciding factor in how good a gun is, like i parroted before new 870s ezpecially the express magnums have serious issues and you still pay a premium for name brand, i know that H&R is built of remington tooling and except for that rough chamber issue it runs pretty good. i doubt i run my guns as hard as some of you guys but the way i figure it if it shoots and shoots reliably it'll do it well enoguh in a HD situation. (hopefully i won't ever have a HD situation where i need to run a shotgun as hard as i imagine some of you guys do)

ehh SKS's are dirt cheap and utterly reliable for me too. i don't necessarily thing price is a deciding factor in how good a gun is, like i parroted before new 870s ezpecially the express magnums have serious issues and you still pay a premium for name brand, i know that H&R is built of remington tooling and except for that rough chamber issue it runs pretty good. i doubt i run my guns as hard as some of you guys but the way i figure it if it shoots and shoots reliably it'll do it well enoguh in a HD situation. (hopefully i won't ever have a HD situation where i need to run a shotgun as hard as i imagine some of you guys do)

If it's good enough for you then that's fine.

• Like 1

Re H and R Pardner 12g pump failing to extract/eject.

I have just solved a problem like this on my own Pardner pump 28".

I noticed that the ejector (which ends up in an indent of the chamber when the barrel is correctly emplaced on reassembly after cleaning) appeared to be too proud of the surface of the sidewall of the receiver. The ejector projected too far into the chamber, physically blocking the chambered shell from moving rearwards, as the ejector jams the shell between it, the bolt face, the breech, and the extractor.

A gentle tap with a small punch reset the ejector back against the receiver wall so that there was only the usual small projection, enough that the ejector could now flick the case sideways, and the extractor could do it's part; grab and fling the case clear of the receiver.

Problem solved.

To stop this fault from happening, the shotgun must be carefully assembled, and the barrel guided slowly down so that the indent surrounds the ejector. If barrel is allowed to fall unguided into the receiver with a "Clank" the chances are great that some other part of the rear edge of the chamber will wedge the ejector off the receiver wall and too far into the chamber, with results as above.

This fault could also occur intermittently if the loosened ejector moves randomly in and out between shots...same jamming, usually resolved by "mortaring" the butt. Violence moves the ejector back..until it comes back out again some time later.

Regards,

John.