Go see PK90 at Arms and Ammo.. he has some stuff in stock that is all NJ legal..

You could even just get a lower from him then order a parts kit and build your own...

AR15 is the legos of rifles.. the options are limitless providing you follow NJ law..

Almost every manuf. makes some type of compliant AR-15. I have a Bushmaster M4 type carbine that is pinned and welded right from the factory and love it. I also have an Olympic Arms that is good also. Don't get carried away with all the bells and whistles that you can get. S&W makes a good version called the MP-15 sport I believe that is priced right. It doenst have a dust cover or forward assist but you really dont need them anyway.

If I was in the market I wouldnt hesitate for the MP sport. Some people will tell you that you need the dust cover and you need the f/o. But to tell you most people forget about the d/c anyway and never close it and the f/o just adds more parts to break. You can take your index finger and push the bolt up and accomplish the same thing.

If I was in the market I wouldnt hesitate for the MP sport. Some people will tell you that you need the dust cover and you need the f/o. But to tell you most people forget about the d/c anyway and never close it and the f/o just adds more parts to break. You can take your index finger and push the bolt up and accomplish the same thing.

index finger and push the bolt?

I am not sure how hard you run your guns.. but my 308 bolt would not close because it was dirty and being run hard.. simply pushing the bolt with my finger would have NEVER done it.. I had to slam the forward assist to get the bolt to close and continue to fire...

I would not use some peoples "bad habits" as a deciding factor of when to include or not include a feature..

it is totally up to the purchaser to make that decision..

it does not matter to me one way or another.. but they are only MARGINALLY more expensive.. and if you decide you want it later it is a pain in the balls to add..

You are talking about a different bolt design on a 308. If you look at a .223/.556 bolt there is and recessed part on the right side of the bolt that is exposed when the rifle is in battery. Thats where your index finger goes...its the way the designer intended it to be

Hey Saiga Whore I see where not to far from each other I see you have Atl.Cnty. listed.I shoot at Cumberland and USANA on occations

I WAS there.. now I am kind of "in between" lol

In the process of relocating to PA for good.. right now back and forth between PA and NJ..

Yea sometimes I think about moving back to PA. most of my family is still there.

when the business I worked for (in NJ) downsized and I lost my job I put in some time looking at replacing my job in NJ...

but when I figured taxes.. lack of freedom.. cost of real estate.. I decided I had had enough... and then came the exit plan.. so I live in NJ still at the moment.. but spend a ton of time in PA checking out different areas and job opportunities..

NJ looks less and less appealing by the moment..

• Like 1

when the business I worked for (in NJ) downsized and I lost my job I put in some time looking at replacing my job in NJ...

but when I figured taxes.. lack of freedom.. cost of real estate.. I decided I had had enough... and then came the exit plan.. so I live in NJ still at the moment.. but spend a ton of time in PA checking out different areas and job opportunities..

NJ looks less and less appealing by the moment..

+1 same here looking at a new life and everything in pa

Thats actually a pretty cool, Ive never seen that before. And I ment like the physical location the website only mentioned a PO Box.

call for details.. Paul is great to deal with.. never had an issue.. went out of his way to get things I needed that he did not have..

I know we all have our favorite local shop.. but I have never felt anything but the highest most personal level of service from Paul.. great guy..

• Like 1

call for details.. Paul is great to deal with.. never had an issue.. went out of his way to get things I needed that he did not have..

I know we all have our favorite local shop.. but I have never felt anything but the highest most personal level of service from Paul.. great guy..

\

This I drive an hour and a half to use paul's shop.

To the original post Bobs Little Sport Shop in Glassboro has some as well as Hagues in West Deptford. I know both of those shops are in the South Jersey area, I'm not sure where Arms-N-Ammo is.

And both are way over priced. Go to PK90...

Also consider a pre-owned starter. I just went through the same decision making process. The post-ban compliance requirement is a PIA and really complicates life for us. A build was also on my radar but I decided for the first time out, no matter how easy everyone says it is, I would buy an assembled gun. Maybe that is just me. I ended up getting what I consider a very good buy on a lightly used Armalite 20" barrel HBAR. Cinching it for me was the retro look that I definitely favor.

Also consider a pre-owned starter. I just went through the same decision making process. The post-ban compliance requirement is a PIA and really complicates life for us. A build was also on my radar but I decided for the first time out, no matter how easy everyone says it is, I would buy an assembled gun. Maybe that is just me. I ended up getting what I consider a very good buy on a lightly used Armalite 20" barrel HBAR. Cinching it for me was the retro look that I definitely favor.

it is not just you.. people get worried when "building a gun" something about that seems overwhelming.. scary..

but it is still incredibly easy... easier than you could ever imagine.. so easy it is almost boring...

I built my own and it was alot easier than I first expected. As to making it Jersey legal it took me all of 30 min to pin the stock and grind the bayo lug (my brake was already pinned), its easy to do all you need is a drill for the stock and a hacksaw (I used a dremel tool) for the bayo lug.

I built my own and it was alot easier than I first expected. As to making it Jersey legal it took me all of 30 min to pin the stock and grind the bayo lug (my brake was already pinned), its easy to do all you need is a drill for the stock and a hacksaw (I used a dremel tool) for the bayo lug.

it is not just you.. people get worried when "building a gun" something about that seems overwhelming.. scary..

but it is still incredibly easy... easier than you could ever imagine.. so easy it is almost boring...

I see my man card is in jeopardy :icon_redface:

I see my man card is in jeopardy :icon_redface:

Not at all..most folks until they've done it, don't realize just HOW simple the process is to go from a box of parts to a functional rifle. I put together a lower during my lunchtime at work on Friday, took me less than 30 min to do it..and only THAT long because i ad to go out into the garage to tap the roll pins in. Literally the HARDEST part of the whole thing on a new build is the muzzle device...and THAT can even be simple if you go with a Cav-Comp or one of the others with the Pin-hole pre-drilled, or go with a Crowned bbl and eliminate it completely. I did the one on my late daughter's .22 with a hand drill..but i've also got access to a welder....and someone who knows how to use it LOL. I'll be putting a sure-fire on my .300 Blk sometime in the next couple of weeks..I'm still deciding if i want to do it myself or send it out to Adco.... The $150 or so once you factor in shipping would buy me 1k of brass

• Like 1