Sign in to follow this  
MandM

RTSP - had a great day!

Hi All... just want to put in my $.02 on RTSP.

I went yesterday for the first time with 2 buddies and had a blast. It's not the closest range to me, but in my opinion it's the best choice. I'll most certainly be going back and am considering membership. (Yep... after 1 visit... it left that good of an impression on me.)

It's bright, spacious and didn't feel the least bit crowded (granted it was 2pm on Friday afternoon, but still). Even the range didn't feel cluttered or cramped. And it's nice with the shelves to lay out your stuff... wish more places were neat and orderly like that.

It almost still has that "new car" smell. The staff was pleasant, the RO was a great source of info and was great to talk (shout?) with while I was letting my buddies blast away. Ammo isn't the cheapest, but I've got a good size stockpile anyway... so it's not an issue for me.

Oh... and we met NY Jet Nick Mangold there! He was a nice guy, took pictures with the people that asked and didn't shoo anyone away. Dunno what he was shootin', but I can tell you that he's a HUGE dude. And, to everyone else's credit, after shaking hands and a few nice words and a picture or 2, everyone left him alone to shoot.

I had a great time! Can't wait to do it again.

I was just there today with two friends and we spent two hours there. We all had a great time as usual. Also met a different RO and he seemed pretty friendly.

the old guy? first time i've seen him. what time where you there? i was there at 9.

I feel that RTSP is disorganized . Once you walk in there isn't any direction. I watched 3 people get picked from the crowd, ahead of me for a range spot, and I'm a member.

OMG you have got to be kidding me!!!!

This can not be so,are you telling me the bellhop did not bring you to the red velvet roped shooting area as soon as you walked in??

no?? I suggest you upgrade to platinum membership.

I went there today for the first time. Let me tell you, I'd go back just for the D-lead soap. The place is really nice, and everyone is very helpful. I'd pay the extra 5 bucks and the extra 5 min drive so as not to go to BH. I do have a beef though, the soda machine was soldout and I was thirsty. Other than that place is pretty awesome.

I went there today for the first time. Let me tell you, I'd go back just for the D-lead soap. The place is really nice, and everyone is very helpful. I'd pay the extra 5 bucks and the extra 5 min drive so as not to go to BH. I do have a beef though, the soda machine was soldout and I was thirsty. Other than that place is pretty awesome.

Rumor has it,platinum members have there own washroom attendants and drink girls,Time To upgrade!!!!!LOL

I feel that RTSP is disorganized . Once you walk in there isn't any direction. I watched 3 people get picked from the crowd, ahead of me for a range spot, and I'm a member.

Thats your own fault for not stepping up and saying something. I'm a member there and have never had a problem. I walk right up to the counter and get my spot. Sometimes I have to wait and others I go right in. Either way, they know your there and waiting

Stopped in here to check it out. Was there at 2 on friday and the range wait was three people deep. Place is very nice, staff was friendly and helpful and the range was clean and modern. The only reason I don't think I'd go often is because they seem to already have more clients and/or members than they can handle.

Kudos to them for being very successful, but not worth an hour drive if I need to wait an hour plus to shoot.

Another plus: their firearm prices seem to be very competitive. I would buy there.

Hi All... just want to put in my $.02 on RTSP.

I went yesterday for the first time with 2 buddies and had a blast. It's not the closest range to me, but in my opinion it's the best choice. I'll most certainly be going back and am considering membership. (Yep... after 1 visit... it left that good of an impression on me.)

It's bright, spacious and didn't feel the least bit crowded (granted it was 2pm on Friday afternoon, but still). Even the range didn't feel cluttered or cramped. And it's nice with the shelves to lay out your stuff... wish more places were neat and orderly like that.

It almost still has that "new car" smell. The staff was pleasant, the RO was a great source of info and was great to talk (shout?) with while I was letting my buddies blast away. Ammo isn't the cheapest, but I've got a good size stockpile anyway... so it's not an issue for me.

Oh... and we met NY Jet Nick Mangold there! He was a nice guy, took pictures with the people that asked and didn't shoo anyone away. Dunno what he was shootin', but I can tell you that he's a HUGE dude. And, to everyone else's credit, after shaking hands and a few nice words and a picture or 2, everyone left him alone to shoot.

I had a great time! Can't wait to do it again.

I found RTSP's website a day before their grand opening and was able to get membership for $250 (regularly $350 unless you are a LEO). I live about 10 minutes away and usually go there midweek right around 10AM. I check their website before I go to make sure that I won't be competing with any classes for range time. I stay for around an hour and by the time I leave all ports are taken and there is a waiting line. They're doing a great business!

The entire staff is friendly and helpful, the facilities are great.

I was also there on the 14th around 10:45-11am with a buddy of mine (can't miss him he is a BIG dude). It was our first time there as well and it was a great experience. The place is very clean, the rage is awesome, endless selection to rent from, and the staff ( a lady helped us get all setup) was very nice.

I love that they post the prices of Ammo on the flat screen, but they are very expensive. I brought a 38 and 45 with me but once we saw the prices of the Ammo, didn't even bother. So we just shot my 9mm and .40 and only purchased one box per, because of the price of ammo.

1 Hour range time, 5 bottle cap targets, 1 50 rd box of 9mm, 1 50rd box of .40, we rented the M&P 15-22 w/ 100 rounds and the total was $120. The ammo is insanely expense there, a box of 9mm was just over $24 i don't remember exactly how much the .40's were but I'll bet close to $28. The targets were like $2.50 per which is also a bit expensive.

I will go back there even though I'm 45-50 min away (4-5 min away from Bullet Hole) as I loved the range and the staff was great and helpful. I will however be bringing my own ammo and targets this time. I did some research on ammo, even with shipping I would be averaging $13 a box of 9mm and $15 a box of .40 which is a huge savings and targets would be around .75-$1 each vs their $2.50.

SW99.

I did some research on ammo, even with shipping I would be averaging $13 a box of 9mm and $15 a box of .40 which is a huge savings and targets would be around .75-$1 each vs their $2.50.

www.sgammo.com has 115 gr 9mm Lawman for under $11/box including shipping if you buy a case of 1000. I prefer 124 gr and it's only a little bit more.

www.sgammo.com has 115 gr 9mm Lawman for under $11/box including shipping if you buy a case of 1000. I prefer 124 gr and it's only a little bit more.

I normally use the 115, is it a big difference between that and the 124?

Guys - if another range opened up-- maybe near Summit--with more shooting bays, what would you want that's different from RTSP? What's makes the perfect range?

More bays. No memberships. Cheaper ammo. More guns. More accessories. No indoor rifle/shotgun.

Got something in mind?

Guys - if another range opened up-- maybe near Summit--with more shooting bays, what would you want that's different from RTSP? What's makes the perfect range?

Definitely more bays. A wider selection of pistols and long guns. Memerships are good for people who want them, but maybe work around yearly memberships and do a 6 month membership. Or even sell #__ passes, where 5 passes is $__ and 10 passes is $__..you know? Not everyone wants to buy a yearly membership so it would be nice to be able to buy a pass for a bunch of times but not be strapped down for a year.

I was just at RTSP the other day. I found the range and the waiting area (which I waited in for an hour and a half) to be very nice. The selection for sale was very small. Rental inventory was good. Ammo prices are PURE RAPE!!! I mean, I know they need to make money, but taking advantage of people is complete b.s. I will not be returning for that very reason. It turned what could have been a phenomenal day into one I don't want to repeat.

So, for me, I would love something with decent lighting and ventilation and a lot of ports. Maybe, if it's feasible, make one side for long guns and one side for handguns. Fast, knowledgeable service. Onsite, conscientious 'smith. And realistic pricing. I mean seriously... 25 dollars for a box of 9mm that they force you to buy if you're renting. Maybe 18-20, but 25 is a frigging insult. Maybe it's just me. I don't know.

I would also like to see some kind of outdoor long range someplace a little closer, which might be a dream. Or, a 100 yarder indoors. There are a lot of old factories sitting unused in the JC area.

My wish list.

C