alec.mc

Horrible experience with TargetSportsUSA - Banned for life

I'm really quite in awe of the conversation that I just had with " Doug " - The apparent owner of TargetsportsUsa.com.

A few weeks ago I placed an order for a case of 9mm ammo, which I've done multiple times before without incident. A few hours later I went and placed an order for a few boxes of 22 ammo ( 17 dollars worth )

These were two seperate orders, placed a few hours apart.

I recived free shipping on the full case of 9mm ammo, the is ussually always the case with them.. Free Shipping when you buy full cases... When i ordered the 22 ammo a few hours later, i paid shipping, about 11 dollars to ship 8 small boxes of 22 ammo.

A few days later I recived the case of 9mm, as expected.. No issues.

A week or two go by , I still never recived my 22 ammo, Then the other day I recive one of them automated emails along the lines of " You've had your 22 ammo for a few weeks now, How do you like it? Like to review it ? Etc etc etc.... At which point I knew something was wrong, I never got the item.

So yesterday I call and spoke to a lady, who was very nice.. She explained that the 22 ammo was apparently shipped in the same box as the 9mm ( even though I paid 11 dollars shipping on the seperate order of 22, but they threw it in the other box anyway... but regardless ) ... I explained that It most definiately was not in the box... She said she'd look into it and call me back... I get no phone call.

Now today I call back and speak to this guy, I give him the order # and explain what happened, He is immediately rude, telling me that he has him employees on camera putting the 22 in the box with the 9mm.... Yeh whatever, Im trying to pull a fast one over you guys for 17 dollars worth of 22 ammo, give me a break !

After him being even more rude he tells me that he is going to refund the purchase, I ask if they can just go ahead and ship the ammo. He tells me No and never to order from them again, and If i try to place an order it will be rejected.

...... Completely taken back, I try to reason with the guy to figure out what the hell is his problem, My entire demeanor over the phone was completely polite and calm. He keeps saying that he never wants me to order from them again..

At which point I ask if he is the owner of the company... He says Yes, I ask for his name multiple times, he says Doug, I say doug what ? -- He then mumbles something along the lines of " F- You " and hangs up.

I really cannot beilve the absolute horrendus attitude I've recived from the " owner " of the company, I've must of ordered $1000-$1500 dollars worth of ammo from them last year, and they " ban me " because I never got a 17 dollar order of some cheap 22 ammo.... are you kidding me?

I'll never be spending my money with them ever again... And on my own accord.

- Alec

• Like 2

The BBB is kinda eh, you can basically buy your business rating with "donations" and not much action cant be taken since he refunded the money. I don't understand why the guy got so crazy though maybe his wife just left him or something, I mean I am sure he can go back and see all the stuff you have ordered from them before, even a mediocre business owner would go back check. Then seeing what kind of business you give them, give you the ammo for free even if they did send it the first time just to keep that level of business.

Yeah, I believe this Doug person was not thinking clearly. If it is as you say, there is not one retailer who will alienate a customer who has spent as much money as you have over less than $20.00 regardless of the margin. Every online retailer knows the possible impact of a negative review or complaint.

I'll never be spending my money with them ever again... - Alec

Post up an order number and Email for them and I'll send them an email RE:Order # XXX about what I heard about them from you and let them know I'll stand by my friend and there are only just shy of 3000 members here on the forum that just read about their service also.

Total BS

• Like 2

Check out pages 13 and 14 on this page here ( the low rating ) Here you'll find a few reviewers who the company " doesnt want them as customers any more " .. and people not reciving items, but apparently they are shipped out and seen on " security cameras "

https://www.reseller.../rating/page/13

Post up an order number and Email for them and I'll send them an email RE:Order # XXX about what I heard about them from you and let them know I'll stand by my friend and there are only just shy of 3000 members here on the forum that just read about their service also.

Total BS

I already sent a email about it basically to the same effect of what your saying cause I order from these guys from time to time and if they are treating him like this its a matter of time before it happens to us.

The only negative experience I've had so far was I ordered 20 boxes of Gold Dot as part of a larger order on 24th Nov 2011. The order went through and my CC was charged the full amount. 2 weeks later still nothing received and no tracking number even though subsequent ammo order from 29th Nov was delivered. I also received the email about was I happy with my Gold Dot order to which I responded by email I had not received them.... I didn't hear anything back though...

After a bit more time, I received shipping confirmation on 5th December and the order was delivered. However rather than 20 boxes of Gold Dot there were only 15 boxes and the packing note had the 20 crossed out and 15 written on by hand.

I assume that they had delayed sending the order hoping they would receive more Gold Dot and therefore would be able to fulfill the order, however realised that this wouldn't happen and ended up sending only the 15 boxes. What irritates me was there was no mention was made in the package in terms of an apology for not being able to completely fulfill the order and that the balance would be refunded.

I phoned TargetSportsUSA on 7th December and they said that they only had 15 boxes in stock at the time, and they would refund me for the missing 5 boxes. By the 16th December no refund had appeared on my CC so I once again called, this time the refund was actioned within a couple of days.

Overall, the customer service was poor. I understand that they might have only had 15 boxes, but they could have handled this better by:

1. informing me there was only 15 boxes and did I want it shipped (with a partial refund) or to wait

2. Including in the package an apology note for not sending the complete order and an explanation that I would receive a refund within 'x' days

3. When I phoned about the refund, they could have actually actioned it rather than make me phone again a week later.

My other 2 orders have been actioned smoothly through them.

TheWombat

No Soup Ammo For You.

I've only ordered from Cabela's. In fact I'm waiting on 10 boxes of .45 that has been backordered for a couple months now. Cabela's told me right away it was backordered, gave me option to cancel or wait and charged by CC for only the portion of order that shipped.

Thanks for the heads up.

This is the response I received by one of the sales reps from the company.

Target Sports USA

6:37 PM (33 minutes ago)cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me

cleardot.gif

Hi Anthony,

Please understand that there are always two sides of the story. Regardless of that we are not forcing anyone to purchase from us.

As you know, we do our best and we work as hard as we can to accommodate the needs of our loyal clients.

I am not allowed to go into details as far as what happened on the phone conversation, but I can tell you that I will look into this and have my superiors investigate this matter.

FYI… “doug” is not a owner of the company.

Best Regards,

Diana Delmic

Internet Sales Manager

TargetSportsUSA.com | 1-800-511-8220

DiscountAmmoSales.com | 1-860-676-0610

Anthony, Regardless of what " their side of the story " may be, I can assure you the information I gave you is 100% accurate, those that have met me personally can vouche that I am a calm reasonable individual.

a quick google search on some negative reviews with the company and a rating of " F " with the BBB clearly show that I am not the only one.

---

And when I was asking " Why ??? " to when he told me never to order from then again, he kept repeating " Because I can " ...... My 12 year old brother does the same thing, Extremly childish.

edit, and FYI... my refund came from " Dajana Petrovic Delmic "

Anthony, Regardless of what " their side of the story " may be, I can assure you the information I gave you is 100% accurate, those that have met me personally can vouche that I am a calm reasonable individual.

a quick google search on some negative reviews with the company clearly show that I am not the only one.

---

And when I was asking " Why ??? " to when he told me never to order from then again, he kept repeating " Because I can " ...... My 12 year old brother does the same thing, Extremly childish.

edit, and FYI... my refund came from " Dajana Petrovic Delmic "

Oh I am on your side 100%, I expected her to make that type of response, I just want to see when or if this lady will get back to me and what they are doing about it. They have alot of negative feed back as you have shown, I just want them to know there's close to 3k people that may not buy from them now because of their stupidity.

We have a Kuerig coffee maker at home. We order the special K-cups for it online from an NJ based company, Shoffee.com. They messed up my order and shipped regular tea instead of decaf. I called them up. They told me to keep the regular tea and they'd ship out the decaf for free. That is what good companies do.

If Ms Delmic is already aware of the negative feedback and wants to make things better, then they need to not accuse people of trying to scam them.

I'm really quite in awe of the conversation that I just had with " Doug " - The apparent owner of TargetsportsUsa.com.

A few weeks ago I placed an order for a case of 9mm ammo, which I've done multiple times before without incident. A few hours later I went and placed an order for a few boxes of 22 ammo ( 17 dollars worth )

These were two seperate orders, placed a few hours apart.

I recived free shipping on the full case of 9mm ammo, the is ussually always the case with them.. Free Shipping when you buy full cases... When i ordered the 22 ammo a few hours later, i paid shipping, about 11 dollars to ship 8 small boxes of 22 ammo.

A few days later I recived the case of 9mm, as expected.. No issues.

A week or two go by , I still never recived my 22 ammo, Then the other day I recive one of them automated emails along the lines of " You've had your 22 ammo for a few weeks now, How do you like it? Like to review it ? Etc etc etc.... At which point I knew something was wrong, I never got the item.

So yesterday I call and spoke to a lady, who was very nice.. She explained that the 22 ammo was apparently shipped in the same box as the 9mm ( even though I paid 11 dollars shipping on the seperate order of 22, but they threw it in the other box anyway... but regardless ) ... I explained that It most definiately was not in the box... She said she'd look into it and call me back... I get no phone call.

Now today I call back and speak to this guy, I give him the order # and explain what happened, He is immediately rude, telling me that he has him employees on camera putting the 22 in the box with the 9mm.... Yeh whatever, Im trying to pull a fast one over you guys for 17 dollars worth of 22 ammo, give me a break !

After him being even more rude he tells me that he is going to refund the purchase, I ask if they can just go ahead and ship the ammo. He tells me No and never to order from them again, and If i try to place an order it will be rejected.

...... Completely taken back, I try to reason with the guy to figure out what the hell is his problem, My entire demeanor over the phone was completely polite and calm. He keeps saying that he never wants me to order from them again..

At which point I ask if he is the owner of the company... He says Yes, I ask for his name multiple times, he says Doug, I say doug what ? -- He then mumbles something along the lines of " F- You " and hangs up.

I really cannot beilve the absolute horrendus attitude I've recived from the " owner " of the company, I've must of ordered $1000-$1500 dollars worth of ammo from them last year, and they " ban me " because I never got a 17 dollar order of some cheap 22 ammo.... are you kidding me?

I'll never be spending my money with them ever again... And on my own accord.

- Alec

Wow. Yep, vote with your wallet and F*CK them. I'm tired of these f*cking places treating customers like sh*t. They're not the only game in town. I think you're doing it right. You politely tried to work thru the situation, got screwed, posted your experience for others to learn and said F*CK YOU to them by taking your business elsewhere. Nice job.

The only negative experience I've had so far was I ordered 20 boxes of Gold Dot as part of a larger order on 24th Nov 2011. The order went through and my CC was charged the full amount. 2 weeks later still nothing received and no tracking number even though subsequent ammo order from 29th Nov was delivered. I also received the email about was I happy with my Gold Dot order to which I responded by email I had not received them.... I didn't hear anything back though...

After a bit more time, I received shipping confirmation on 5th December and the order was delivered. However rather than 20 boxes of Gold Dot there were only 15 boxes and the packing note had the 20 crossed out and 15 written on by hand.

I assume that they had delayed sending the order hoping they would receive more Gold Dot and therefore would be able to fulfill the order, however realised that this wouldn't happen and ended up sending only the 15 boxes. What irritates me was there was no mention was made in the package in terms of an apology for not being able to completely fulfill the order and that the balance would be refunded.

I phoned TargetSportsUSA on 7th December and they said that they only had 15 boxes in stock at the time, and they would refund me for the missing 5 boxes. By the 16th December no refund had appeared on my CC so I once again called, this time the refund was actioned within a couple of days.

Overall, the customer service was poor. I understand that they might have only had 15 boxes, but they could have handled this better by:

1. informing me there was only 15 boxes and did I want it shipped (with a partial refund) or to wait

2. Including in the package an apology note for not sending the complete order and an explanation that I would receive a refund within 'x' days

3. When I phoned about the refund, they could have actually actioned it rather than make me phone again a week later.

My other 2 orders have been actioned smoothly through them.

TheWombat

FYI - What this company did to you is fraud and is illegal. Once a company takes payment for an item, they MUST deliver that item unless you agree to make a change. This is why most companies will not charge your credit card for backordered items. Under NJ law, they could face a $10,000. fine and be obligated to pay you 3 times the value of what was not delivered.

I'm not saying this is worth pursuing, but they don't seem to be using good business practices.

FYI - What this company did to you is fraud and is illegal. Once a company takes payment for an item, they MUST deliver that item unless you agree to make a change. This is why most companies will not charge your credit card for backordered items. Under NJ law, they could face a $10,000. fine and be obligated to pay you 3 times the value of what was not delivered.

I'm not saying this is worth pursuing, but they don't seem to be using good business practices.

The same statute that you're referring to for treble (triple) damages, also permits an attorney to recover his fees from the retailer. So, even if you only recover three times the price of 5 boxes of Gold Dot, the attorney representing you is statutorily entitled to recover his/her full "reasonable" fees from the retailer.

The statute was drafted this way to encourage victims and attorneys to hold businesses accountable when they scam people one small amount at a time.

Way to go, Alec! Thanks for letting us know about these clowns. I've been using these guys for about a year now, with nothing but decent pricing, great customer service and rapid shipping: www.sgammo.com

• Like 1