Sign in to follow this  
winki

Painting a rifle stock

I have a black synthetic stock m1a (the scout version) and i'd like to get it painted in a nice camo pattern (i plan on taking it hunting out west). I know there are stencils and kits you can order online to do it, but i have never painted a stock before and i am not super excited about potentially messing up my $1600 rifle with some rookie mistake. Does anyone know of a pro (or semi pro) who does this kind of work here in the nanny state?

The way to go is hydrographics... last much longer, is prof and durable. This is how camo gets put on guns. And not too expensive... I priced out a m1a stock in urban digital camo and it was like $200

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Endless-Hydrographics-New-Jersey-Division/141005199244801

They are in Toms River area I think.....

Thanks for the info but I probably wont go with the hydrographics. While the rifle stock is pretty easy to remove on the M1A scout, the handguard is NOT. It's held in with some clips that upon inspection don't remove very easily. So.... I don't think dipping the whole rifle is going to be an option. Unless I can think of a way to get that handguard off without damaging my rifle.

youtube handguard removal.... way easy

I read you. I've already researched it. While removing an M1A handguard is easy, removing the handguard on the M1A scout is not that easy. I was hoping to paint this rifle without removing the handguard and save myself some trouble.

http://m14forum.com/modern-m14/94916-scout-squad-handguard-removal.html

I have an m1a scout mossy oak camo stock that I would sell you if you are interested. Send me a PM if you are interested in buying it. It's the factory stock that came off my m1a scout. Never had a round fired with it since I transferred the barreled action to a Troy stock after purchasing it.

I have an m1a scout mossy oak camo stock that I would sell you if you are interested. Send me a PM if you are interested in buying it. It's the factory stock that came off my m1a scout. Never had a round fired with it since I transferred the barreled action to a Troy stock after purchasing it.

I found a duracoat kit online that i am going to try. If i screw it up, i will defintely be sending you a pm.

I have a spare synthetic black stock as well as a spare urban digital camo stock for the rifle as well....

I put an m14 stock on my socom16....

For duracoat SURFACE PREP IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS....