JimmyAGR

New STI .45 Lawman

Picked up my new STI Lawman last night. This gun is solid. The fit of this gun is amazing, it is very tight. The first thing I noticed was how heavy it is. Weighs more then my Springfield GI model by what seems like quite a bit. I just stripped and cleaned it and will get to shoot it this weekend. I can't wait to see how this baby runs. I was told it would take 13 weeks, but it only took 6. Here are some pics.

Nice! I have a spartan in 45 and i feel its a hell of a nice gun for the money, i can only imagine the step up in quality the higher priced options must have. I only wish STI would get some more stainless options in thier guns (and not charge a fortune).

Nice! I have a spartan in 45 and i feel its a hell of a nice gun for the money, i can only imagine the step up in quality the higher priced options must have. I only wish STI would get some more stainless options in thier guns (and not charge a fortune).

Yeah the hard chrome at $300 is a bit much. Sure looks good though....

Yeah the hard chrome at $300 is a bit much. Sure looks good though....

Thats not a bad price this day and age, i paid 250.00 to have my baby eagle done back in 1989 or 90.

Alot of work goes into chroming a gun, the rails have to be clearanced along with a bunch of other moving parts. chrome takes up space..

Took the new gun out yesterday morning. Met up with Keith at CJ. The STI is very accurate, easy natural POA, nice adjustable tacticle sights. The trigger is very smooth and breaks crisp. I fed it about 80 rounds, every different type of ammo I had. She ate them all up, I used Samson 185 JHP's, Federal and Winchester 230 ball, and Speer 230 Gold dots. I even alternated each type of bullet in the magazine to try and make it hiccup. She ran great, not one issue and we blew apart a few bowling pins with it. The gun is very tight, no slop in fitment at all. The only thing that has any play at all is the grip safety.

The only issue I found was that the blueing of the slide there is slight shadows in it. Not really very noticble, but I am retentive like that :). I called STI and they gave me an RMA and said they would reblue the slide and make it 100 percent. So far I am extremly happy with the gun and STI's customer service. If anyone would like to try it out let me know.