Maksim

Shot Show 2012 - Just Epic!

Howdy!

Just got back from Media Day 2012 for Shot Show. Holy crap, what an epic day.

Shot out to 960 meters with a 416 Barret, shot clays with 3 gun open guns, and $$$$ Browning shot guns, blasted steel with high end Sphinx IPSC guns, shot both semi auto suppressed Kriss Vectors, and Select Fire SBR Kriss Vectors, Suppressed 300 AAC Blackout S&W M&P 15 rifle? check. Wasted hundreds of dollars of Winchester zombie ammo? Check. Shot over priced HK, cause we're better than you rifles? Check. Shot the brand new Sig P224 and chatted with the lead designer of the gun? Check. How about a new pocket 45 XD Slim? Check.

Chatted with Jerry Mucilek, Rob Leathen, JJ, Taran, Rob Pincus, and all the other who's who in the shooting community.

Wayyyyyyyyy tooo much fun. Ask away, and will be sure to put it into the blog entry with some videos.

This is by far, the most fun Jon and I have had at the range. EVER!

• Like 2

Shot the brand new Sig P224 and chatted with the lead designer of the gun? Check. How about a new pocket 45 XD Slim? Check.

Ooooh, tell me more man! I'm digging that P224. I had no idea there was a pocket XD, that sounds badass.

So sitting here with Jon and Eric.... And Lo and behold, next to us were will, stephanie and her bf from sons of guns.

Oooo, ask her if she goes A$$-2-mouth...

That's the only way i can get past that bunt.

Sorry, all the drama makes me goofy.

• Like 4

Sorry for lack of updates. Today was full day at range and the appropriate going out in vegas. Will have updates soon when I have some time. 1 am vegas time, and getting back up at 7 am to go back to show. will try to get some updates tomorrow from the media room.

In Short...

New Products.

XD Slim - 45 acp, 5 + 1. Totally awesome handgun, and my choice for pocket carry, next to a Raughbar R9/R45. Street price around 550?

Sig P224 - it is a sig. Meaning, great build quality, fit and finish, but I just have an issue with a street price of say $900 for a pocket gun? Is it worth twice the price of an XD Slim? Hell no.

Btw, the XD Slim, out of the box, nice fit and finish, and very very nice factory stock trigger out of the box. not much mush.

Sig 1911-9mm that you guys were asking about? Don't count on it. they are having supplier issues, so it will take as long as it takes.

Speaking of let downs... Mag Pul... you know, the 15 round mags. In short, spoken by a Magpul rep, so take it for what it's worth, this is not the decision maker, but "Magpul has more important stuff going on than 15 round magazines, and will get around to releasing them when we can."

I feel a bit let down by lack of a pocket pistol from Smith & Wesson. The major new smiths were a new Classic 586 revo, and 300 AAC Blackout upper and gun. They also had a "tactical" almost 3 gun gun, Vtac gun complete with nice rail and all.

speaking of 300 AAC, seems like every big mfr and small had a 300 aac rifle in the works. Seems like that caliber is here to stay, and having the chance to shoot it suppressed, TOTALLY Awesome!

Glock... more new Gen 4 Models, and official word from Glock.... Glock Gen 4 does not have "issues."

Also... Bullets....

I think Jon and I found a great source for bullets... Xtreme Plated bullets, got some samples will be loading up and shooting. Case pricing... alot cheaper over Precision Delta and Montana Gold, as they are plated, but are fairly thick plated, perfectly fine for major power factor.

Surprising trend... this year, in the large bore calibers, seeing alot more 50 bmg chambered guns over 338 lapua, etc.

Also... Bullets....

I think Jon and I found a great source for bullets... Xtreme Plated bullets, got some samples will be loading up and shooting. Case pricing... alot cheaper over Precision Delta and Montana Gold, as they are plated, but are fairly thick plated, perfectly fine for major power factor.

Cool, Glock approved??

Also... Bullets....

Surprising trend... this year, in the large bore calibers, seeing alot more 50 bmg chambered guns over 338 lapua, etc.

Just looked them up. The cost of 124gr FN @ 3750 round would be $277 as opposed to $325 for MG. That's $50. Although shipping wasn't included in the xtreme bullets $$. I thought MG has shipping included. I will order 500 rounds of Xtreme cauuse if you buy in 500 round increment or 100, the price is the same.