JaredC

Bullethole experience (thumbs down)

Just want to vent a little and explain what happened to see if anyone else on here goes through this type of stuff. Long story short, i took one of my buddys shooting tonight and the place was not crowded at all. I brought 2 shotguns and 1 rifle just to see what he liked because he is going for his fid card this week. The range officer there seemed to have a lot of comments for me....heres some of what i can remember there was so many

- Make sure the rifle is in the shooting area (the butt end was sticking out a little when i pulled it from my bag)

- no rapid fire (i was shooting a 12 ga pump with 3 shots in it and i pull it from my shoulder to rack it)

-no cameras (was checking a text message on my phone from my gf)

-shoot center mast (2 shots from my rifle were a little high on the paper neck and lower head area)

- something about me dipping my shoulder when i shoot my shotgun and i need to put my cheek on it firmly when i shoot it i just ok'd him

-put the target all the way at the back (no light back there and the draft makes the paper look like a flag it moves so much) so i had it up about 5 feet from the back wall but that was the problem

-dont shoot from the bench or something like that ((i think he ment resting and shooting off the plastic)) i literally bent my knees a little and leaned a little foward because i shot a 3 inch slug and wasnt expecting the recoil

once again the guy came off like a rude asshole and could of handled the situations better until the guy next to me even said he has a hardon for you which makes me think he just is a asshole and was messing with me.... i almost felt like telling him to mind his business about my shooting imperfection such as moving my shoulder but didnt feel like dealing with him talking back lol

soo what do you guys think?!?!????

Bullet Hole is the worst indoor range in New Jersey, arguably in the country. Too cramped, too many jerks, run by idiots, and ROs that love the power of being in charge. Spend your money elsewhere.

• Like 2

Bullet Hole is the worst indoor range in New Jersey, arguably in the country. Too cramped, too many jerks, run by idiots, and ROs that love the power of being in charge. Spend your money elsewhere.

i agree 100000% but for 20 bucks and 5 minutes away there is nowhere else i can shoot my rifles and shotguns.... im trying to convince my dad to open a range and gun store for me lol

i've only been there twice, and both times left alot to be desired.

super cramped, long waits, crabby ro's.

join a club.

local to bergen co and can shoot shotgun and rifle and i will sign rite up.....

The old guy usually gets me too. I take what he says with a grain of salt and laugh about it later. Im not going to let an RO ruin my range experience.

thats what i did.... i bit my lip when he goes center mast and i had 2 strays being i think my ring is bent a little cause i notice the rifle shoots right through the hairs... i go i think its the sights he goes ITS THAT BAD with that pussed look on his face like he was in shock

I haven't had a problem there. Been there twice. Once on a crowded sunday and just this past monday. Guy actually cracked a joke with me. (Maybe that means I need to lose a little weight, I don't know) Anyway, the range is one of the very few that exist around here. Call me an a**, but I feel that if you don't like it, don't go. Vote with your wallet. However, if you choose to complain on an open forum, which is your right, you may hurt their business. They are in business to make money and if they don't, they'll close. If they close, it's one less range that we'll have in the area. Is that something you want? I don't. Unless it is a gross offense, I just laugh it off. I mean, who really cares in the end. Maybe the guy can tell that he's getting to you and if you just ignore him, it'll make him go away.

Good luck. I like shooting there.

C

I haven't had a problem there. Been there twice. Once on a crowded sunday and just this past monday. Guy actually cracked a joke with me. (Maybe that means I need to lose a little weight, I don't know) Anyway, the range is one of the very few that exist around here. Call me an a**, but I feel that if you don't like it, don't go. Vote with your wallet. However, if you choose to complain on an open forum, which is your right, you may hurt their business. They are in business to make money and if they don't, they'll close. If they close, it's one less range that we'll have in the area. Is that something you want? I don't. Unless it is a gross offense, I just laugh it off. I mean, who really cares in the end. Maybe the guy can tell that he's getting to you and if you just ignore him, it'll make him go away.

C

sir with all due respect 97% of there business is from the local pd's.......local police went to there zoning board meetings to boast how great the place is etc etc etc...... im not badmouthing their business i am stating my experience with one of their employees

My point was that whatever crap he does, he seems to only do it to the younger (looking) folks.

BTW, I have seen him at Cherry Ridge. Not sure what he does there, but I saw him at a Sunday safety orentation.

once i get my pistols ill end up going to the paterson range then grab a beer at 3 in a row

C

I agree if you dont like a place dont go back but, this may have been his first bad experience there or his first time at this range. If a person has a bad experience some where and they back for more punishment then thats foolish of them. As far as posting about a experience people should express themselves and reader should take it as they see it and use their judgement on how to take that story. I appreciate everyone that comes on and "rants" about an experience because it gives me some what of a heads up what I may experience when dealing with a person or business. I would rather have that heads up then get blindsided because someone kept their experience to themselves.

• Like 1

C

I understand what your saying, but it doesn't make it right for them to run it like that. It's waaaaay to cramped. I'd say it's dangerous. And RO's at other ranges are not half as bad as a few there.

Jared, might be something with you, or a combination of both.

I will say though, my one time shooting at the Bullet hole, went there with a Smith Wesson 22 A, I had an RO lecture me that CCI Blazer ammo is garbage, that I should not shoot it there, and that I should go buy some Remington Golden Bullets.

It serves a purpose for alot of new shooters. Anyone who shoots more frequently, will find a private club to call home. I did feel the place was a bit small and claustrophobic, and this was 3 years ago. Right now, I would not go there unless it was just me. Some people who shoot at public ranges just scare me.

Some people who shoot at public ranges just scare me.

and you'd think since the RO's and the rules are so strict that this wouldn't be the case. But it's full of dumb rules and it's still more dangerous than most indoor ranges I've been to.

and you'd think since the RO's and the rules are so strict that this wouldn't be the case. But it's full of dumb rules and it's still more dangerous than most indoor ranges I've been to.

Exactly, but lets be serious, the RO cannot stop alot of the stuff... because how many shooters is the RO watching?

Even still, the RO is there to let you know if you are doing something wrong and to enforce the range rules... however there is nothing the RO can do to prevent Darwin and stupidity. The RO is not going to shoot for you.

The pits at CJRPC and OB = Winning. Pull in, berms on 3 sides, you are the only one there.

Invest a gun club membership, or at the very least, a club that has private member hours.

• Like 3

Exactly, but lets be serious, the RO cannot stop alot of the stuff... because how many shooters is the RO watching?

Even still, the RO is there to let you know if you are doing something wrong and to enforce the range rules... however there is nothing the RO can do to prevent Darwin and stupidity. The RO is not going to shoot for you.

The pits at CJRPC and OB = Winning. Pull in, berms on 3 sides, you are the only one there.

Invest a gun club membership, or at the very least, a club that has private member hours.

I'd +1 you but I'm all out sir.

Well, I for one have not had problems at the bullet hole,in fact they were running a "kids " night and I got the times screwed up,

showed up 2 hrs late, and they were very accommodating they allowed my son to shoot even though the event ended hours earlier.

and instead of saying sorry you missed it (which I could not blame them I screwed-up)

My wife,son and I were invited into the range they went over basic safety rules, and demonstration of the cricket rifle (the event co sponsor) and my son shoot a pretty good group.

As far as the old guy goes, he yells because he is Deaf (95%) but if you took the time to know him ,you would find as I have, He has a heart of gold.